You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you having?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What are you having?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with the Fosters hatred on here? It's my favourite. Fuckin Beer snobs. Oh, I'll have a Staropramen or a Budvar please. Just to distance myself from them louts in the corner.Fuck you.

It tastes like fizzy piss and it's a weak pansy ass drink favoured by girls, hipsters and other assorted weaklings

It tastes like fizzy piss and it's a weak pansy ass drink favoured by girls, hipsters and other assorted weaklings

Hipsters drink fosters?

Here they either drink craft ales or some shitty american one called blue ribbon or something. Its like a worse version of budweiser

I am open to all beers if they are decent, but for the same reason you say, a good hand pulled pint of bitter is the hardest thing to get. I love a pint of bitter.

I went with lager since it's impossible to get a proper pint of bitter here.

Goddards Bitter on IOW is a welcome pint to end 2-3 days of travel when I go visit my sister. That and Twiglets.

Hipsters drink fosters?

Here they either drink craft ales or some shitty american one called blue ribbon or something. Its like a worse version of budweiser

I have no idea what they drink to be honest but I imagine them to be limp wristed and effiminate and so Fosters would suit

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Skol in bottles...ice cold

Very popular in Malta(my 2nd home).......at 1 euro 20c a pop,great value and great session beer..

Fosters isn't even popular in Australia, and we can all blame Canada for Carling.

We don't even drink it here. You might be able to get Black Label still in some places.

Sadly, our best selling beer is Coors Light and Budweiser.

We used to have brands that I'm sure hipsters would quaff:

Labatt 50

Red Cap Ale

Old Vienna (OV)

Laurentide

Looking back, they mostly tasted like fizzy Scope or over-yeasted ginger ale.

I once dated a girl who drank Labatt 50. She had really small nipples. I never got further than that as we went away to a cottage for a weekend with some other school mates and ended up burning part of it down as the fireplace wasn't properly installed. Of course the lad who had smoked about 3 grams of hash and overloaded it had nothing to do with it.

She told me her parents were getting a divorce and couldn't handle a boyfriend at the time but her mate told me it was because she really thought me and my mates were lunatics.

We don't even drink it here. You might be able to get Black Label still in some places.

Sadly, our best selling beer is Coors Light and Budweiser.

We used to have brands that I'm sure hipsters would quaff:

Labatt 50

Red Cap Ale

Old Vienna (OV)

Laurentide

Looking back, they mostly tasted like fizzy Scope or over-yeasted ginger ale.

I once dated a girl who drank Labatt 50. She had really small nipples. I never got further than that as we went away to a cottage for a weekend with some other school mates and ended up burning part of it down as the fireplace wasn't properly installed. Of course the lad who had smoked about 3 grams of hash and overloaded it had nothing to do with it.

She told me her parents were getting a divorce and couldn't handle a boyfriend at the time but her mate told me it was because she really thought me and my mates were lunatics.

You made it and then put it in a boat and pushed it out to sea and now we're stuck with tribal tattooed morons running rampant on it. Oh Canada...

I'm generally an equal opportunity drinker, but after ten years in North America, I would murder every last one of you for a proper pint of bitter. I really would. So that's where my vote is going.

There's a great band in Canada called The Tragically Hip.

Indeed. Good drinking music, too.

ZaeEopDW0V4

That's what I would have thought. Not sure about Gin bars. Never heard of that.

Gin is making a comeback apparently. Or at least those fancy thick magazines that are more adverts than content are saying it.

I only leaf through them for the odd exposed nipple or supple shots of side boob.

An obviously gin articles.

I like a good gin and tonic.