You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Movie and TV dialogue that pisses you off

Kevin D

Not dialogue but I'm going to put it here anyway.

The way people who get shot/stabbed/set on fire/violently beaten always manage to hang on to life just long enough to incriminate the culprit or say goodbye to a loved one.

Sean Connery in The Untouchables is one who immediately springs to mind.

There's one cliche I love using in real life. Occasionally, you'll meet someone doing the same job that his dad used to do. Invariably, it's a shit job, so I get to say things like

"McPherson, eh? I knew your father. Best goddam transport planner I ever met."

It amuses me, anyway.

• Upvote 1

There's one cliche I love using in real life. Occasionally, you'll meet someone doing the same job that his dad used to do. Invariably, it's a shit job, so I get to say things like

"McPherson, eh? I knew your father. Best goddam transport planner I ever met."

It amuses me, anyway.

I'm saving up finding someone who has married into a really shit job to hit them with some Javier Bardem.

*Flips coin*

"Chaall eet".

• 4 months later...

Not dialogue but I'm going to put it here anyway.

The way people who get shot/stabbed/set on fire/violently beaten always manage to hang on to life just long enough to incriminate the culprit or say goodbye to a loved one.

Sean Connery in The Untouchables is one who immediately springs to mind.

You would absolutely HATE Bollywood films mate. Part of the lengthy running time is down to someone taking a lifetime to croak when the reality would be instant death.

i fucking hate the way mo farah narrates in that cunning advert

the way he says "including lots of protein" makes me threaten my telly

Considering he needs loads of Carbs as they give energy and Protein helps build muscle(which he has very little of! not really but he doesnt have mass anyway) that does piss me off too.

Every chief of police in every cop movie ever "god dammit the DA's up my ass on this one". Or "your on your own with this, it's strictly off the record, if you fail Wachowski (insert cop surname) it's your badge" usually said as our renegade protagonist is walking out the door of his office for effect.

Also THAT guy at the crime scene, that's only there to stick his finger or a large knife in the bag of coke and say "yeah it's coke".

The one that really baffles me is the "Stop! Police! I need to commandeer this vehicle" usually followed by some confused woman getting out of her car immediately. The chase continues, yet the car is completely destroyed in the process. Never a mention of the woman being reimbursed for making her car a complete write off.

• Upvote 2

Every chief of police in every cop movie ever "god dammit the DA's up my ass on this one". Or "your on your own with this, it's strictly off the record, if you fail Wachowski (insert cop surname) it's your badge" usually said as our renegade protagonist is walking out the door of his office for effect.

Also THAT guy at the crime scene, that's only there to stick his finger or a large knife in the bag of coke and say "yeah it's coke".

The one that really baffles me is the "Stop! Police! I need to commandeer this vehicle" usually followed by some confused woman getting out of her car immediately. The chase continues, yet the car is completely destroyed in the process. Never a mention of the woman being reimbursed for making her car a complete write off.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/216daf534a/mcbain-the-full-movie

• Upvote 3

When Person A has something important/troubling that they need to tell Person B, Person B will always get distracted somehow or change the subject to something more cheerful once the conversation starts. After a while, Person B will remember that Person A wanted to tell them something so they'll ask, only to be met with a reply that it was nothing important/urgent/relevant. Soon afterwards, there will be some sort of calamity or mishap that could have been avoided had Person A actually said what they wanted to say.

Hatchet-faced bird: I need to talk to ya.
Wet young lad: Me too.
HFB: The fing is, Jack...
WYL: Hang on Chelsea, let me go first. I've just got to get this out. Please.
HFB: OK.
WYL: Fing is, I love ya Chels. Always have, always will. Couldn't live wivout ya. Wouldn't be worf it. Since me family died, you're all I got.
HFB: * Pulls constipated expression *
WYL: We'll be alright, won't we? As long as we got each ovva. Nah, what did you wanna say?
HFB: Nuffink. We can talk about it some ovva time.
WYL: One last fing vo', no more secrets. Promise?
HFB: * Weakly * No more secrets.

• Upvote 3

I don't like dialogue with no real reaction. That show with lee Mack and Tim vine they say a lot of one liners often funny but no one laughs or reacts in a real way because of that I fucking hate it. I always liked Ronnie barker or only fools and horses where people reacted and laughed at a funny retort. I hate the dialogue in newsroom because of it what they are actually saying in isolation is often interesting but there's no human edge to it, its robotic and fast, people have very quick often deep and profound for the moment mini speeches.. No pausing for breath or a seconds hesitation whilst their thought process thinks out the rest of their dialogue. I at least want the illusion the dialogue is not written and rehearsed. Its more to do with direction than dialogue I suppose.

When Person A has something important/troubling that they need to tell Person B, Person B will always get distracted somehow or change the subject to something more cheerful once the conversation starts. After a while, Person B will remember that Person A wanted to tell them something so they'll ask, only to be met with a reply that it was nothing important/urgent/relevant. Soon afterwards, there will be some sort of calamity or mishap that could have been avoided had Person A actually said what they wanted to say.

Normally happens in soaps where someone is dying of cancer or has six months to live, person who has found out is hysterical and panicky yet the person who has the disease just completely changes the subject and says "I need to clean the loft out sometime" or "I reckon we should change the wallpaper in this room, we've had bit for ages" then walks off while the other person is left on a knife edge thinking how long their mum/brother/wife will have left or when they will start treatment.

• 2 weeks later...