You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Holy shit. Did we sell him to parma or did he join someone else first? If he did I hope we stuck a sell on clause.

We swapped him for Insua, Palleta started what 3/4 games and was bombed out and went on to develop into a very good CB, in 3 years expect us to be saying similar about Coates.

We swapped him for Insua, Palleta started what 3/4 games and was bombed out and went on to develop into a very good CB, in 3 years expect us to be saying similar about Coates.

Agreed we can be good at spotting talented young players but if you don't give them time to develop there's no point.

I still cant believe people spent 3 pages talking about Mata being offered in the deal

Hhahahaahahah

Fucking hell there are some thicko's on here

I have magic beans for sale......pm me

A long long excursion into a world of fantasy, where Mata is bundled into a deal to acquire Suarez. But then we are the famous Reds fans, a rare breed of romantics unaware of how much the footballing world has changed around us in the twenty years we have been in our deep slumber.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Haven't you been a regular critic of Coates?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Real Madrid have offered £29m for Alex Pearce.

The club accepted the bid, reluctantly, but the player turned down a move. He said he can achieve everything he wants at Reading.

I must have you mixed up with another moaning bastard. You all blend together after a while.

Recorded crime down 7%, ONS says

Crimes recorded by police in England and Wales have fallen by 7% in the year ending March 2013, according to the Office for National Statistics.

There were reductions in nearly all the main categories of crime including violence, which fell 4%.

However, sexual offences - rising 1% - and thefts such as pickpocketing - rising 9% - bucked the trend.

Separate data from the Crime Survey for England and Wales showed the number of crimes had fallen 9% since last year

A very plausible outcome. I'm of the opinion that we would be better off keeping him and letting him develop here. People are raving over the greek lad, but Coates, and Kelly, could save us a fortune in the defensive area, and we could spend on other areas of the pitch. He needs to be given a run of games to be assessed properly.

I know that the management team see him in training every day, but as we all know, training is so different to competitive matches.

seems Eriksen is going to Milan to replace Kevin Prince Boateng who is on his way out (one year left on deal it seems)

was pretty gash in England before but he has impressed me for Milan, worth a look? (Obviously if we did sign him he shouldn't be allowed Prince on the back of his shirt)

A very plausible outcome. I'm of the opinion that we would be better off keeping him and letting him develop here. People are raving over the greek lad, but Coates, and Kelly, could save us a fortune in the defensive area, and we could spend on other areas of the pitch. He needs to be given a run of games to be assessed properly.

I know that the management team see him in training every day, but as we all know, training is so different to competitive matches.

How much time do new players deserve?

We can't keep every player because he might turn out to be good one day.....mainly because these kind of players will under perform in the "now" and get managers the sack

We probably couldnt have attracted Eriksen if we wanted to.

Boss player, will be special.

Yeah, he's got nearly 40 caps for Denmark, scored a goal every 5 games so far for Ajax and has got about 60 assists for them to his name and played 150 games plus winning 3 league titles and playing massive games in Europe all whilst being one of their best players.

And he's still only 21.

If he gets the right move, with the right manager he'll be a great player. He'd be in our top 3 best players right now if we signed him, he's arguably better than Coutinho.

Shame we never wanted him which is strange considering we are targeting other attacking midfield players. He was probably never interested to be honest