You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Are you fucking daft? I live with a sunderland fan so watch a bit of them and for me he is their best player. Spurs will keep hold of him. he is decent

Danny Rose is average, best of a bad bunch maybe, good enough for Sunderland but nowhere near good enough for us.

The poster above nailed it with the 'buy enough turds and hope one floats' transfer policy, fuck i hope we are past that.

Amazing how people still think buying overpriced shite English players is in anyway a good idea.

What's wrong with Danny Rose? I thought he's been the best of a struggling squad and not a bad player overall.

Whats right with Danny Rose?

'Not a bad player' 'decent' 'ok'

Right thats sold me! 12-15 mill should get him.

Does no-one remember Sterling destroying him early on this season?

Quite often this thread is depressing. We don't have enough money to compete for the top players, so why suggest them. We have a squad full of of average British players acquired for expensive fees over the last couple of years which have taken us from Champions League challengers, to mid table mediocrity.

So why not try a different approach. I look at the likes of Porto, and Dortmund, who have acquired young talent from across Europe and the world, and grown with them. Take Jackson Martinez, we were linked with him for about 2 years, joins Porto last summer, now clubs are looking at paying 30 million plus for him.

Coutinho was a good start in this respect, time will tell on Sturridge, I remain to be convinced that he quite has the game intelligence and decision making to play at the top level. But he does score goals so we'll see.

Diakate is dodgy from what I've seen.

To be honest, he does look a bit dodgy! So does Zapata (Milan), who looked quality at Udinese - big cunt though!

Do we really want wholesale changes? I'd like to see another attacking wide player - Sanchez?, a dynamic destroyer in the middle of the park and a centre back to play alongside Agger since it's clear Skrtel isn't in Rodgers' plans- de Vrij? Of course we've no idea how much money will be available but we don't want another season of transition.

That is what I was thinking - Skrtel seems to be going, and Coates but that would mean a lot of changes, he may play it safe and ship out Coates and bring in a young un and a Williams type player, but Skrtel would bring in more money.

I think we could get Shaw - Tottenham got Bale because they made the effort, United will go for Baines, City don't want him and Chelsea may spend their money elsewhere. He may tell us to fuck off but £10m rising up to £15m should get him.

Welferfelderwelder or Williams could be an option.

Welferfelderwelder? Come on, that can't be his real name.

Remember the good old days when the transfer thread actually had transfer news?

Maybe that's just rose tinted glasses talking.

Maybe when the transfer window opens there will be transfers?

I recon both full backs at Southampton are very good especially Shaw, I think Nathaniel Clyne is quality as well, either one of them I'd be happy, Wanyama and I think we need to get prepared for life without Gerrard as sad as it is, Draxler could be that man, he's going to be class

I recon both full backs at Southampton are very good especially Shaw' date=' I think Nathaniel Clyne is quality as well, either one of them I'd be happy, Wanyama and I think we need to get prepared for life without Gerrard as sad as it is, Draxler could be that man, he's going to be class[/quote']

Which one is the left back? He is pure quality, I agree.

Woolster's Wishlist

Caulker

Sakho (then perhaps the Alderweireld)

Remy

Schneiderlin

Weimann

Beausejour

You taking the everton job mate?

I think even they've got more ambition than that.

I'd have Sakho from that lot. Really hope most of our shopping is done abroad and not from the dregs of our league.

Kinell all I said was he was good and that spurs wouldn't sell him too us.

you fucking crying cunt.

Wind yer neck in.

Though to be fair i think i would cry if we signed Danny Rose and more players of his ilk, Liverpool have been doing that for 20 years, it really has got to fucking well stop at some point.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If we're doing 'sort of linked with' style lists, rather than full on 'what I'd do' lists...

Begović

Sakho

Alderweireld

Wanayama

Gameiro

However, I'd like a one or two of these if we could actually attract them and pay for them. Which we probably can't, but fuck it. There are plenty of players about. Surely we can nab a few decent ones. Right? RIGHT? Probably not, but anyway...

Begović

Sakho

Ogbonna

Alderweireld

Iñigo Martinez

Papadopoulos

Amorebieta

Lars Bender

Gonalons

Wanyama

Schneiderlin

Fernando Reges

Paulinho

Matić

Camacho

Strootman

Toulalan

Siem De Jong

Eriksen

Dries Mertens

Arda Turan

James Rodriguez

Wilfried Bony

Gamiero

Mkhitaryan

I think we may run a similar campaign to the January window when Sturridge & Coutinho came in. First, get in the top target who has been well trailed before (maybe Eriksen) and then play a flanker with the press and supposedly go for an ageing overpaid ex-star, lose out to a crud side so all the mongs work up into a froth, then quietly bring in a relative unknown at a boss price who turns out great.

Repeat a couple of times and that will do us fine.