You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

That, Sir George, is the correct answer.

City have proved this year that money can't buy you the title. Listening to their boss saying they needed more investment was laughable. I look forward, as ever, to our summer signings. I hope for 3 or 4 top signings, instead of 7 or 8 average ones.

Our squad is ridiculously large with average-ness.

I'm drunk.

Roll on next year.

I like Rodgers. Not in a gay way.

Not so sure about Eriksen. An area where we have adequate cover in Gerrard, Coutinho, and Suso. His development has stagnated a bit and would rather target a Adam Maher who could be considerably cheaper but equally a top talent. My wishlist options would be:

Begovic (if Pepe leaves)

Alderweireld / Diakite (Bosman) / Sakho / De Vrij

Wanyama / Tonny Vilhena

Andriy Yarmolenko / Christian Benteke

Not so sure about Eriksen. An area where we have adequate cover in Gerrard, Coutinho, and Suso. His development has stagnated a bit and would rather target a Adam Maher who could be considerably cheaper but equally a top talent. My wishlist options would be:

Begovic (if Pepe leaves)

Wanyama / Tonny Vilhena

Begovic (if Pepe leaves)

Wanyama / Tonny Vilhena

I'd fall off my chair if we had a summer like that but if FSG were to sanction it would be marvelous

Begovic (if Pepe leaves)

Wanyama / Tonny Vilhena

You could be right about Eriksen. Cruyff seems to think he needs better players around him to improve and he does seem to be adding more goals this year but I think Fischer will end up the better player. Still good enough for us but I would be looking at Maher or Van Ginkel as well. Not sure about De Vrij but Vilhena looks like he will be boss.

Werent we linked with Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk, the Armenian attacking midfielder?

I heard some rumours about it through the various media gossip.

Yeah, we've been linked to him but I'd say there is very little chance of it happening. Shakhtar would want crazy money for him.

Rodgers today saying that Skrtel is going nowhere.

"Skrtel is certainly a player we want to keep and we have no ideas of selling him. He is an important member of our group."

Good one Brendan. Perhaps you may allow me just one question then. If that IS the case, why the fuck has a retiring, 83 year old Jamie Carragher been playing ahead of him for the last how many weeks is it now?