You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Philippe Coutinho has selected his dream five-a-side team with a manager and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has failed to get the nod from the Brazilian.

As part of an interview with Soccer AM, Coutinho was asked to name his five-aside team, from the players he’s played with throughout his career

“This is going to be very hard for me because I’ve played with a lot of great players,” he told Soccer AM’s YouTube channel.

“I’m going to play with one goalkeeper, obviously, one defender, one midfielder and two attackers, very offensive because we need to score goals.”

Asked who would be the manager, he replied: “Tite, he’s one of the best coaches I’ve had.”

Coutinho’s five-a-side team…

Goalkeeper: Julio Cesar

“When I arrived at Inter Milan, in this moment, for me, he was the best goalkeeper in the world. He did great things at Inter. He is one of the best goalkeepers I’ve played with. When I arrived at Inter I was so young and he helped me off the pitch. It was difficult being a long way from my family and friends. He is very quick with his movement and is also good with his feet.”

Defender: Lucio

“When I arrived at Inter he was in his best moment. He won everything at Inter. He was very tough and trained as hard as he played. He’s a really nice guy but when he arrived in the dressing room for the game he changed, you could not talk to him because he was focused on the game.”

Midfielder: Steven Gerrard

“This is an easy pick. He is one of the best players I’ve played with and I learned a lot from him. When I arrived at Liverpool it was a dream to play with him, a guy who I used to watch in Brazil and I used to play with on the PlayStation. Stevie G is the best midfielder I’ve played with. He was an idol for me and for everyone who watched him play, but when you were together with him, and you see him training, it was different, he was even better. He was great at shooting, passing and defending and a big leader.”

Striker: Neymar

“He’s not a bad player! He is one of the best in the world. I’ve played with him many times with the national team at U15, U16, U17 level. He has always been different. He will win the Ballon d’Or one day, it’s coming, I think. He is the best technical player I’ve played with. He’s very skilful, in training there will be five players around him them he’ll do one movement to get away.”

Striker: Luis Suarez

“He is a top player. He’s a killer in front of goal, if he has a chance he scores. I’ve played with a lot of strikers but I think he’s the best one because he doesn’t miss and he fights a lot. He’s a family guy, he helped me a lot when I arrived at Liverpool and he’s really nice.”

Captain: Gerrard

“He’s the leader. Simple.”

Manager: Tite

“He’s great. He’s doing great things for Brazil and is one of the best coaches I’ve had. I have learned a lot from him

Philippe Coutinho has selected his dream five-a-side team with a manager and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has failed to get the nod from the Brazilian.

As part of an interview with Soccer AM, Coutinho was asked to name his five-aside team, from the players he’s played with throughout his career

“This is going to be very hard for me because I’ve played with a lot of great players,” he told Soccer AM’s YouTube channel.

“I’m going to play with one goalkeeper, obviously, one defender, one midfielder and two attackers, very offensive because we need to score goals.”

Asked who would be the manager, he replied: “Tite, he’s one of the best coaches I’ve had.”

“When I arrived at Inter Milan, in this moment, for me, he was the best goalkeeper in the world. He did great things at Inter. He is one of the best goalkeepers I’ve played with. When I arrived at Inter I was so young and he helped me off the pitch. It was difficult being a long way from my family and friends. He is very quick with his movement and is also good with his feet.”

“When I arrived at Inter he was in his best moment. He won everything at Inter. He was very tough and trained as hard as he played. He’s a really nice guy but when he arrived in the dressing room for the game he changed, you could not talk to him because he was focused on the game.”

“This is an easy pick. He is one of the best players I’ve played with and I learned a lot from him. When I arrived at Liverpool it was a dream to play with him, a guy who I used to watch in Brazil and I used to play with on the PlayStation. Stevie G is the best midfielder I’ve played with. He was an idol for me and for everyone who watched him play, but when you were together with him, and you see him training, it was different, he was even better. He was great at shooting, passing and defending and a big leader.”

“He’s not a bad player! He is one of the best in the world. I’ve played with him many times with the national team at U15, U16, U17 level. He has always been different. He will win the Ballon d’Or one day, it’s coming, I think. He is the best technical player I’ve played with. He’s very skilful, in training there will be five players around him them he’ll do one movement to get away.”

“He is a top player. He’s a killer in front of goal, if he has a chance he scores. I’ve played with a lot of strikers but I think he’s the best one because he doesn’t miss and he fights a lot. He’s a family guy, he helped me a lot when I arrived at Liverpool and he’s really nice.”

“He’s great. He’s doing great things for Brazil and is one of the best coaches I’ve had. I have learned a lot from him

You can see this article being picked apart by the press vultures and adding 2+2 and getting the wrong answers. 'Coutinho snubs Klopp' 'Coutinho wants to join Neymar/Suarez.' All because he chose a five a side team on the interweb.

You can see this article being picked apart by the press vultures and adding 2+2 and getting the wrong answers. 'Coutinho snubs Klopp' 'Coutinho wants to join Neymar/Suarez.' All because he chose a five a side team on the interweb.

That came out a couple of weeks ago and your "article" is the first one using it to talk up a move...

EXIT DOOR LIKELY AS COUTINHO LABELS MANAGER TIT

• Upvote 2

Liverpool were hoping that the fact Coutinho will not be eligible to play in the Champions League for Barca this season, as he has already played for the Reds in the same competition, would put the Catalan giants off.

Barcelona have reportedly identified how much they are willing to pay towards landing long-term target Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool.

The Brazilian remains Barca’s number one target in January, despite their failure to land him in the summer as Liverpool held firm in the face of continued speculation that their star man would move to La Liga

However, both Sport and Mundo Deportivo claim Barcelona are ready to spend big in order to finally land their man.

Their final offer during the summer reached £118million, but they are reportedly ready to spend up to £130m this time around, while Coutinho himself would earn a huge £237,000-a-week.

In order to facilitate Coutinho’s arrival, Barca boss Ernesto Valverde will need to free up some space in the squad and on the wage bill.

And the expected departure of Arda Turan, who earns £145,000-a-week, will free up the money to get the Liverpool star.

Liverpool were hoping that the fact Coutinho will not be eligible to play in the Champions League for Barca this season, as he has already played for the Reds in the same competition, would put the Catalan giants off.

Barcelona have reportedly identified how much they are willing to pay towards landing long-term target Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool.

The Brazilian remains Barca’s number one target in January, despite their failure to land him in the summer as Liverpool held firm in the face of continued speculation that their star man would move to La Liga

However, both Sport and Mundo Deportivo claim Barcelona are ready to spend big in order to finally land their man.

Their final offer during the summer reached £118million, but they are reportedly ready to spend up to £130m this time around, while Coutinho himself would earn a huge £237,000-a-week.

In order to facilitate Coutinho’s arrival, Barca boss Ernesto Valverde will need to free up some space in the squad and on the wage bill.

And the expected departure of Arda Turan, who earns £145,000-a-week, will free up the money to get the Liverpool star.

Sauce?

If they are paying straight up 130ml even in the normal few instalments its a great deal. Well it would be if you could trust our owners to add it to the transfer kity and it not being the transfer kitty.

Love to see us make a few statement signings

Hold out for £150m. They need to bring in Coutinho to keep Messi, otherwise he's off to City. Messi has probably said in no uncertain terms "bring in Coutinho or i'm off". 

We've got them by the bollocks here. Coutinho has 4 years left on his deal and we can do without him if he refuses to play. There's no reason to cave in whatsoever.