You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Fucking priceless.

Uh oh. Looks like it's not worked and if they don't start winning soon they're going to support Fc United again.

the prospect of Europa football is putting some fans off renewing

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-fans-not-impressed-3219034

Manchester United fans have warned David Moyes he must turn around the club’s fortunes – after he wrote a letter apologising for the season.

The under-fire Old Trafford boss was told the support he still has will be eroded unless there is a positive finish to one of United’s worst campaigns of modern times.

Andrew Kilduff, from Stretford End Flags, said the letter from Moyes – sent to season-ticket holders – was ill-timed and claimed it was performances, not words of apology, that were needed from the United boss.

“It’s a big month for Moyes and with every performance, result and team selection analysed, the words and body language he is portraying are a battle for himself,” said Kilduff.

“Analysed by both media and fans, his words need backing up on the pitch or it won’t be long till the fans vocally turn against him.”

Kilduff, spokesman for the independent supporters group, said information on season ticket renewals came out in February, three months earlier than usual.

He added: “It wasn’t the best PR move by the club, as the team in most seasons are still challenging for the league in February and in most years challenging in Europe. That’s not the case this season and the prospect of Europa football is putting some fans off renewing.

“With those renewals usually come words from Sir Alex, words full of optimism and promise. These have been replaced by words of apology. Words promising a turnaround in the future but words echoing the feeling of fans who are gradually beginning to turn against the manager.

“I’m fully behind Moyes, his defining moment isn’t now but in 12 months’ time when we can assess the summer and January 2015 transfer window.”

The only thing better than watching Moyes taking his last managerial gasps, like a dying fish, is seeing the fanbase in turmoil.

Every instinct is screaming for them to turn on him, but in doing so they'd shit all over the ivory tower they've spent the past twenty odd years looking down on other clubs from; one built on the myth that they've always shown patience and support. Now each sentence starts "I back the manager... but".

Some of my best friends are managers......

Was just coming here to post that. Spot on, I love how every criticism is prefaced with the same sop; don't worry everyone, no Kopite behaviour from me.

Not surprised he's giving them the great supporters line mind. 23 years of virtually non-stop trophy winning, but it's been one cold eternity since May, and they haven't all fucked off yet. Wow is all I can say. Proper football club.

The best thing about it for me, is not Moyes's failure, or the turmoil of the fans, it's the fact that for the first time they actually have to analyse players like Welbeck, Smalling, Jones and Cleverly.

It's a funny thing but when your below the top 4, you have to look more closely at who is the deadweight in order to progress. "They can't be average players because we won the league" that old adage doesn't apply anymore. 

Now it's Welbeck doesn't score (he never scored before), and Cleverly does fuck all (he's always done fuck all) and they look on bewildered as the wizard appears as a man from behind a curtain, i told you it was a man all along you want to scream, everyone knew it, except you.

• Upvote 3

The best thing about it for me, is not Moyes's failure, or the turmoil of the fans, it's the fact that for the first time they actually have to analyse players like Welbeck, Smalling, Jones and Cleverly.

It's a funny thing but when your below the top 4, you have to look more closely at who is the deadweight in order to progress. "They can't be average players because we won the league" that old adage doesn't apply anymore.

Now it's Welbeck doesn't score (he never scored before), and Cleverly does fuck all (he's always done fuck all) and they look on bewildered as the wizard appears as a man from behind a curtain, i told you it was a man all along you want to scream, everyone knew it, except you.

It tells you all you need to know about Moyes' style that Welbeck has prospered more under him than van Persie.

• Upvote 3