You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegard Forren

withnail71

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

Wasn't doubting you, just took a quick look to see who he was and saw the bitters interest in him.

Makes we wonder if the club will try to get rid of Agger again.

I like the look of Coates, I hope we don't give up on him so quickly. Yes OK, he does look like he has a mistake in him, but he is in decent company in our defence and midfield. He just needs games, a proper run to build confidence and shake off the rust.

I'd prefer us to loan him out, get him playing regularly and then judge him as I think we have a player on our hands here. He's not just a lump it, kick and rush defender, he has a bit of class about him on the ball.

We wanted him under Rafa, we want him under Rodgers; something tells me Codebot isn't going to like him.

He is a Norwegian footballer, he might like him!

Decent player, if I should compare him with anyone I'd say he is a bit like Agger, the light version, he has improved a lot since we were frist rumoured to be looking at him a couple of years back though and he broke into the Norway defense last season.

Good at breaking infront of the attacker, not so dominant in the air, a goos ball player, good to bring the ball out of defense and also capable of scoring goals both from direcgt free kicks and corners.

Fuck me, reading that he sounds like a world beater.

Or at least a good Norwegian player. It's been a while, has it not?

Absolutely, Hangeland is easily our best player right now, we have some up and coming players at U-21 level though and they qualified for the European Championship as one of only eight teams beating France in the qualifiers so the future might be bright.

Tettey is doing pretty well at Norwich as well at the moment.

I don't agree that he's not dominant in the air. He's actually quite good in the air. Of course it would be a different level, but he did well against Switzerland for the national team and almost scored on a couple of corners. And he was definitely Molde's best player in the Europa League this autumn.

Or at least a good Norwegian player. It's been a while, has it not?

Absolutely. Talent development in Norway was damaged for many years by the amount of foreign players in the league and the success of the national team in the 90's because it took the focus away from developing player's technical abilities and focusing more on stamina and work rate because many teams on every level thought the only way for Norwegians to succeed was by mainly focusing on this part of the game. Which of course wasn't the only way because Rosenborg had international success (by Norwegian standards) at the same time by playing their own style no matter what opposition they faced, although still based on some of the same principles as the national team albeit playing more through the midfield and keeping the ball mostly on the ground.

This mindset and focus on talent development has vastly changed during the last decade and combined with an influx of more young Norwegian players in the league and some of the best youth players being trained at the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal has improved Norwegian football the last few years. Still early, and the national team hasn't had the full effect of it yet, but with the success of the U21's lately beating France in the play off and the upcoming European Championship this summer hopefully they will get even better.