You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

mancs away 13/1/2012

Bjornebye

Fuck me. Check out our previous results for a reflection of how we tend to do at OT. Under lots of different managers.

We were better before they brought on Jones. Which is why they brought on Jones.

I swear to fucking God there are gobshites on here who are glad we lost so they can have a pop.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shite first half sterling allen and downing were terrible , downing and sterling had absolutely no goal threat.. 2nd half was much better, sturridge looked very lively and caused them lots of problems, suarez wasnt as isolated.

brave decision from Rodgers takin off lucas but thought allen was much better in 2nd half.

would play borini sturridge znd suarez frkm now on.

felt weird having 3 up front that were a goal threat.

First half awful, 2nd half by far better team and deserved a point. Decision making at the crucial times really. Skrtel didn't need to be cleaning out Welbeck for their 2nd, Reina was getting to the ball. Sturridge looked very lively when on, but missed a sitter for what I felt would have been a deserved equaliser.

Stewart Downing needs to fuck off. Allen and Lucas will get bossed by anyone with pace and physical presence. One of them needs to be playing, with Henderson/Shelvey.

Henderson looked good again when on.

Rodgers fault we lost that.

Sent them out half asleep in the first half.

Too respectful.

Picked the wrong side.

Kept Allen on too long.

Gerrard anchored on half way line when his shot was the reason we scored.

Take the fucking hint man!!

They were there for the taking.

Pissed off.

Agree with some of that we looked scared first half

Fuck me. Check out our previous results for a reflection of how we tend to do at OT. Under lots of different managers.

We were better before they brought on Jones. Which is why they brought on Jones.

I swear to fucking God there are gobshites on here who are glad we lost so they can have a pop.

You're right, we should just never try and win because we've lost in the past. On that point what is the point of competing for the Premier League, look at how the rest of our managers have done.

In other words, thats a load of bollocks. We should have won or at least fucking COMPETED in this match - and we would have hadn't been some utterly fucking terrible decisions by our manager.

Somebody said earlier that he should "learn from this". Yeah, he should, but it would be nice if we hired managers who learnt before they got here. He just seems so bloody naive.

Fuck me... Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm genuinely shocked at the negativity here. It's early days, we just lost 2-1 away to the likely champions and we saw a good cameo from a recent signing, chill the fuck out

Agreed and well said. Kind of understandable because it's the mancs, but it's still way over the top.

Fuck me... Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm genuinely shocked at the negativity here. It's early days, we just lost 2-1 away to the likely champions and we saw a good cameo from a recent signing, chill the fuck out

it's not that we lost, i expected that, apart from a bit in the secound half we were rubbish. We were disgraceful in the first half.

Thought we did well in the second half and looked good with Suarez, Sturridge and Borini. Not sure how often Rodgers will try that in the future but we freaked them out for a good 15-20 minutes there, so am just going to look forward to how things go from here. If Rodgers works out the right team to play we could have a good 2nd half of the season.

It was too late then though game was over or we certainly were not in a position to win - may as well been 3-0

Hardly a debacle. We've been the better team for the second half, and should have made more of our chances. Lucas isn't to blame, he didn't pick himself, but he isn't at the races yet.

Just stop with the Lucas bashing, it is getting old, and embarrassing for you personally.

First half approach was due to the manager's instructions, and Allen, Gerrard, Downing and Sterling shitting it. Gerrard picked it up the second half, the others did not. Lucas was one of the better ones on the pitch for us.

As far as "our chances" go, Sturridge had two, scored one. That's about it. We created little, pressed harder in the second half, and did not get embarrassed, just lost, like so often these days.

All and all quite poor, I am moving more towards Code's opinion these days.

Not as brassed off about that loss as I thought I would be. The Villa defeat was harder to take, for me. Anyway, if Rodgers can get the line-up right from the start (i.e. Henderson or Shelvey instead of Allen when up against opposition like Utd) then we shouldn't see passive starts like we did today. Selection of Borini seemed a bit odd, but the Sturridge/Suarez/Borini combo needs more time.

At least we made a game of it in the end and that was all I was asking for at half time. But everything about that first half was wrong - the tactics, the team selection and the effort from some of the players. Encouraging start for Sturridge. He lacked a bit of composure with some of those chances but at least he was getting in the positions and being prepared to have a go. Sterling needs some time out of the team as he just doesn't seem to be contributing anything to games at the moment and Henderson should clearly be starting ahead of Allen on current form.

So fuckin what if they are likely champions what should we do lie down? First half we stood off and looked scared of them, Sturridge should have started the game

Enrique was missed (didn't think I'd say that at the start of the season), he'd have been far better than Downing. Sturridge looks promising and linked well with Suarez. We were utter gash for an hour but played well in the last 25 mins and showed that United aren't as good as they're made out to be. Allen, Downing and Sterling need to be dropped now.

You're right, we should just never try and win because we've lost in the past. On that point what is the point of competing for the Premier League, look at how the rest of our managers have done.

In other words, thats a load of bollocks. We should have won or at least fucking COMPETED in this match - and we would have hadn't been some utterly fucking terrible decisions by our manager.

Somebody said earlier that he should "learn from this". Yeah, he should, but it would be nice if we hired managers who learnt before they got here. He just seems so bloody naive.

The managers who learned before they got here are the managers who also lost. Kind of made my point. First half was shite, second half much better. Selection wasn't working so he changed. Something previous bosses haven't always had the nuts to do.

When you find this manager who never makes a bad decision let me know.

We let them have that on a plate.

Youre talking bollox.

Dont care abput previous results.

Take RVP out of that side and theyre nothing.

Rodgers fucked us up today.

Wrong starting 11, much better second half and overall not too downbeat.

Some of the comments on here are totally laughable. We've lost 8 out of the last 9 at Old Trafford with 4 different managers, but it's 'Rodgers out'.

Grow a fucking pair and stop being such fucking whingers.