You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

mancs away 13/1/2012

Bjornebye

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand watching or listening to these gamee so went to watch The Hobbit instead.

It's good isn't it. Martin Freeman is very good as Bilbo.

As for the match we were comfortable for 20 minutes but then we don't do enough in the build up to their first goal(Downing) to stop the ball going out wide and we concede. Very sloppy, we looked overawed from there on in. We can only play one of Lucas or Gerrard, together they're very pedestrian. Felt for Allen because he was asked to play in between and was never here nor there after they scored. Sterling will spend more time as an impact player from the bench now Borini is fit. Fabio did well when he came on. He made the ball stick in that channel and was able to bring others into play. Could be argued Suarez dropping deeper looks an even better proposition with the pace of Sturridge ahead of him. Looks well balanced. Thought Sturridge was set to score the equaliser but wasn't to be. Really encouraging display from him.

Rodgers will come in for some stick basically because our fans have yet to get a firm grip of reality. Young manager, young team, see the positives from today and be encouraged.

Save your pessimism and bile for those running the club.

Infuriating that. If we actually played them from the off instead of shitting ourselves for an hour until they went 2 up, we would have comfortably taken atleast a point today.

Poor team selection and poor set up from the manager. Suarez was totally isolated until Sturridge came on. Everyone knows you can get at that Manc side so why the fuck didn't we bother? Rodgers fucked up there. Another pathetic result at Old Trafford.

Spot on rep this man someone

Absolutely fucking atrocious first half, which cost us the game, marked improvement in the second half.

I lost count of how many times Sterling gave the ball away today. Shouldnt of started today.

Agree with all that , Sterling has been utterly dreadful since he signed his contract , he wasn't much better before either.

He gives the ball away 75% of the time and with the other 25% just passes short , offers absolutely fuck all in the way of a goal threat , no and then he'll score the odd one but thats purely down to the law of averages.

Its not all his fault though as hes not getting used in a way to get the most out of him.

Pretty much the same goes for Downing barring that last sentance.

Interesting how much better Allen looked once we upped the tempo. Glad to see Sturridge & Suarez looking like a lively combination, as well as how much more dangerous Suarez looks playing with another striker.

It would be nice if we could find the right midfield balance, whether that is bringing in someone big who can play in the slower, more muddled games, or another attacker.

But fairly happy with the performance in the second half. Frustrating that we seem to either play wonderfully or totally hopelessly. It looks like it will take a long time and a lot of patience, but signs are that we can kick on if the owners and the management team add to the squad. Will be very worrying if we are done in the transfer market.

‎2-1 was a fair result i reckon. We showed Utd far too much respect in first half, actually looked scared of them, which is odd because utds defence look vulnerable when players like suarez run at them. The first 45mins tipified everything about LFC this season. Too much pissing about with the ball on the edge of their own area, inability to tackle/win the ball in midfield, allowing opposition far too much space all over the pitch. Not quick enough getting the ball up the pitch.

Utd taught us a lesson first half, RVP was outstanding. Gerrard, for me, the best player ever to play for liverpool , is well past it im afraid. Allen has been awful since October, Downing has been awful since birth. Even Henderson is a better option than Allen at present. Still there are positives, Sturridge will add goals and Borini is back.

Agree with most of what you've said except the Gerrard bit, he isn't the player he was once but he should be getting helped out by the younger players and not hampered by them constantly giving the ball away (both Allen and Lucas today), Allen has been getting carried for months now and I'm afraid he needs a long spell out our team because he is at this moment complete shite. Lucas looks a shadow of his former self but he has had a long time out so to be expected.

All the more important that we bring in a midfielder now that Sahin has gone, I said this window would tell us the ambitions of FSG, shipping Sahin out and not replacing him will be another big mistake. Not that I hold much confidence in Rodgers eye for spotting midfield talent with the way Sahin and Allen have played.

‎2-1 was a fair result i reckon. We showed Utd far too much respect in first half, actually looked scared of them, which is odd because utds defence look vulnerable when players like suarez run at them. The first 45mins tipified everything about LFC this season. Too much pissing about with the ball on the edge of their own area, inability to tackle/win the ball in midfield, allowing opposition far too much space all over the pitch. Not quick enough getting the ball up the pitch.

Utd taught us a lesson first half, RVP was outstanding. Gerrard, for me, the best player ever to play for liverpool , is well past it im afraid. Allen has been awful since October, Downing has been awful since birth. Even Henderson is a better option than Allen at present. Still there are positives, Sturridge will add goals and Borini is back.

Another good post about first half and our team looking shit scared and intimidated, the "playing" about at the back is also going to cost us goals

, teams are all over it now and sometimes you just need to clear the ball

And yet he was our best midfielder (not saying much, I know). I still think Rodgers doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of Gerrard.

It's sickening to lose to them both home and away but today's first half performance really did fuck us up.

I wanted us to fire into these cunts and gain a bit of revenge for what happened at Anfield. I can take heart from how we played in the second half, manc goal apart, and I want to see us kick on now and start putting teams away as we did against the likes of Sunderland and Fulham.

Enrique was missed (didn't think I'd say that at the start of the season), he'd have been far better than Downing. Sturridge looks promising and linked well with Suarez. We were utter gash for an hour but played well in the last 25 mins and showed that United aren't as good as they're made out to be. Allen, Downing and Sterling need to be dropped now.

Yeah , i was thinking this during the game , hes a massive miss for us.

Probably our 2nd best player this season.

On a positive note Sturridge looks like the player i thought he would be , i know its early days but the difference with him up there alongside Suarez is massive compared to what else we have seen this sseason.

It's sickening to lose to them both home and away but today's first half performance really did fuck us up.

I wanted us to fire into these cunts and gain a bit of revenge for what happened at Anfield. I can take heart from how we played in the second half, manc goal apart, and I want to see us kick on now and start putting teams away as we did against the likes of Sunderland and Fulham.

Hard to take positives from the second half as it produced no end result, yeah Fulham and Sunderland, relegation fodder

As for the match we were comfortable for 20 minutes but then we don't do enough in the build up to their first goal(Downing) to stop the ball going out wide and we concede. Very sloppy, we looked overawed from there on in. We can only play one of Lucas or Gerrard, together they're very pedestrian. Felt for Allen because he was asked to play in between and was never here nor there after they scored. Sterling will spend more time as an impact player from the bench now Borini is fit. Fabio did well when he came on. He made the ball stick in that channel and was able to bring others into play. Could be argued Suarez dropping deeper looks an even better proposition with the pace of Sturridge ahead of him. Looks well balanced. Thought Sturridge was set to score the equaliser but wasn't to be. Really encouraging display from him.

Rodgers will come in for some stick basically because our fans have yet to get a firm grip of reality. Young manager, young team, see the positives from today and be encouraged.

I was a bit disappointed that the director tried to dumb down some scenes (the trolls) in a similar way to Star Wars with Ja Ja Binks. Other than that I enjoyed it.

Anyway, thank you for placing a sensible, sane and coherent post amongst so many crazy, impatient, sky generation bollocks.

Rodgers performed dismally today again

We have not beaten a team in the top half of the table and neither have we looked likely to

We saw today again that rodgers really does not know what he is doing

did souness, houlier, rafa, kenny, woy??? ffs.. give the guy effin time...... 1/2 a friggin season and you're cackin your kecks...

Infuriating that. If we actually played them from the off instead of shitting ourselves for an hour until they went 2 up, we would have comfortably taken atleast a point today.

Poor team selection and poor set up from the manager. Suarez was totally isolated until Sturridge came on. Everyone knows you can get at that Manc side so why the fuck didn't we bother? Rodgers fucked up there. Another pathetic result at Old Trafford.

like the 1-4 a couple of years ago????

The game made me recall one of those cringy business-speak expressions "the only place where success comes before work is in a dictionary". This was so true today. Downing's and Sterling's work rate were appalling. Contrast their performances with the effort put in by Kagawa and Cleverley. The quality of the performance from these two and Allen was also really poor.

did souness, houlier, rafa, kenny, woy??? ffs.. give the guy effin time...... 1/2 a friggin season and you're cackin your kecks...

Yeah, he did.

Whether Rodgers does or not is still up in the air, but I agree with your sentiment that we should give him time. We should still criticise him when he makes poor decisions and praise him when he makes good ones.

Heres an example. Buying Sturridge was an excellent decision and shows that he can spot a good player. Buying Allen for £15m, though, was a terrible decision.

Heres an example. Buying Sturridge was an excellent decision and shows that he can spot a good player. Buying Allen for £15m, though, was a terrible decision.

How is it possible to come to this conclusion right now?

6 months and barely 2 weeks respectively.

I like Rodgers but is anyone else sick of hearing him refer to our club as "the group"? It's constant. He never says the club / the team / the squad. Always "the group".

I don't actually take much notice of what he says. Though, I'm currently sick off seeing Allen starting games.

Agree 100%, especially about Martin Freeman.

Allen is obviously the new escape goat for a lot of people, I guess because Rodgers signed him, but he was one of our best players in the second half and probably shouldn't have been taken off for Henderson; who did nothing, again, yet seems to be unreasonably highly rated by some people.

First half performance was no good, the entire team played terribly, but there were some positives to take from the second half, for sure.