You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wesley Sneijder

Fowlers God

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would've been fucking quality for us I reckon but if he wants to go play in a shitty league and put his international place and standing in world football at risk for a few extra quid that he'll never spend then thats his choice

I mean c'mon Wesley, this is the Country Darius Vassell got a hero's welcome in!

The Joe Cole comparisons are risible, Sneijder is on a different level altogether. A more apt analogy would have been Kaka or Pato.

That said, I don't think he could play with Gerrard and likes to occupy the same spaces Suarez does. We need a Downing replacement much more urgently. Someone like James Rodriguez.

The Joe Cole comparisons are risible, Sneijder is on a different level altogether. A more apt analogy would have been Kaka or Pato.

That said, I don't think he could play with Gerrard and likes to occupy the same spaces Suarez does. We need a Downing replacement much more urgently. Someone like James Rodriguez.

Awesome player - if we signed him i'd shit a brick.

People asking who could we would sign for the same transfer fee do my nut in - it's not just about the fee it's about the wages, signing on fee, agents fee etc.

We do not have a transfer budget that is totally removed from the wages budget - the 2 things are related it is possible to rob Peter to pay Paul but you can't rob them both!

Wesley might have cost say £8m in transfer fees but on a 3yr deal at £150k per week that's another £23m (£31m over 4 years) plus agents, etc means a package of £30m+.

So the question should be who could we sign for £30m+ over 3 years *assuming we have that money which I don't think we have.

I do laugh when people suggest we don't need a player like him. He is proven world class talent. We have been out of the Champions League for 3years now. We are a mid table / Europa league side at best on current form. Lets not kid ourselves here, that is the level we are at and have been at since 2009. Sneijder is world class and would walk in to our side. He is a champion. If he is available then it's ano brainer. If he has gone to Gala for money then fair enough, good luck to the lad. With the wages we've shifted off the bill we should have be in a position to offer him an attractive package. If this was just a pathetic attempt to put the shits up Blackpool for fucking Ince or a blueshite-esque publicity stunt to appease supporters then I'm more than a bit concerned. Ince or Sneijder, it's not even a contest.

I agree with that as well.

I do laugh when people suggest we don't need a player like him. He is proven world class talent. We have been out of the Champions League for 3years now. We are a mid table / Europa league side at best on current form. Lets not kid ourselves here, that is the level we are at and have been at since 2009. Sneijder is world class and would walk in to our side. He is a champion. If he is available then it's ano brainer. If he has gone to Gala for money then fair enough, good luck to the lad. With the wages we've shifted off the bill we should have be in a position to offer him an attractive package. If this was just a pathetic attempt to put the shits up Blackpool for fucking Ince or a blueshite-esque publicity stunt to appease supporters then I'm more than a bit concerned. Ince or Sneijder, it's not even a contest.

I agree but it doesn't seem as if he wanted to come here, seems to want to go to Turkey.

Bizarre, it's a shit league with hardly any decent players (at a world class level at least). If he wanted to play at a high level whilst getting paid a lot he could've gone elsewhere. Apart from the money, not sure what the attraction of playing in Turkey would be. He's only 28 too, he's got years left at the top, the greedy fucker.

The fact that he has chosen to go and play in the footballers graveyard that is the turkish league says a hell of a lot about his complete lack of ambition.

He is 28, he realistically had one more big move left in his career, and he's completely wasted it.

Until we know the ins and outs of this, one would assume that they were the only team in for him. Despite all the ITK's and people claiming Warner told them on Saturday, whose to say we were in for him at all.

Don't forget he pretty much did all he can to stall the Gala deal to invite other bids in, which weren't forthcoming.