You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Being a hypocrite, because you can

Preston Red

So we are to blame for Owen's career according to Slur Cunt

Owen played 316 games for club and country ahead of his 24th birthday. In comparison Ryan Giggs (112), Paul Scholes (123) and David Beckham (184) were handled with care by Ferguson.

Hmmmm.

wayne rooney had 362 for club and country before 09-10 season started. considering his birthday is in october, he surpassed owen by the age of 24. so argument is invalid.

Convenient how things are forgotten when the agenda doesn't suit the argument

I don't see anything wrong with Owen's article there to be honest. He's 100% correct about the injuries and playing too many games.

He even said at the end he wouldn't change any of it as the best time of his life was at Liverpool.

Plenty of sticks to beat him with, I wouldn't say this was one.

As for Ferguson, worra cunt.

I don't see anything wrong with Owen's article there to be honest. He's 100% correct about the injuries and playing too many games.

He even said at the end he wouldn't change any of it as the best time of his life was at Liverpool.

Plenty of sticks to beat him with, I wouldn't say this was one.

As for Ferguson, worra cunt.

It's still fun though whether it's justified or not with that little cunt.

The thing is, it reached a point ages ago where he could be talking shit, but people just assume there is a subtext with whatever he says and so the myth about 'mind games' continues. That said, I fully expect the Manc derby to be similar to the Chelsea-ManU game which had loads of soft decisions and controversy.

And next week's lottery numbers are...

Tony Pulis has held talks with Mike Riley, manager of the Professional Game Match officials board, after claiming that Stoke City players are treated differently by officials from the opposition. The Stoke manager feels too many referees are going into games involving his side with preconceived ideas about their style of play. He believes this is why Stoke are bottom of the Premier League fair play table with 32 yellow and three red cards this season.

Pulis claims Ciaran Clark's challenge on the Stoke midfielder Glenn Whelan at the weekend would have resulted in a red card had it been committed by one of his players. In the event the Aston Villa defender was not punished.

Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel: "I have spoken to Mike Riley this week. I find the whole situation disappointing week after week. Look at the incidents where our players are being booked or sent off, then compare them with similar incidents involving others that are going unpunished. There was the Clark one on Glenn at Villa.

Tony Pulis claims referees' bias puts Stoke bottom of fair play table | Football | The Guardian

Tony Pulis has held talks with Mike Riley, manager of the Professional Game Match officials board, after claiming that Stoke City players are treated differently by officials from the opposition. The Stoke manager feels too many referees are going into games involving his side with preconceived ideas about their style of play. He believes this is why Stoke are bottom of the Premier League fair play table with 32 yellow and three red cards this season.

Pulis claims Ciaran Clark's challenge on the Stoke midfielder Glenn Whelan at the weekend would have resulted in a red card had it been committed by one of his players. In the event the Aston Villa defender was not punished.

Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel: "I have spoken to Mike Riley this week. I find the whole situation disappointing week after week. Look at the incidents where our players are being booked or sent off, then compare them with similar incidents involving others that are going unpunished. There was the Clark one on Glenn at Villa.

Tony Pulis claims referees' bias puts Stoke bottom of fair play table | Football | The Guardian

Moyes and Pulis have both been trying the 'mind games' again. As Evertonian's always tell me they're 'too nice a club' to harangue and pressurise refs on the pitch so it's a legit move from Moyes. No doubt Stoke fans think they're 'too gentlemanly, too honest' a club to stoop to other club's standards (usually the RS).

No seriously this is how they see themselves.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/12/13/everton-fc-manager-david-moyes-upset-at-refereeing-standards-99623-32416895/

The main problem with his career was that he was picked for England too early, although I can see why it was tempting as he was very talented. Then again he would probably be away with the U21's anyway. An example of the worst problem with international football. Do the young players really have to play that many unnecessary games for their country when they are just emerging as players for the clubs? And of course FIFA has made it impossible for the clubs to take care of their own players if they feel like they ned a bit of rest.

Similar thing with Sterling now. He's neither good enough nor ready for that and why he had to be picked right now I really can't see. I'm sure it gave us a lot of problems about the contract as well.

"Rodgers told to stop attacking referees: Liverpool boss warned to lay off men in black By JOE BERNSTEIN

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been warned ahead of the Merseyside derby against Everton that his continual berating of match officials will not help his team's cause. Referees' chief Mike Riley and his members are angered by Rodgers continuing to claim his club are victimised by officials, regarding it as a tactic to seek an advantage."

Hmm, I await Mike Riley's public put down of Tony Pulis. And Ferguson for that matter. I won't hold my breath though.

• 2 weeks later...