You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

There's plenty more to be dropped yet. We aren't finishing top 4.

Well im just saying if we get 4pts from the last two games(thats what i see) then its 7pts in the last 5 against Palace, Watford,Southampton,West Ham and Boro.

Dropping 7pts to those sides with 3 home games is a fucking joke

There's plenty more to be dropped yet. We aren't finishing top 4.

I hate to be a negative prick. But id agree with your "glass half empty" assessment.

We're bottling cunts and will roll over to west ham.

I'm guessing that Antonio lad will score the goal that beats us as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was looking at the BBC ' last 10 games' graphic & we have pulled back 6 points on arsenal over that period and have only lost one game, so you could argue that it was Arsenal who have ' shit the bed ' , not us.

Despite the negativity we have won 6, drawn 3 & lost 1 of our last 10 games which to my eyes is pretty good for a team with a very small squad and  often missing some of their better players throughout that period.

Come on Reds.

• Upvote 2

Was looking at the BBC ' last 10 games' graphic & we have pulled back 6 points on arsenal over that period and have only lost one game, so you could argue that it was Arsenal who have ' shit the bed ' , not us.

Despite the negativity we have won 6, drawn 3 & lost 1 of our last 10 games which to my eyes is pretty good for a team with a very small squad and  often missing some of their better players throughout that period.

Come on Reds.

I think, since new year, we have only played well 3 times.

Would you disagree with That? We're talking about 5 months, here.

• Upvote 1

We don't win our last two games with what is at stake will tell the manager all he needs to know about his players if he doesn't know already. He is far from blameless with his stubbornness and the trust he has put into certain players, that said with our squad there is not much choice.

But he thought it was strong enough in August. Nothing ever easy with us.

I hate to be a negative prick. But id agree with your "glass half empty" assessment.

We're bottling cunts and will roll over to west ham.

I'm guessing that Antonio lad will score the goal that beats us as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's injured

Have to agree with this.

Firmino is a completely different player out wide, his industry doesn't lead to anything dangerous and you lose his ability to find a pocket of space in tight areas that he shows in the centre.

I'd play Sturridge and Firmino up top as a 2, or if Sturridge isn't fit then play Fimino central with Coutinho and someone else wide. I don't care if it's Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn, or even Milner or Harry Wilson. Just don't see how it's worth sacrificing everything good about Firmino so that we can play Origi.

The stubborness with playing this 4-3-3 come what may is Klopps biggest weakness IMO.

Yes it works with our best 11 but take a couple out and we just don't have the players to make it work properly.

Take when Mane and Cou were out - we ended up shoehorning Lallana into the front 3...he is not effective there - then as said we at other times shunt Firmino wide to play Origi central....it does not work so well - and so on. Take Mane's pace and directness out and the whole front 3 is less effective and it exacerbates the problem when we then shunt players around to try and fit them into a system asking them to do jobs they aren't best at

Same with middle 3 when players missing there we have Lucas and Can playing in home games against teams parking the bus - not needed, does not work.

For such a manager Klopp has a real blind spot with this.

• Upvote 1

We're absolutely, positively fuckin shite.

Thankfully, so is the league. 

Our performances have warranted being about 9th, but as the league only has two competent sides we actually have a chance of Champions League football next season. 

Biggest game of the season, arguably our biggest domestic game since the chelsea game when we could have won the title. I think we will go there and do these cockney beauts 3 zip. Fucking come on red men come the fuck on.  

Have to agree with this.

Firmino is a completely different player out wide, his industry doesn't lead to anything dangerous and you lose his ability to find a pocket of space in tight areas that he shows in the centre.

I'd play Sturridge and Firmino up top as a 2, or if Sturridge isn't fit then play Fimino central with Coutinho and someone else wide.  I don't care if it's Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn, or even Milner or Harry Wilson.  Just don't see how it's worth sacrificing everything good about Firmino so that we can play Origi.  

Firmino doesn't play 'out wide'.  Never has.   He does occasionally go outside the width of the penalty area, but not that often.  Mane does, when he plays, and even Origi does, when he's asked to, but the others not so much.  

Let's get the band back together - Big Adam with the intricate solos, Judge Studge wtih the frontman magic, Marky Mark Grujic with the heavy hits and Ragtime 'The Lips' Klavan to provide that sweet rhythm.

West Ham 3 Liverpool 1.

• Upvote 3

It seems Big Andy might be out for them.

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

If he's out, it can only be a good thing. Look at what Benteke did to us and he said he wasn't remotely bothered about getting anything over on us - whether it's true or not who knows.

Andy Carroll has an axe to grind and I'm sure he'd love to grind it against us to stop us getting top four. Hopefully he's out.

So does anyone think we won't completely fuck this up as is our way.

Right now I've got faith in us to qualify. Come 7:30pm Monday night ill be pacing the floor looking up at god and apologising for every ac/dc song I've ever listened too.