You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (H) Sat 21st ye swanny play better reds

Bjornebye

Even if we want to assume that, if there are no expectations for Klopp to establish us in the top 4, win trophies and challenge for the title, then there was no point in sacking Rodgers. 

We didn't appoint Klopp to finish 6th. 

we appointed him to improve the players as individuals and as a team, and finish as high up the league as he can.  He was the best manager available , and we were lucky to get him.  

It was incredibly good PR. 

The atmosphere at Old Trafford is miles better than at Anfield.

When we battered them in 2014 there they spent the last 15 mins over and over singing that '20 times' song...as an act of defiance - sadly you'd never get the same at Anfield in the same circumstances, not any more.

There aren't many grounds even with the shite atmosphere that prevails in the pl worse than Anfield these days.

Clement said the noise was incredible when we got the goals so when it ignites it's still as powerful as ever.

That said there's a massive arrogance around us playing teams we see as below us. The crowd are waiting for the team to batter them and the longer it takes that to happen the quieter and more frustrated the fans become.

Our skipper says it's all OK, we will carry on as we have been.

16142262_10155108332372573_4223692849168

Shit.

Think he's talking about the whole season which until Saturday was still looking pretty good.

Get through on Wednesday and then Saturday and it's still looking like we could get something out of it.

Think he's talking about the whole season which until Saturday was still looking pretty good.

Get through on Wednesday and then Saturday and it's still looking like we could get something out of it.

I'm very optimistic that the season will deliver success, it's going to take a few more games I think before normal service can resume with Mane and Matip back in the fold. I was convinced we were going for the title but obviously that looks far less likely now. Turn over Southampton and hopefully some success looks more likely again.

But these Liverpool branded quotes from players about getting back on track do nothing for me at all. Get out there on the pitch and sort it out there. That's what makes a skipper a skipper. 

I'm very optimistic that the season will deliver success, it's going to take a few more games I think before normal service can resume with Mane and Matip back in the fold. I was convinced we were going for the title but obviously that looks far less likely now. Turn over Southampton and hopefully some success looks more likely again.

But these Liverpool branded quotes from players about getting back on track do nothing for me at all. Get out there on the pitch and sort it out there. That's what makes a skipper a skipper.

These quotes aren't for the likes of us mate, they're for the instagramming fuckwits that are beginning to make up the majority of the footballing fan base.

• Upvote 1

These quotes aren't for the likes of us mate, they're for the instagramming fuckwits that are beginning to make up the majority of the footballing fan base.

The modern football fan, pretty branding and a few positive words and they'll go out and ask for the latest kit. You're right there, I hadn't really thought about the influence that social media really does have on the young fans.

Klopp obviously isn't shit. I find it a bit cringeworthy when our fans bang on about him being a world class manager though. Based on what? Overall he did very well in Germany, but has lost two European finals and it remains to be seen whether or not he will achieve anything in the Premier League. The world class tag is premature, in my opinion.

How many of our managers have ever got to two European finals? Rafa is the only one in modern times. Klopp is a quality manager and would be snapped up by a bigger club than us if we let him go,but he's honest enough to admit that he's far from the finished article. He also called the improvement in Swansea in a pre match interview that I saw on NBC that was mocked by two ex 'world class players' a Yank and Robbie Earle. He knew it was going to be difficult and was correct to say so.

Have tried to avoid any internet reaction since the final whistle as i had a feeling the mongs would be out in force sharpening their knives already.

Incredible seeing people get on Klopps back based on his overall performance so far. By far the best thing that has happened to us in years and has us fighting for 2 cups and top 4 after 1 summer, as well as taking us to a European final last year.

Do people not remember we were seriously considering the likes of Eddie Howe and Gary fucking Monk before Klopp signed??

• Upvote 3

I think Klopp is entitled to have a pop at anything and everything. He's said a few times since he's been here that he's made a mistake. Sometime think the crowd at Anfield are a tad too precious. The atmos yesterday stunk the gaff out.

It was as silent and dull as the game, until we went behind. Then the noise level went up, as we were doing our bit - y'know, supporting.

After Swansea's third, there was a collective "fuck it, we're done", which is forgivable from those who have paid good money to be there, but not from the players.

There's just not enough politically disaffected young men able to afford tickets any more. This is the way football is going. The 12th man advantage is gone, if anything we're a man down because no other Premier League crowd does moaning and groaning quite like Anfield.

It was as silent and dull as the game, until we went behind. Then the noise level went up, as we were doing our bit - y'know, supporting.

After Swansea's third, there was a collective "fuck it, we're done", which is forgivable from those who have paid good money to be there, but not from the players.

This is the problem. When you are paying £50 or more a lot of supporters are there for the one and only time and there's little 'oh well,I will be able to watch us win next time' when there won't be a next time as they've been lucky enough to make one game,maybe for a birthday treat or similar. I bet even season ticket holders often share or swap games more often now.

if we didn't set up the same at home as we would for a 'big' side once in a while, it might surprise the likes of Swansea. who know exactly what to expect and can prior plan and block up, and we would break this fucking strange repetitive hoodoo. which isn't just limited to Klopp by the way over the years and keeps costing us dear

it's by no means the only answer as we can easily upgrade half the first XI. which I fully expect Klopp to do as he's no mug and has now seen enough but given them all a chance. which is fair enough.

still plenty to play for mind, i'm hopeful. but everyone knew the Mane' situation was obviously going to bite us on the arse and should have been addresssed given his syle of impact. this is what we should expect as the bare minimum when the window opened