You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hit songs that are unrepresentive of the band...

FanchesterCity

It's not his standout hit though.

It's got to be THE standout hit a band had that wasn't nothing like most of their material.

I admit it's not representative of him, but it's not the song non fans identify him by.

Fair enough FC.  Struggling to come up with one though.  Aws beat me to it with Dancing in the Dark

You're Gorgeous - Babybird.  Pretty famous for being a successful song the band found bittersweet, as its all anyone knows of them and supposedly not even similar to the rest of the album its from, let alone their remaining oeuvre*.  Also a pisstake that was taken seriously by a lot of people as a love song.

* Yeah, I touched myself when I used that word.  Obviously.

• Upvote 2

You're Gorgeous - Babybird.  Pretty famous for being a successful song the band found bittersweet as its all anyway knows of them and supposedly not even similar to the rest of the album its from, let alone their remaining oeuvre*.  Also a pisstake that was taken seriously by a lot of people as a love song.

* Yeah, I touched myself when I used that word.  Obviously.

great shout that. Babybird were a brilliant band.

It can't be a band that have loads of hits and one of them is unusual (like Queen - Another One Bites The Dust).

It has to be a band that had a decent career, and were pretty successful, but had one standout hit that wasn't representative of them.

They can have a few other minor hits, but ONE standout that most people would name. i.e. Stranglers - Golden Brown... it's nothing like them, and it's by far their standout hit.

You can't have Fleetwood Mac - The Chain, because they had loads of other hits and The Chain wasn't their standout.

You CAN have The Cars - Drive, The Ramones - Baby I Love You

You could make a case for - Metallica - Nothing Else Matters

Shit thread, Fanny, lad.

The Chain _ Reprasentitive of Fleetwood Mac

Some Might Say - Very representative of Oasis

Hammer To Fall - Very representative of Queen

Pray - Extremely representitive of Take That

So on and so forth.

I wasn't exactly being fucking serious was I you crying cunt 

Take That are very representative of you.