You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

if there was ever going to be a team other than the mighties it would be these..... My Dad's from glasgow and used to play this video constantly. he isnt well at the minute and i found this on you tube.

great team, great fans. ynwa

(give it a watch and watch shanks before you comment)

Rangers fans are obsessed and bitter about everything Celtic. This thread just proves that.

Thank god they've fallen off the map and into division 3 of Scotland.

On the video, I don't think anyone will watch the video fully as its just too long to watch about a club no one on here even supports.

In the 80's you had teams like Dundee United, Hearts and Aberdeen challenging the Old Firm. Rangers dominance of 9 in a row killed competitiveness, but now we know they cheated to get those trophies. Thanks "sir" David Murray.

Larsson was incredible to watch and the atmosphere for CL games was top. The standard is so low and the fans still think we should be beating any team at Hampden and Wales away. The talk now is we MUST win in Belgium on Tuesday. We will bet bummed.

In the 80's you had teams like Dundee United, Hearts and Aberdeen challenging the Old Firm. Rangers dominance of 9 in a row killed competitiveness, but now we know they cheated to get those trophies. Thanks "sir" David Murray.

Larsson was incredible to watch and the atmosphere for CL games was top. The standard is so low and the fans still think we should be beating any team at Hampden and Wales away. The talk now is we MUST win in Belgium on Tuesday. We will bet bummed.

Dry bummed

For my 8th birthday in July 1967 I was taken to Jack Sharps (Sports Outfitters) in Whitechapel (A massive treat at the time) I was already a Red by this time but my Uncle (a much-loved but incorrigible Bluenose) was attempting to turn me by 'influencing' me into a fancy new Everton kit.

We were a 'mixed' family and my Da was a fierce Red. It was 2 months after the Lisbon Lions had triumphed and I shocked the pair of them by choosing a Celtic kit. Additionally, had to buy a number 7 to be sewn by my Auntie onto the white shorts so I could fancy myself as 'Wee Jinky'.

I was the proudest kid on the park and my hoops served me well as a football kit, going out/staying in kit, pyjamas and wedding suit. Always had a warm place in my heart for them and have met many fellow travellers in far flung corners of the earth that share the same. Good enough for me.

i was lucky enough to be at the game in '98 when they won the Scottish Prem for the 1st time in 10 years. The support & atmosphere was incredible, as was the party afterwards (loooong party !). I'll always have a soft spot for the Celts. but it pains me to say that Scottish football is at the moment fucked. Maybe Rangers falling from grace will be an opportunity for Scottish Football to unfuck itself. On the other hand, if it's anything like the English FA......

I was at the Celtic vs Benfica game & the fans were singing Justice for the 96 all the way to the ground & twice during the game. YNWA was blasted out, although a Celtic song too the resonance in the week of the report was obvious.

Celtic tend to ally themselves with clubs in the North West whereas Rangers are aligned with all the scuzzy clubs like Chelsea, Birmingham & Millwall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Dont understand how people can have a 'second' team myself. Its the Reds or nothing for me.

This

And all the Liverpool/'celtic lite' fans championing the hoops in present day (mostly sheep from 'the oul green sod'), wise the fuck up!

Rangers and Celtic? Two different sides of the same shitty coin. Fuckin' numptys...:wallbutt:

This

And all the Liverpool/'celtic lite' fans championing the hoops in present day (mostly sheep from 'the oul green sod'), wise the fuck up!

Rangers and Celtic? Two different sides of the same shitty coin. Fuckin' numptys...:wallbutt:

mutant

This

Research the respective behaviour of the two groups of fans the last time Celtic and Rangers reached European finals (Hint: one wins an award from UEFA for their behaviour, the other goes on the rampage in the host city). The football may be uniformly poor, but there's quite clearly a gulf in class between the two groups of support.

Yeah, although I do have teams I 'look out for' for a whole variety of reasons. Couldn't have a team that was any sort of competition for the Reds though.

Couldn't tell you how many years I've lived in Scotland but I've never had a Scottish team