You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

22 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They have people who are said to be prepared to go on the record under oath if needs be.

If one of the three sources has the balls, or there is a recording, Starmer has just hung him out to dry with no other option but to resign.

Good stuff.

There was an air of 'Gotcha' about Starmer when Johnson had his rant.

I loved the multiple choice thing. Mocking the cunt is the way to go.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

From Boris's turf, this is what Labour are up against 

What a joke of a video. What’s he trying to prove there? I’d have pinned most of them to not be up to date on any current political affairs. Pointless waste of his time filing it, and my time watching it

23 minutes ago, belarus said:

What a joke of a video. What’s he trying to prove there? I’d have pinned most of them to not be up to date on any current political affairs. Pointless waste of his time filing it, and my time watching it

Their vote counts as much as any other and that’s why it’s significant.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Their vote counts as much as any other and that’s why it’s significant.

Aside from the fact he will have spoke to loads more people added to the fact that you wouldn’t expect them to know fuck all. Or even how they actually voted. Weighted bollocks

7 minutes ago, belarus said:

Aside from the fact he will have spoke to loads more people added to the fact that you wouldn’t expect them to know fuck all. Or even how they actually voted. Weighted bollocks

Not really as it’s quite significant as about two thirds of the eligible adult voters vote there and Johnson/Tories get well over half of those votes, which goes against general London trends.

I’d say it’s really important to find out what those people think and why?

And if you were of an alternative political persuasion I’d consider listening.

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not really as it’s quite significant as about two thirds of the eligible adult voters vote there and Johnson/Tories get well over half of those votes, which goes against general London trends.

I’d say it’s really important to find out what those people think and why?

And if you were of an alternative political persuasion I’d consider listening.

Well there you go then - those 5 people really do signify a clear message on who they voted for, if they even voted and also the general level of political awareness of others in the uk or that area. I’d guess that the 2 young lads and the foreign girl didn’t vote for starters, or even give a fuck. 

What’s the point in listening from labour’s point of view anyway? If they do vote based on no info, how can they be reached or influenced to make a different decision?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

Well there you go then - those 5 people really do signify a clear message on who they voted for, if they even voted and also the general level of political awareness of others in the uk or that area. I’d guess that the 2 young lads and the foreign girl didn’t vote for starters, or even give a fuck. 

What’s the point in listening from labour’s point of view anyway? If they do vote based on no info, how can they be reached or influenced to make a different decision?

Calling people thick and assumptions got us here and I for one am not all that pleased about where we are, so maybe, just maybe, we put efforts in to reaching these people and offering them a vision of their future which is not browbeaten indifference and resignation, just a thought...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Calling people thick and assumptions got us here and I for one am not all that pleased about where we are, so maybe, just maybe we put efforts in to reaching these people and offering them a vision of their future which is not browbeaten indifference and resignation, just a thought...

I didn’t call anyone thick did I?

Your last point - yeah, fine. Those 60 second Twitter released videos are shite though, whichever way they lean. Smug, leading and not at all helpful to changing people’s behaviours on anything, apart from to point fingers and jump to conclusions, furthering divides based on fuck all.

Labour could do with a better social media team tbh and start pumping soundbites out.

Momentum were really good for this and it propelled Corbyn...without the support of the media (and momentum) they really need to look at their own 'marketing'

One thing the tory vermin do well is messaging and positioning and controlling the narrative well.

Labour need to learn from them.

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

I didn’t call anyone thick did I?

Your last point - yeah, fine. Those 60 second Twitter released videos are shite though, whichever way they lean. Smug, leading and not at all helpful to changing people’s behaviours on anything, apart from to point fingers and jump to conclusions, furthering divides based on fuck all.

‘if they even voted and also the general level of political awareness of others in the uk or that area. I’d guess that the 2 young lads and the foreign girl didn’t vote for starters, or even give a fuck.’

You made assumptions about their awareness, intentions and motivations.

From my ivory tower it looks like you’re calling them out as politically illiterate/apathetic/thick, how’s the view from yours?