You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Stig will be along in a minute to call you a liar.

Oh wait, no he won't. He only holds certain people to higher standards. 

Yeah I don’t call people who don’t lie, liars. It really isn’t that difficult. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Never seen the fucking point to be honest, just look at the pictures.

True. If it hadn’t been for my mother teaching me to read though, I wouldn’t have been in the library that day and I might never have fallen for a team that play in red.

I could have ended up, forty odd years later, on a Leeds United forum discussing ferrets that fly under the radar or something equally baffling.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ha ha. I said kids TV.

When I lived in Liverpool, back in the 1980s I used to know an ex soldier who drove around the Council estates of the north west in a knackered van just giving out brand new pre school reading books to parents. He would knock on the door, ask if you had a kid and just hand over a stack of books. Paid for it all himself. I think he had some form of PTSD but sort of admirable all the same. 

Strontz would have opened the door in his nappy asking if he’s got any Jane Austin 

Them probably rang the bizzies to tell them one of his tyres looks a bit worn 

• Upvote 4

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

I could read but I couldn’t blow my nose properly. Not sure if my mum got her priorities right. 

I think most of us could read before starting school mate. I still can’t blow my nose properly 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I could read before I started school. Once there a couple of us used to get sent to the library to amuse ourselves while our remaining classmates struggled with the latest Janet and John (one for older posters).

Whilst there, one afternoon, aged about five. I picked up a book on the unmentionable. There was a picture of a smiling man holding a ginormous trophy with big ears. I thought to myself well here is some glory I could hunt. The rest, as they say, is history. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think they know they've got him.

Wouldn't suprise me if a recording, or a statement of somebody confirming it, is released soon.

To add Laura K is putting the boot in all over the BBC.

That "rant" was 25 years ago today. Time flies- I know F on the GF but more about time flying really

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Strontz would have opened the door in his nappy asking if he’s got any Jane Austin 

Them probably rang the bizzies to tell them one of his tyres looks a bit worn 

Even Strontz has to like that, that's quality. 

He won't like the lack of spell check though.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ha ha. Surely the first time anybody on the GF has referenced Jane Austin in an insult, I think he’s more of a George Elliot fan. 

It wasn't an insult. He's a clever boy don't you know. A special boy. His maa and papa taught him how to read, nobody else's parents ever did that. Shame they couldn't teach him about honesty, humanity, humbleness and how to tie his shoe laces though. 

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Ha ha. I said kids TV.

When I lived in Liverpool, back in the 1980s I used to know an ex soldier who drove around the Council estates of the north west in a knackered van just giving out brand new pre school reading books to parents. He would knock on the door, ask if you had a kid and just hand over a stack of books. Paid for it all himself. I think he had some form of PTSD but sort of admirable all the same. 

Strontz ol man probably.

Along the same lines as the recent discussion around precocious talents (as in, nothing like it), who do we think would replace the floppy haired fucker if he did exit his current job?

Gove or Sunak are probably most likely but jeez louise..

I look at the current cabinet and I don’t see a huge talent pool or evidence of a well thought out succession planning process. I do see a lot of useless cunts so, maybe, anyone will do. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Along the same lines as the recent discussion around precocious talents (as in, nothing like it), who do we think would replace the floppy haired fucker if he did exit his current job?

Gove or Sunak are probably most likely but jeez louise..

I look at the current cabinet and I don’t see a huge talent pool or evidence of a well thought out succession planning process. I do see a lot of useless cunts so, maybe, anyone will do. 

They will shoe-horn Gove into it and we will be in an even worse state than we are now. The only worse options would be Patel or the haunted pencil. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

My money is in Sunak, young, energetic, squeaky clean, family man, great backstory (self made millionaire, son of immigrants) and Mrs Sunak is an heiress to actual billions so no more risk of corruption or sleaze. The narrative will be vote for the Uks first ever BAME pm. Very hard for white middle aged middle class Starmer to go up against in 4 years after the post Covid economic recovery. 

His sleeze is putting friendly peoiple in key positions in the city and wider financial arenas, he's done this already and will do more.

Literally nobody will care about this though.

My money is on Sunak, who Labour have already fixed their targets on, or Hunt who has been on maneuvers for a while and would be seen as the clean break.

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

My money is in Sunak, young, energetic, squeaky clean, family man, great backstory (self made millionaire, son of immigrants) and Mrs Sunak is an heiress to actual billions so no more risk of corruption or sleaze. The narrative will be vote for the Uks first ever BAME pm. Very hard for white middle aged middle class Starmer to go up against in 4 years after the post Covid economic recovery. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

It won’t be Gove. Not much liked in the party, rumours of a drug habit and Mrs Gove actually disliked by a lot of women. My source in Westminster (my daughter, works for a Labour mp) says it’s a sham marriage anyway and he’s gay. 

He'd have to be gay to shag his wife 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

He can’t even find trousers to fit him. 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Squeaky clean my arse. Sunak is a cunt. Remember, power corrupts, especially Tories.