You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

Just now, Bjornebye said:

They have changed the wording to what he's meant to have said 

Had, they changed late afternoon once they had it confirmed.

This morning was shitty, but they've now broken ranks and are saying they have had it confirmed.

Kuenssberg front and centre doing the concerned journalist/citizen schtick.

About fucking time.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Johnson’s little Brexit warriors are out in force using #ScumMedia - all of them attacking Labour because St Boris is being unfairly picked on.

It's incredible really. Johnson says something completely out of order and the reaction is to blame Labour, even though its looking pretty clear that this is coming from within their own party.  

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's incredible really. Johnson says something completely out of order and the reaction is to blame Labour, even though its looking pretty clear that this is coming from within their own party.  

it's a very sad and distressing commentary on the state of things for sure. 

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Seems the chaps and chappettes at CCHQ are offering up £68,000 interest free loans if anyone’s interested.

There some noise that The Spectator also ponied up some cash.

So, the issue is who donated the original money which HQ have said was given in a loan from them and when, if at all, did repayments start?

Also, the final bill is supposed to be around £200k, so where is the other £100k coming from?

There's a lot more to come out.

12 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Gove at his sophist best today ran with the line that Labour voted against the lobbying regulations, so if anything, they were to blame for the lax nature of them and made the ridiculous sound viable until you unpick it, which the majority of the UK can't as we have the lowest rate of literacy in the developed world...

He's an artist when it comes to telling you it's raining whilst he pisses on your shoes.

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I still don't think this means any long term damage for Johnson. He will just ride it out and it will all be brushed under the carpet within a few weeks. 

I've said it before but unless he commits an act of terrorism or paedophilia he won't lose any support.  

What exactly is his hold over people? 

Just now, scottthecanuck said:

What exactly is his hold over people? 

For Brexiteers he got Brexit done and thats all they care about. For the rest he has managed to create this weird loveable rogue type of charm. It's like how Dot Cotton always forgave Nick Cotton even though she knew he was a badden. I was looking through some of the comments on LBC earlier and one woman was saying 'leave him alone, we've all needed to take a loan out at some point in our lives' and that sums it up to me. She genuinely thinks he has just got himself in to a bit of a mess financially and just needed a bit of cash to tide him over otherwise the poor sod might have to pawn the ceremonial mace at Cash Converters. 

Some of my mates, even the more left leaning ones thought the clip that was buzzing around on social media where that Sky Journalist asked him if he was booked in for the 12th, and he said for the pub? and she said  no for a haircut! was fucking hilarious. One of them said to me, I really don't get why you don't like him?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

For Brexiteers he got Brexit done and thats all they care about. For the rest he has managed to create this weird loveable rogue type of charm. It's like how Dot Cotton always forgave Nick Cotton even though she knew he was a badden. I was looking through some of the comments on LBC earlier and one woman was saying 'leave him alone, we've all needed to take a loan out at some point in our lives' and that sums it up to me. She genuinely thinks he has just got himself in to a bit of a mess financially and just needed a bit of cash to tide him over otherwise the poor sod might have to pawn the ceremonial mace at Cash Converters. 

Some of my mates, even the more left leaning ones thought the clip that was buzzing around on social media where that Sky Journalist asked him if he was booked in for the 12th, and he said for the pub? and she said  no for a haircut! was fucking hilarious. One of them said to me, I really don't get why you don't like him?

EastEnders by Jamie | 2021 - present - Page 2 - Walford Web

I keep hearing this message that nobody cares about this outside the ‘Westminster Bubble’.

Although I can kind of understand the flat decorations stuff. If what is alleged to have happened is true, then we should care but I see for myself how many can’t be arsed to get their heads around it. 

The ‘let the bodies pile up...’ words is a totally different matter. It suggests someone who is totally detached from the individual stories of suffering and grief, every one of our Covid deaths have created.

It’s a mindset that screams that, to him, if 120k deaths becomes 250k then he can live with that if it means protecting the economy. Now of course economic distress has its victims as well, but the alleged language used dismisses the fact that every avoidable death, due to lockdown delay, is someone’s mother, father, brother, sister etc.

If he said this, or words close to it, and it’s proven then it would be a sad indictment on the values of this country if he was allowed to stay in his job.