You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Last year's final was definitely an anomaly. Normally, when you get one of the smaller clubs going on a cup run and reaching the final, their league form tends to suffer dramatically in the weeks before the final. In the final itself, they'll do a lot better but ultimately come up short. Last year, Wigan's form got worse in the league, culminating in relegation, but they somehow managed to win the FA Cup. It's not just smaller clubs that are affected. Kenny's Liverpool of 2012 went on a cup run amid similar poor league form, and fell short in the final partly due to that lack of form and momentum.

Arsenal farted but delivered a faint whiff this time.

Di Natale just hit a quickfire brace for Udinese. 17 for the season. At the age of 36.

Proper.

Antonio Di Natale, ladies and gentlemen:

Age 30 - 18 goals

Age 31 - 16 goals

Age 32 - 29 goals

Age 33 - 28 goals

Age 34 - 29 goals

Age 35 - 26 goals

Age 36 - 17 goals

Worraplayer.

I know that Spanish games don't have away followings like here but Barcelona gave Atletico 447 tickets for today. . . That is scandalous in a 98,000 stadium and for a title decider. I don't know but can't imagine that is the norm.

I know that Spanish games don't have away followings like here but Barcelona gave Atletico 447 tickets for today. . . That is scandalous in a 98,000 stadium and for a title decider. I don't know but can't imagine that is the norm.

I don't know how the away fans allocation works in Spain but that cannot be right.

In 20 years time at least 50,000 Atletico fans will have claimed to have been one of 447.

Made up they won. Hope they smash Real 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Is that true? That's a fucking disgrace if so, the league authorities over there must be a complete joke to ever allow something like that to happen.

• Upvote 1

In 20 years time at least 50,000 Atletico fans will have claimed to have been one of 447.

Haha, yeah, at least those who got in will kind of go down in folklore. Most of them probably won't be believed when they say they were there unless they show their ticket!

Apparently it's still possible that Turan could make the final as well (bruised pelvis.) hope he does.

Is Costa out of the final?

I have no idea if he will miss out. The thing for me is how much a part he has played this season in being involved in almost everything.

Our revival has been outstanding yet throughout the season as we were getting closer I was looking around for other examples of other sides stepping up to break through against the money bitches.

Atletico have been an inspiration and Costa being the main man for them is enough for me to hope he scores the winner for the best team in the world on 13 July.

• Downvote 1