You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

Hes given us our pride back, for too many years all we had to shout about was the odd good result that didn't change the fact we were having a shit season, now we play football as good as anyone in the prem and we reguarly twat teams.

Keane said when talking about Ferguson that a big strength he had was that players didn't want to let him down, I feel Rodgers has this and get the impression players like studge,Suarez,sterling and others would run through a brick wall for him.

He always sticks with the players even on bad days and they all clearly believe in his ideas, no manager is perfect but Rodgers is ticking 99% of the boxes for me, delighted with him and I wouldn't swap him for any manager.

• Upvote 2

Trucker Paddy's in there. That's a fact. As is Code. And Dicko.

Trucker Paddy should definitely be in an articulated envelope for his refusal to accept his massive wrongness about Coutinho being shite, no appearance to admit said wrongness in Arsenal post match thread and for various other crimes against BR and Allen. Scott the Canuck should have an envelope too, although I see he has thawed somewhat these days.

• Upvote 2

guardian

Brendan Rodgers has yet to hear whether Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, want to extend his Anfield reign into a fourth season having entered the final 18 months of his contract.

The Liverpool manager signed a three-year deal with the option of a fourth when he joined the club from Swansea City in 2012, albeit with the option belonging to FSG. Rodgers' Anfield overhaul was illustrated emphatically on Saturday when Liverpool enhanced their Champions League qualification prospects with a 5-1 destruction of Arsenal and FSG are expected to offer a contract extension this summer.But there have been no discussions so far as Rodgers concentrates on returning Liverpool to the European elite for the first time since 2009–10.

Asked if there had been any developments on his contract, the Liverpool manager said on Monday: "Nothing whatsoever. I have, after this year, one more year to go. I have always said I am very happy here and we're just over halfway through that contract and it is not something that comes into my thinking. If I was to never get offered one, I would give my life to the last day of that contract. In the meantime, until anyone says otherwise or wants to reward the staff or myself for our work, then we keep working as normal and see where it takes us." Rodgers does not anticipate talks soon and confirmed he is unable to trigger the option of a fourth year as manager. "The option is for the club for the fourth year, but in all fairness there is a point next year where the club has to let me know whether they want to keep me on or not," he added.

"I have regular contact with the owners and it is never mentioned. I talk more about players. My ambition is more for the club so I want the players tied up so we can keep the best players and get players in. The club knows my feelings in that I love it here and hopefully – if I can progress and be good and everyone is happy – stay here. If it's not to be for the owners and they want a different direction at the end of it, I will have done my best."

Jordan Henderson is one of the players Liverpool will look to reward with a new contract when his current deal reaches its final two years in the summer, Rodgers confirmed. "He will certainly be one," the manager said. "The way he is working we would want to secure his services. He still has his best years ahead of him and you can see his growth and development. He will want to get better and I'm sure it is in the interests of the club to tie him down."

The Liverpool manager also claimed Henderson, who will play with a cast on a wrist he fractured against Arsenal, should be part of Roy Hodgson's first-choice midfield for England at this summer's World Cup. "For me you had England's midfield three on the pitch on Saturday with Jordan, Stevie controlling and Jack Wilshere," Rodgers explained. "Stevie playmaking from behind and two attacking players who can run, get forward, get into the box and can press. Wilshere is a wonderful player. He is probably not to his fitness level yet but he is a big talent who can play either side and between lines. Jordan, tactically, is improving so much, and Stevie is in the zone just behind. It would be hard to pick a better three than that."

I say lavish him with exotic gifts, while having virgins (trannies if he so desires) feed him grapes as he quaffs the world's finest wines, all the while sitting on a luxurious gold throne having his picture painted.

golden_throne_prop.jpg

Or alternatively we could get Ayre to play hard ball with him for a new contract next year (err yeah I think we all know how that one ends up).

I've just checked my old posts and there is not one single post having a go. Every one is defending him and saying he needs at least two years.

Do I get a prize?

It's good to hear your voice Johnny, it's been a long time. Look John, you've done some damage here, they don't want anymore trouble. That's why I've come. I want to come in there and fly you the hell out. Just you and me. We'll work this thing out together. Is that fair enough?

220px-Richard_Crenna.jpg

It's good to hear your voice Johnny, it's been a long time. Look John, you've done some damage here, they don't want anymore trouble. That's why I've come. I want to come in there and fly you the hell out. Just you and me. We'll work this thing out together. Is that fair enough?[/size]

220px-Richard_Crenna.jpg[/size]

The bastards were trying to trick him! Oh, and wrong Rambo.

Raaaaaaaammmmmmmmboooooooo!

Rambo...Rambo...Rambo Rambo Rambo

Upon reading that, it's pretty clear why it's such a pile of fucking bottom feeding shite (I know it's a Mail article mate, not your fault).

Mr Rodgers has also moved out of the house he shared with wife Susan, according to The S*n and bought a luxury flat in an upmarket suburb of the city for £1.2million.

Haven't they rehashed an article from months ago? Mail Online isn't even a paper, I think they look at what's trending online (and Rodgers is right now) and steal as many articles as possible to get hits to generate revenue for their utter fucking rag.