You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yann M'Vila

Red Banjo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for clarification, this was the reported tweet before he deleted it.

J.Shelvey.. þ @Jshelvey33 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Pick myself up and go again .. And again .. And again .. And again .. And again .. And again .. And again .. And again .. And again .

I saw that, and my take on it was (which Shelvey says himself in later tweets) that it is what he needs to do to get into the first team, basically to keep working hard every day, and not moaning about not getting into the 1st team.

Seems to be some of the younger lads are getting frustrated and you can't blame them.

It's a good sign in many ways IMO,you want players that want games and to prove themselves over those that ate happy to be part of the squad.The Europa league will be important in getting the lads games next season if we use it as we should.

I saw that, and my take on it was (which Shelvey says himself in later tweets) that it is what he needs to do to get into the first team, basically to keep working hard every day, and not moaning about not getting into the 1st team.

How shit must he be in training if he can't get a game ahead of Jordan Henderson?

• 9 months later...

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Rodgers blinnkered view as to what we need and the players available.

IMO he should've stuck to his guns and refused the job when it was initially offered as he's not ready.

If M'Vila goes to QPR that will confirm his mercenary status and also confirm that Rodgers is not the only blind manager in the PL to overseas talent.

I like Brendan, but he strikes me as somebody intent on making comfort signings like Allen, over signing probable gobshites like this MVilla chap. By this I mean, a guy like Allen, who is a decent player yes, but will never be more than a 7/10 player. To be fair, Sturridge was a good signing, but you would want to be a total gobshite to not sign a player like him at that price.

If M'Vila goes to QPR that will confirm his mercenary status

Or maybe he's putting himself in the PL shop window for the summer?

Hardly call him a mercenary on that basis.

We should be in for him but it's obvious BR is sticking to his guns on what players he wants in the side.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
By this I mean, a guy like Allen, who is a decent player yes, but will never be more than a 7/10 player.

That's it, I'm going on a rampage and it won't be Raoul Moatly funny for you bastards.

Or maybe he's putting himself in the PL shop window for the summer?

Hardly call him a mercenary on that basis.

We should be in for him but it's obvious BR is sticking to his guns on what players he wants in the side.

Maybe I was being a bit harsh on the lad but he really shouldn't be contemplating a club like QPR. Its not the fact that they are struggling big time its thats its full of past their prime mercenaries that will fill his head with the kind of shit that could turn him into a 24-25 yr old version of themselves. His agent should know better than that. Maybe he feels he won't get a game at a top 4 club, fair enough, then pick a middle club, Norwich, Swansea and (lets face facts here), us and Everton would be better candidates.

If Eveton flog Fellani, they'll snap this lad up before the ink on the cheque is dry.

From the little I have seen of him, I really like M'Vila, and thought that we should have gone for him last Jan. Since then it seems he is a little bit of a nutcase, but for the price that is booted, it could be a gamble worth taking, A year and half ago he was being touted as a £20m+ player.

There was someone on RAWK who mentioned in the summer that he knows one of the match analysts at the club, and he was aksed to put a video compilation together of both Allen and M'Vila. He was just junior level, so it was simply putting the videos together and not involved in any decision making. Seemed genuine enough, so perhaps we have looked at him aand decided he wasn't for us, for whatever reason.

Just a thought but maybe a few bigger clubs have looked at him & decided, for whatever reason, not to touch him with a bargepole. Even at that price.The lack of interest from bigger clubs speaks volumes to me.

If we were publicly courting a player & it was between us & QPR, it would piss many off on here, the fact that we'd be competing with them for a player that seemingly no one else wanted.Now Rodgers is even gettin stick for not being after a player that looks to be on his way there. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Nobody fucking wants him. Doesn't that tell you guys anything?

Yeah but we've signed the likes of degen paid 20 million for Stewart DOWNING, we literally have the stupidest fucks in world football identifying and buying players for us. There has to be a constant somewhere at the club someone whose been here and had part in all these horrible horrible signings, this constant needs to disappear. My money is on Ayres. Go away.