You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

so you think someone would be happier to receive a call up for Botswana than sign for Barcelona?!mind, you were saying we ought to be celebrating being in the Europa Shit the other day

Firstly, you said that, not me. If I was born in Botswana, representing my country would be the highest representative honour I could achieve.

Playing for Barcelona would be the second highest club achievement (behind playing for us:P).

Winning Euro status again, having had no European football this season, is indeed a step forwards.

We are in no position to be derogatory about a competition which we had previously not even qualified for.

George Carlin - Patriotism

I saw a slogan on a guys car that said "Proud to be an American" and I thought "What the fuck does that mean?"

I'm fully Irish, and when I was a kid I would go to the St Patrick's Day parade and they sold a button that said "Proud to be Irish", but I knew that on Columbus day they sold the same button only it said "Proud to be Italian", then came Black Pride, and Puerto Rican Pride. And I could never understand national or ethnic pride, because to me Pride should be reserved for something you achieve on your own.

Being Irish isn't a skill, it's a fucking genetic accident.

You wouldn't be proud to be 5'11". You wouldn't be proud to have a pre-disposition for colon cancer.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Being proud to represent your country of birth transcends political allegiances.

From Pepe and Dirk, back to St John and Tommy Smith through Jan, Masch, Ray and countless others inbetweeen, representing your country has always been somethig to aspire to and cherish.

Kenny a Tory? I don't think so.......................

Kenny is Scottish and I'd be proud to be a Scot. The English a fucking disgusting and it's easy to see why everyone hates them.

You are defo a Tory.

Very Harsh. Hoping to see him break his leg so you can take pleasure from it is a bit sick IMO. Especially when he's done nothing more than being chosen for England captain by Pearce and being highly rated by the English media.

It's not something I'm actively wishing for. It would just be funny, given his style of play. Big bwave prahhhd Scott, the most slyly dirty player since Paul Scholes. It's not as though I'm praying he suffers serious health problems.

I find the abuse of Parker a bit smalltime to be honest, he is an honest professional and a great footballer, but he is not the one giving himself the armband.

No he is not. He is good and will never be great. For greatness in CM look to the likes of Souness. Other than that I agree.

Guest ShoePiss
I find the abuse of Parker a bit smalltime to be honest, he is an honest professional and a great footballer, but he is not the one giving himself the armband.

True, I wouldn't wish injury on virtually any player. Parker is an annoying cunt though.

Firstly, you said that, not me. If I was born in Botswana, representing my country would be the highest representative honour I could achieve.

Playing for Barcelona would be the second highest club achievement (behind playing for us:P).

Winning Euro status again, having had no European football this season, is indeed a step forwards.

We are in no position to be derogatory about a competition which we had previously not even qualified for.

Would you prefer your country to win the World Cup or Liverpool to win the title?

Guest ShoePiss
Parker's acting is disgraceful as well - he goes around kicking everyone in sight but as soon as he gets caught he rolls around for minutes and turns on the tears. He's a cynical, genuinely nasty little twit.

Everything he does is fucking annoying, every movement is like he's on stage.

Cunt of a player.

Parker's acting is disgraceful as well - he goes around kicking everyone in sight but as soon as he gets caught he rolls around for minutes and turns on the tears. He's a cynical, genuinely nasty little twit.

Surely an 'honest professional'.....