You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

What kind of business plan, puts in a decent amount of cash one year, then strips the playing staff the following? We had deadwood to rid ourselves of, but we needed more new players. Not happened.

They are remaining quiet and not making any promises. They've already admitted they learned that from the previous cunts. How long do people think it will take for this new set of absentee owners to start feeling the pressure?

Sky just showed Ayre driving off, Melwood looks like its pretty much closed.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt because I genuinely thought the club wouldn't be as negligent as to leave the window with only 2 strikers , neither a regular goal scorer. But if it is the case come 11o clock then it's fucking disastrous and an absolute disgrace. Very concerning that even with today's outgoings we still haven't been able to stump up 7million quid for a player the manager clearly wants. Rodgers said he'd be a fool to let Carroll go without a replacement coming in and it seems the club may have made him look a cunt.

Fulham think they have leverage because we are light on strikers. Ayre is trying to shift the leverage in his favour by walking out of Melwood. This is when, with his hand on the metaphorical doorknob, Fulham sighs and says, WAIT. Okay, Fuck It. Have him for 3 million.

Either that or we're fucked and Ayre is a fucking lunatic and Rodgers is lying and John Henry can blast himself up his own asshole with a dildo.

I'll wait another 2 hours to pass judgement.

BBC claiming Liverpool and Fulham still ironing out the Dempsey (potential) deal...

They also claim they (Fulham) are looking for something closer to their 7M valuation - which suggests Liverpool's bid fell short

*confused*

Don't be confused. We're always trying to save a couple of hundred grand here and there. The reason we leave it so late in the transfer window is so we don't have to pay player wages through July and August.

Yes, it is a false economy, the clowns that run us don't seem to have realised that each place in the league is worth 750 grand.

No CL football... mediocrity guaranteed for the club in the future.

Will probably put in a cheeky loan bid for Djibril Cisse and give them Joe Cole, Henderson, Suso as part of the deal (owners would be happy anyways, less wages, striker in, talented youngster leaving to sweeten the deal would be something we'd do)

Sky just showed Ayre driving off, Melwood looks like its pretty much closed.

I was giving them the benefit of the doubt because I genuinely thought the club wouldn't be as negligent as to leave the window with only 2 strikers , neither a regular goal scorer. But if it is the case come 11o clock then it's fucking disastrous and an absolute disgrace. Very concerning that even with today's outgoings we still haven't been able to stump up 7million quid for a player the manager clearly wants. Rodgers said he'd be a fool to let Carroll go without a replacement coming in and it seems the club may have made him look a cunt.

This is where I am at! If we don't get the striker in today then I am absolutely convinced we do not know what we are doing and the owners and MD will need to take a long hard look at themselves. Where the hell is all this commercial revenue? Maybe they are paying the syndicate back for the purchase of the club?

I was talking about realistic buys!

These lads are after Champions League clubs (in my opinion).

When FSG took over, they DID take a punt, it didn't work out. Now as you rightly assert, they are having to work within constraints, not least a result of Kenny's reign. But if they aren't prepared to take another 'speculate to accumulate' punt at some point in the future that must be because the money just isn't there. or they remain wary of Rodgers ability, or they've now changed their philosophy and won't countenance the notion.

Berbatov? Bent?

I challenge your claim that when FSG took over they took a punt. Very rich men invested, on average, £11m each. Loose change to them.

The subsequent net spend does not appear to have been financed by FSG, but by the Club. A provision of £50m exists/ed for a stadium that has never been accounted for. There is no evidence that FSG have divyed up a dime beyond the purchase.

There has been no change, it's about windfall growth and good management for them.

I'd be very surprised if the owners didnt sanction at least one deal. As successful businessmen they know they can't afford the bad PR that would come with leaving fans disgruntled. They'll keep us just quiet enough with a deal for Dempsey and that will be all. If they don't even do that, well, they're about to fuck up big time.

Absolute joke if we're not bringing anyone else in. We can all look forward to another season of watching the comedy show that is our players trying to put the ball in the back of the net and it wouldn't surprise me if we finished even lower than last season. I thought we needed another striker even with Carroll at the club. To send him on loan and not bring in at least 1 striker is moronic beyond belief. The owners have just made it clear that all they're interested in is getting the wage bill down.

No CL football... mediocrity guaranteed for the club in the future.

Will probably put in a cheeky loan bid for Djibril Cisse and give them Joe Cole, Henderson, Suso as part of the deal (owners would be happy anyways, less wages, striker in, talented youngster leaving to sweeten the deal would be something we'd do)

I thought you were gonna tell us who you were signing with?

Whatever happens we have made ourselves look like a laughing stock in this transfer window. It has been very poor. Ayre and the owners have to take the bulk of the responsibility. I might be wrong but it feels like even the blueshite have had a higher net spend than us.

Fuck the fucking owners. Even if we do sign Dempsey now its a fucking joke.

Hes a shit player but we cant even seem to afford him. Aston Villa have a bid of £5m + £2m in add ons, and we have lower bids rejected? They must have been fucking paltry amounts. I remember when we bid £12 fucking million for Luis Suarez.

These guys are a fucking joke. Randy Lerner fucks. Im sick of them. I have no antipathy for Brendan and I hope he does well. I believe he can. But his appointment was a joke too.

How much more good will do they deserve? Two years since the takeover and we have no news on the stadium, and have witnessed shit decision after shit decision after shit decision. I sat there and read Kenny tell us the club was in good hands and to trust the owners the day he left.

I wonder if he is so sure now.

I cannot fucking believe we have let Carroll go without even an average replacement coming in , just get fucking Yakubu in or Rickie Lambert , any cunt that knows where the net is will have to do now.

How the fuck we are going to manage with just Suarez and Borini , were just not , if Suarez gets injured we are fucked big time.

Looks like Morgan will be getting a lot of games this season , un fucking real how fucking inept we are , a group of mentally retarded spastics could run this club better.