You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish: Stewart Downing is better than I thought

Guest LFD

He is shite, in fact he is fuckin dogshite,

Biggest waste of money ever, even Carroll looks like a decent buy compared to Downing and he is totally useless as well, but at least he scored the winner in the semi final.

Downing does fuck all game in, game out and no he has not been good in any matches, thats just wishful thinking getting the better of people.

On 26 February we won the League Cup on a penalty shoot-out. Downing scored his penalty in the shoot-out and won the Alan Hardaker Trophy as Man of the Match.

On 18 March he scored the winner in a 2-1 victory over Stoke City in the FA Cup quarter-final, securing a second Wembley visit for Liverpool in the semi-finals.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26 February we won the League Cup on a penalty shoot-out. Downing scored his penalty in the shoot-out and won the Alan Hardaker Trophy as Man of the Match.

On 18 March he scored the winner in a 2-1 victory over Stoke City in the FA Cup quarter-final, securing a second Wembley visit for Liverpool in the semi-finals.

Those really are the only two things he has done all season though. Really. 1 goal and a pelanty in a shoot out.

Downing was shite in the final, I thought it was some kind of sick joke when they announced him as MOTM.

It's nice that you're trying, and just for a second I wanted to dream, I really did, and you almost had me. Yes KopOut he may have scored for us before, and he may even score a goal in the Cup Final but truth is he is shite. He's the scud missile of shite. The Sinclair C5 of shiteness. He plays like he wears ice skates. He should be an ice skater. He really should be sold because he represents shiteness in its purest form.

Stewart Downing is fucking shit, I can't even believe it's being debated. It's been there for all to see, for the last decade. Bar a good patch here or there he was shit at Middlesbrough, he was shit at Villa and guess what? He is shit at us.

In many respects the worst of all the summer signings in that we were supposedly paying for proven talent.

What is sickening about modern football is not the fact the likes of Aguero or Messi or Gerrard earn £150,000 p/w because these all have an exceptional talent. It's the fact that the likes Stewart Downing earn £50k pw for being so fucking shit.

I know loads of Stewart Downings, most of them now work on the taxi's, as joiners and sparks.

'Moneyball' got the better of people with this one, and they missed the most important stat of all

HE'S FUCKING CRAP

Guest Numero Veinticinco
There is nothing like support from our supporters.

Best fans in the world.

You support Downing, we'll support the club.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Come on, you're insulting fans just because they're pissed off that our £20m winger is performing like a £2 winger. It doesn't take an oracle to know that's madness. People are sick that we've spent so much money in order to have a horrendous league season. It's not just about yesterday - savage though it was - it's about the way the club is going. It's hurts. I don't agree that ignoring Downing and patting him on the back with a 'good try, we all believe in you' is 'supporting' the club.

Come on, you're insulting fans just because they're pissed off that our £20m winger is performing like a £2 winger. It doesn't take an oracle to know that's madness. People are sick that we've spent so much money in order to have a horrendous league season. It's not just about yesterday - savage though it was - it's about the way the club is going. It's hurts. I don't agree that ignoring Downing and patting him on the back with a 'good try, we all believe in you' is 'supporting' the club.

In fairness, hes not insulting you or anyone else.

I agree with what you're saying though.

Theres been a lot of excuses rolled out over the past while, some which are blatantly obviously true, i.e. missing Lucas/Suarez

and some that are not and are just fucking infuriating.

The blaming the fans/support one really does my fucking nut in.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
In fairness, hes not insulting you or anyone else.

I think suggesting people aren't supporting the club and mocking the 'best fans in the world' is pretty insulting.

I agree with what you're saying though.

Theres been a lot of excuses rolled out over the past while, some which are blatantly obviously true, i.e. missing Lucas/Suarez

and some that are not and are just fucking infuriating.

The blaming the fans/support one really does my fucking nut in.

Agreed. The first step to recovery is admitting we have a problem!

It was more in response to the current mood of supporters. You only have to check across the threads on the forum. It's fucking grim.

While supporters sticking the boot in isn't going improve things, the usual posters criticism of the same issues, over and over is becoming fucking tedious. Especially with a cup final a few days away.

The same people will be dancing around their living rooms in their piss stained undies, if we win on Saturday.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It was more in response to the current mood of supporters. You only have to check across the threads on the forum. It's fucking grim.

While supporters sticking the boot in isn't going improve things, the usual posters criticism of the same issues, over and over is becoming fucking tedious. Especially with a cup final a few days away.

The same people will be dancing around their living rooms in their piss stained undies, if we win on Saturday.

I know I will. It won't hide the problems in the squad and with the team, though. I agree, it's grim. It's grim for a reason, though.

I think ultimately, everybody wants the same thing. We just want to see improvements. Mainly in the league.

You have a point in what you're saying, supporters being overly negative won't help. But I don't think its the be and end all. I think ultimately we just don't have a good enough crop of players, especially the new lads that have come in. And thats going to ultimately not work in the long run no matter how positive everyone is.

I think unless we acknowledge we have problems and be vocal about them, that includes everybody involved in Liverpool FC from fans to coaches to manager to John Henry and Co....

well unless we do, things won't get sorted. And we'll continue sinking deeper and deeper in league terms.

I think thats what we're seeing right now cause I feel it myself, a sense of panic that unless some drastic improvements occur over the summer leading into the new season, we'll be firmly entrenched in the realms of midtable mediocrity for years to come.

Edited by ngogswilly

You gotta experience the lows to be able to recognise the highs.

Though, I do agree, the same people posting the same crap over and over in multiple threads is tiresome. Though NV isn't one of them. He's constructive in general.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm pretty sure those reasons will be addressed when the season ends.

I really hope so. If we get it wrong this summer...

Pft.

Zero goals and zero assists in the league from an attacking winger which sole purpose is to score and create goal.

Zero goals and zero assists.

It would be piss poor even if Downing paid us £20M to get the opportunity to play with us.

When you know we have paid £20M for him and on top of that actually pay him a salary every week a normal employee dont even earn in a year maybe not even two its actually a bit disgusting to think about.