You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dunkan Jenkins on Twitter

Redder Lurtz

Five posts, three of them on NFL and two on this thread. You're fooling no-one.

Can you explain this comment?

Do you think I joined the forum in August, then joined the NFL fantasy league as some sort of cover just so I can post my perceived pre-planned agenda on this thread without 'fooling' anybody? You sound fuckin paranoid to be honest!

In all fairness, they're both fucking dickheads. Both of them have created a situation that shouldn't of been created. One of them works for the club, he should be sacked if it's proven. The other is just an attention seeking tit.

Well played both of you.

That bit in bold basically sums up this whole situation.

Can you explain this comment?

Do you think I joined the forum in August, then joined the NFL fantasy league as some sort of cover just so I can post my perceived pre-planned agenda on this thread without 'fooling' anybody? You sound fuckin paranoid to be honest!

You obviously aren't here to talk about the football but you're American and very exercised about defending Chang. You tell me.

Also, as Code points out, the timing of your arrival is actually serendipitous.

If you're not what you appear to be then I'm sure you'll have many happy years here discussing other topics.

You obviously aren't here to talk about the football but you're American and very exercised about defending Chang. You tell me.

Also, as Code points out, the timing of your arrival is actually serendipitous.

If you're not what you appear to be then I'm sure you'll have many happy years here discussing other topics.

Hahahahaha, as I said earlier, you are paranoid mate!

The first I heard about this whole affair was last week, but if you want to believe that I have 'planted' myself on this forum just to push an agenda 2 months later then carry on mate.

There are other people defending Chang, or criticising DJ over this. Are they all American too and all here for the sole purpose of defending FSG?

For what it's worth, Chang could have dealt with this better, but the underlying issue here is that a supposed Liverpool fan has willingly and wilfully provided the club with another 'scandal'...why did he not just tweet what he promised?

By the way, I was born here and have lived here most of my life and am currently typing this from my flat on Everton Road, that's Everton Road in Liverpool, not Everton Road in Massachusetts!! I expect you to challenge this with something like, 'anyone can say that' or something just as paranoid. But trust me, your paranoia is laughable and your comments are typical of the fans that we have who think that everyone should think the same way about the owners and those who don't are somehow enemies of the club! It's pretty embarrassing to read sometimes!

For what it's worth, Chang could have dealt with this better, but the underlying issue here is that a supposed Liverpool fan has willingly and wilfully provided the club with another 'scandal'...why did he not just tweet what he promised?

How would you react to someone threatening you and your family? I love the club, but I also have my priorities right, and I'd find the sharpest stick I could find and push it where the sun doesn't shine, and let the club worry about the consequences of their actions. In effect, this is what Jenkins has done to Chang.

If it also has the effect of exposing someone who doesn't deserve and is incompetent at his job, before he manages to do some real damage, then so much the better. Exposing Chang for what he is won't damage the club; it's actually healthy once all this is just chip papers. Perhaps they will even appoint someone in his place with the experience and contacts to do the job well instead of hamfistedly.

Anyway if you don't want to be seen as someone with just a single interest of defending an obscure appointment, try commenting on the footie as well. If this is all you want to talk about then people will draw their own conclusions, no matter how much you protest.

Has anyone come up with a reason yet whu DJ tweeting that he didn't have a mole does Chang any good at all? Especially given that even if he did saying this was his easy way out so it's not like any proof to Chang's bosses that there wasn't a mole.

I'm surprised people are still asking "Why wouldn't he just do what the club asked?" as if the idea that someone threatening your family and friendships isn't something that would get your back up and make you do the precise opposite.

Well all this shite started in August so Id say its as likely as anything else.

More paranoia!

Seeing as we are getting into conspiracy theories here, I think a more curious issue in the whole DJ thing is the fact that the supposed lifelong Liverpool fan became popular with the help of people from MUTV and United's website and has subsequently caused a shitstorm for Liverpool!

Another curiosity is the fact that he knew all he had to do to prevent the scandal was to tweet a simple response saying he had no inside information from a source at the club (the truth), yet failed to do so. Even though he fully admits that he was scared of the consequences that could follow by not doing this, he decided to jeopardise himself, his family and risked being banned for life from Anfield. His reason for this was that Chang can stick his 'gangster deadline' up his arse! So we have a guy who is willing to put his family at risk because he refuses to admit the truth on twitter, that sounds odd to me!

Another curiorisity is the fact that he cannot answer his phone to resolve the matter, again he had a chance to sort it out yet refused to do so. Instead he chose to do nothing publicly until now, and thus create a scandal for the club that is still suffering with its image due to the shit that happened last year, a club that he supposedly loves! That is also odd to me.

I have no real idea what actually happened or whether DJ is being 100% genuine with his story. All I do know is that he had numerous chances to stop this going as far as it did, but he didn't! And because of this we now have this situation!

More paranoia!

Seeing as we are getting into conspiracy theories here, I think a more curious issue in the whole DJ thing is the fact that the supposed lifelong Liverpool fan became popular with the help of people from MUTV and United's website and has subsequently caused a shitstorm for Liverpool!

Another curiosity is the fact that he knew all he had to do to prevent the scandal was to tweet a simple response saying he had no inside information from a source at the club (the truth), yet failed to do so. Even though he fully admits that he was scared of the consequences that could follow by not doing this, he decided to jeopardise himself, his family and risked being banned for life from Anfield. His reason for this was that Chang can stick his 'gangster deadline' up his arse! So we have a guy who is willing to put his family at risk because he refuses to admit the truth on twitter, that sounds odd to me!

Another curiorisity is the fact that he cannot answer his phone to resolve the matter, again he had a chance to sort it out yet refused to do so. Instead he chose to do nothing publicly until now, and thus create a scandal for the club that is still suffering with its image due to the shit that happened last year, a club that he supposedly loves! That is also odd to me.

I have no real idea what actually happened or whether DJ is being 100% genuine with his story. All I do know is that he had numerous chances to stop this going as far as it did, but he didn't! And because of this we now have this situation!

Some people don't react well to having their friends and family threatened when they don't think they've done anything wrong.

Hardly surprising.

Edited by Stu Monty

You don't turn into a cowering heap of shit if some no-mark starts threatening you and your family. I would imagine it has the opposite effect.

I have seen for myself that belting the shite out of said no-marks has a drastic effect on their attitude, as well as their face.......

How would you react to someone threatening you and your family? I love the club, but I also have my priorities right, and I'd find the sharpest stick I could find and push it where the sun doesn't shine, and let the club worry about the consequences of their actions. In effect, this is what Jenkins has done to Chang.

If it also has the effect of exposing someone who doesn't deserve and is incompetent at his job, before he manages to do some real damage, then so much the better. Exposing Chang for what he is won't damage the club; it's actually healthy once all this is just chip papers. Perhaps they will even appoint someone in his place with the experience and contacts to do the job well instead of hamfistedly.

Anyway if you don't want to be seen as someone with just a single interest of defending an obscure appointment, try commenting on the footie as well. If this is all you want to talk about then people will draw their own conclusions, no matter how much you protest.

I would probably react the way DJ promised! That is I would tweet the simple response that I didn't have a source at the club. I would value my ticket and my dad's business more than valuing my own ego over a parody account on twitter.

I am not sure what else Chang could have done in this case, I imagine he didn't believe that DJ did not have a source and by getting him to at least 'come clean' on twitter would stop people from thinking that he did and thus creating twitter frenzy over potential targets. I am not sure that the effects Chang talks about, i.e. Roma and Borini's fee were genuine, but obviously there is/was a problem at the club with regards to leaks, and he suspected DJ was a part of it, so what else could he do but to put some pressure on him?

Exposing Chang for what he is does actually damage the club, you only have to read what people are saying about to understand this. Yes it will blow over, but at the moment by association it is Liverpool FC who are at the centre of the scandal!

Anyway, maybe I will talk about the footie as well at some point, before that you can draw as many conclusions as you want. However, you look foolish when you call someone an American based on those conclusions...it just goes to show that not everything is as it seems, maybe that is the case with DJ too?

Some people don't react well to having their friends and family threatened when they don't think they've done anything wrong.

Hardly surprising.

That is true with regards to the reaction of some people. However, he was doing something wrong wasn't he.

By his own admission he was lying about the fact that he had a source a the club. This clearly caused a problem and one that he was fully aware of after his meeting with Chang! So why not just admit the truth and spare any unnecessary problems?

It seems to me that his fictional character was more important to him than LFC and his family. I can understand people having a go at Chang for his behaviour but I don't understand why DJ is somehow innocent in all of this! He knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences of his actions, yet he chose to risk his family and create a scandal for the club, a scandal that would not now be in the national press if he had just simply told the truth and not backed out of a promise.

That is true with regards to the reaction of some people. However, he was doing something wrong wasn't he.

It was a parody twitter account, and it seems everyone was aware of this except Chang. If the club thought he had a "mole", they would have been better off investigating that angle rather than grubbing up muck on Jenkins and threatening him. No, I don't think he was doing anything wrong. No more than you or I are by commenting on the club under assumed names on the internet.

By the way, the more strident you are on this, the less believable it gets that you are simply a disinterested party.

I think most normal, non-cowardly people would react in a similar fashion. And it's important to remember this was just a parody twitter account. At no point did this fella mean the club any harm, but he's been pushed into this by the actions of a club employee against a fan.

Everyone has different priorities, mine would be to protect my family and my chance of watching my club, his seems to be protecting his fictitious twitter parody character.

I suppose he did not initially mean the club any harm, but once he found out that he was actually (to what extent I am not sure) causing problems then it becomes difficult for me to accept his subsequent actions. He was not pushed into this by Chang, he willingly refused to stick to his word and provide a compromise. He and Chang have both dealt with this badly, but it was DJ who decided to make it public knowledge and create the scandal.

I am not sure what else Chang could have done in this case, I imagine he didn't believe that DJ did not have a source and by getting him to at least 'come clean' on twitter would stop people from thinking that he did and thus creating twitter frenzy over potential targets. I am not sure that the effects Chang talks about, i.e. Roma and Borini's fee were genuine, but obviously there is/was a problem at the club with regards to leaks, and he suspected DJ was a part of it, so what else could he do but to put some pressure on him?
BB, I think some of the negativity your getting is, you come across as someone who's not as new to the forum as you join date suggests. Nor do I think you've just stumbled upon this thread.

As for the bit in bold.

This has got fuck all to do with stuff being leaked out but more to do with the person, or persona doing the leaking. It seems it's OK for the Chang to let things slip to his cronies on TAW but as soon as someone else seems to have gotten the upper hand, suddenly it's not on and must be stopped. Are the club going to threaten every media outlet that reports a bit if insider knowledge ? How often do you read a piece with the line 'a source from within the club' ?

Chang claiming that this DJ cost the club £300k ? No, sorry I'm just not having it. This club has a fucking history for fucking up and paying over the odds on transfer targets without the help of some lunatic on Twatter.

I'm more interested in who the club, or Chang got to do it's dirty work as there's more important issues here. Were the clubs finances used to trace DJ ? If so, and he was threatened then that's a fucking disgrace and heads should roll.

Did chang act on his own without any authorisation form his superiors ? Did he enlist the help of people with something to gain ? Did he use his own money or did he act on his own whilst spending club money on some Salem style witch hunt ?

If this DJ character is guilty of anything, it's going to a meeting with someone like Chang and not being equipped with the means to back up his claims. One of them is telling lies and I know who I believe.

It was a parody twitter account, and it seems everyone was aware of this except Chang. If the club thought he had a "mole", they would have been better off investigating that angle rather than grubbing up muck on Jenkins and threatening him. No, I don't think he was doing anything wrong. No more than you or I are by commenting on the club under assumed names on the internet.

By the way, the more strident you are on this, the less believable it gets that you are simply a disinterested party.

Chang knew it was a parody account. The club were investigating the 'mole'. This is according to DJ.

I think the parody element is irrelevant, it would be a non-issue if his information regarding his 'source' was wrong yet it was consistently correct and this obviously raised suspicion, parody or not it was uncanny the amount of information he was getting right!

Also, can you leave the whole 'conspiracy' regarding my interest. Trust me, I am genuinely interested in this issue, it is okay to have a different opinion on a subject without automatically being a plant, regardless of your post count!

Exposing Chang for what he is does actually damage the club, you only have to read what people are saying about to understand this. Yes it will blow over, but at the moment by association it is Liverpool FC who are at the centre of the scandal!

No, the damaging thing was employing him on the lone recommendation of another of the twatterati in the first place without considering whether he had the contacts or experience to do the job, or looking at how petulantly he responds to those he disagrees with on twitter. It was a gigantic fuckup waiting to happen, and now it has happened.

Hopefully JWH will learn his lesson from this and appoint people qualified to do their jobs quietly and efficiently in the future, and then we can get on with being a successful football club again.

I think the parody element is irrelevant, it would be a non-issue if his information regarding his 'source' was wrong yet it was consistently correct and this obviously raised suspicion, parody or not it was uncanny the amount of information he was getting right!

So it was a very good parody account. Chang went after him in a totally OTT way without any evidence whatsoever of a mole. Anny Road had it right when he said Chang should have got him onside if he wanted his complicity. The way he handled it just reinforces why he should never have been given the job, and why getting him out of it would be the best course in damage limitation for the club.

Everyone has different priorities, mine would be to protect my family and my chance of watching my club, his seems to be protecting his fictitious twitter parody character.

I suppose he did not initially mean the club any harm, but once he found out that he was actually (to what extent I am not sure) causing problems then it becomes difficult for me to accept his subsequent actions. He was not pushed into this by Chang, he willingly refused to stick to his word and provide a compromise. He and Chang have both dealt with this badly, but it was DJ who decided to make it public knowledge and create the scandal.

How is it difficult to accept that someone threatening your friendships, your season ticket, your dad's business and getting the national press to have people hound you in the street would not make you not do what they say.

He was writing a clearly stupid parody account. It's nothing to do with valuing that over his family it's to do with the principle of not letting some twat get his own way by threatening you after you've done nothing wrong. If he didn't have a mole (it seeme he didn't) then clearly is doing nothing wrong.

It's like me saying to you I want you to close your account here or I'll rape your family and then someone saying "Well, he should have just done it, he clearly placed more value on his TLW account than his family". It's a nonsense argument that misses the very important principle of the matter. You say you're going to put my dad out of business for a daft twitter account I am almost certainly going to go the other way.

I'd completely understand if he'd have followed him into the toilets and beat the shit out of him for those threats.