You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish expects to have money to spend

Iceman

Born in Canada, left their at 13 apparently.

with a short contract and the fact he is not english shaves 10-15 off the price. I think he would be a great buy. I think we need to look at this kind of players, like him and Sherdan Shaqiri. They are less hyped than hazard, Goetze etc, and should be obtainable. I think Hoilett would be perfect. Hugely talented, quick, great balance, strong for a small lad, unpredictable, has a decent cross on him, and can play in all 4 attacking positions. AND he counts as a home bread player as well. Sign him up!

Edited by richster

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contract ends in July 2012 and has refused to sign a new one but his end product isn't gr8 tbh.

We need a world class winger who can destroy teams on his own.

Still though, he is still very young and will only get better. I still think his end product tops or at least equals several of the hyped speeders in PL like Lennon and Walcott. Everytim he takes a poor decision I think it is due to decision making and not his lack of ability to actually spot his teammates -which can be removed. I think I can be amazing with the roper coaching.

A world class winger can be difficult to attract. Id be the first to welcome Eden Hazard, but I am afraid it remains a moist moist dream... I do however dont think it is the end of the world as there are some options like the beforementioned Shaqiri. My only cocern is that I am not certain Comolli and Kenny have identfied this as a primary need. This has been evident for years, and should have been adressed a long time ag. Our failure to sort this out during the summer furthers my concern.

I honestly think, considering our injured captain, that we need a centrehalf, sentral/defensive midfielder like Vidal, an attacking midfielder with tecnical abilities and ability to set a high pace and pick out teammates with few touches and a has good shot, and a winger/attacker (Hazard etc). In addition, we ideally should get a strong and fast forward who scores goals and ideally that could handle a wing role (like Loic Remy).

Most importantly is pace in the attack, the DM and a CB. Hopefully we can address this by throwing 50 odd millions on the issue, but as I said: Im not certain DC and KK feels the same.

We definitely need a right winger but I would love too see us sign a quality attacking right back as well. Johnson is o.k but seems to be quite injury prone, and Kelly is a better defender but doesn't seem able to get it to the byline and cross, more often than not he cuts inside and slows the move down.

Sell Johnson and get a right back to the same standard as Enrique, plus a pacey, attacking right winger and we would be so much more dangerous on our right side.

I guess it's all about priority signings right now but it's an area we can surely strengthen.

with a short contract and the fact he is not english shaves 10-15 off the price. I think he would be a great buy. I think we need to look at this kind of players, like him and Sherdan Shaqiri. They are less hyped than hazard, Goetze etc, and should be obtainable. I think Hoilett would be perfect. Hugely talented, quick, great balance, strong for a small lad, unpredictable, has a decent cross on him, and can play in all 4 attacking positions. AND he counts as a home bread player as well. Sign him up!

Isn't that what we have been doing for the last fifteen years to no avail whatsoever princess?

Isn't that what we have been doing for the last fifteen years to no avail whatsoever princess?

If you wanna call me a princess, you need to insert a comma between "whatsoever" and "princess", sweetie..

And yes, this is what we have been doing. But we didnt do this in 2011, spunking 70 on Hendo, Downing and Carroll. As the owners havent contributed with a dime of fresh capital yet I am not so sure this will continue.

As every thread is about top names that, like I argue, we would struggle to attract, I figured I should suggest some other names from a slightly lower level, but with great potential.

People wanna see us sign Goetze, Hazard etc, but in reality we do not know whether, or to what extent the owners will spend. Considering that we are currently not top 4, we need to think outside these usual suspects.

You got that, princess?

So would messi for 27p

haha... Cahill and Hoilett have 6 months left come Jan. Meaning they would move for a fraction of their price unless their respective clubs believe they will be pivotal in their struggle for survival (like Adam and Blackpool Jan 2011).

These clubs should accept a transfer, and the price mentioned at 10 is probably too low, but not as far off as it may appear. I think 15-20 could get both to be honest. At least if the clubs at least consider their financials. Bolton has the fourth highest debt in PL if I am not mistaken.

We need another attacking genius.

No point wasting money on decent squad players.

Basically that sums it up. We need someone who can contribute with goals but also create chances and produce that big of magic which can win games.

Right now we have 2 players who can do that. 1 is reaching the twilight of his career and it wouldn't be fair to rely on the other one all the time to pull us out of a hole.

We need someone else top class to help share the burden.

He's decent but doesn't score or get enough assists to be excellent. He can be suspect defensively too.

Johnson at his best is class going forward and solid defensivley. If he can steer clear of injury he would once again be regarded as the best right back in the league.

Was he ever regarded as the best RB in the league?

Yes, but by the press and in the same way as Lescott was considered the best centre back in the league. I.e he scored some goals so therefore he was superb. Johnson scored a few belters for Portsmouth and so was considered a great defender. The press pick a favourite dependent on goals, regardless of the position they play, and they become the best according to them because of these goals. The fact he was English sealed the deal. If Joe Hart can pop one in from his own box he will automatically become better the Lev Yashin in next weeks Daily Mirror.

But Johnson is good, and I think we should be using Kelly as a centreback sooner rather then later, so maybe we do need a new full back in the future but I don’t think it’s essential now.

Why are people talking about getting another RB, we've got Johnson and Kelly as our first choices they will do.

We don't really need someone to create either, we create plenty. What we need is someone who actually scores. We've got 1 player in the top 15 goalscorers, City have got 3, Mancs 2, Chelsea 2 and Spurs 3.

Pretty clear to me where we are lacking