You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still lost however. The FA won't need this 'evidence' if Suarez has admitted saying 'Negrito' or whatever he's said. The evidence is right their. Suarez has admitted saying it. Now, I believe the FA are completely wrong to charge him as the term was not used in a racist manner and the term itself is not racist. That's just the FA being fools. But I don't understand the argument that there was no other witnesses as Suarez has admitted using the term.

You are right here - he said it - he said he said it - they know he said it, we know he said it.

The decision was a subjective judgment on how it was taken by Evra and was not based on racism - the media and other supporters have called him a racist. We continue to talk about him being racist - Marshall McLuhan is rolling over in his grave.

Pepe Reina shocked by Luis Suarez’s FA racism ban

PEPE REINA has slammed the Football Association’s decision to ban Liverpool FC team-mate Luis Suarez for eight games, accusing the governing body of “crucifying” the LFC striker.

The Liverpool FC goalkeeper, speaking after last night’s 0-0 draw at Wigan, says he is convinced Suarez has been wrongly found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra.

And Reina says the striker has the full support of everyone in the LFC dressing room as he battles to clear his name.

Before last night’s game the squad released a statement voicing their collective “shock” and “anger” at the decision and they wore T-shirts in the warm-up with Suarez’s name and picture on.

“We are fully supportive of Luis – we are all right behind him,” Reina said.

“We made a statement earlier today and said what we believe is the truth. We are all together on this and that statement was the least we could do for him.

“He is not racist. I am 100% sure that Luis is not racist. That’s what he has been accused of and it’s not fair.

“To say he’s guilty and give him eight games, that’s not even close to being fair.

“We have shown our support to Luis as we want him to know and everyone to know that we are right behind our team-mate.

“He deserves it. He’s a very lovely guy. He’s been crucified by some people and that’s not fair.”

Boss Kenny Dalglish opted to start Suarez at the DW Stadium and Reina praised the way the Uruguayan has handled the verdict.

“It’s difficult when you are accused of something like this,” he said. “It’s not nice but the most important thing is he is doing his job for the team.

“He played really well tonight. He has to keep playing and help the team as much as he can.

“We will enjoy him for as long as we can and then we will see what happens.”

The Reds were left to rue a string of missed chances against Wigan, including Charlie Adam’s second half penalty which was saved by Ali Al Habsi.

Reina said: “Once again it was the same story – their keeper was the man of the match.

“He prevented us from taking the three points but we have to take the positives.

“We kept another clean sheet, we defended very well and it’s a point for us.

“We would be more frustrated if we weren’t creating chances. As long as we keep getting them then we will be fine.

“The goals will soon come and other keepers won’t be as good as Al Habsi.”

I agree with everything there – apart from your final conclusion.

The Clubs are informed of the verdicts in advance of it being made public in order to manage the PR of high profile cases – fact.

LFC had the opportunity to insist that the adjudication and verdict be released simultaneously to avoid the shit storm we now face. There is no evidence they did. If they had, a statement would have been released protesting that our request was denied and how our players reputation has been further sullied, unjustifiably.

Ayres and the legal team have been asleep at the wheel on this.

FFS I have now Sussed you out . Ur John Henry's trained Amazon Blue.

Give it a rest will ya.

There is probably a really straight forward answer to this and I've tried to find it in this thread but with no joy, but why has Terry not been made accountable by the FA yet? Do they have to wait for the legal case to be settled?

If he's found not guilty does that mean the FA don't need to do anything?

Guest San Don
I agree.

This Club will face many questions soon about its handling of this case. One which can be asked now is why it did not insist on the verdict, and adjudication being released simultaneously.

As it stands Luis has been branded a racist, when both the adjudication and the context may suggest anything but. It is grossly unfair.

Yet more bullshit from the dullard!

You havent a fucking clue whether LFC asked for the verdict and adjudication (basically the same thing) be released at the same time or not. You dont fucking know if the FA said 'get to fuck. Here's the verdict the written findings will be sent to you by normal channels in the normal way.'

Guest San Don
Not sure if it's been mentioned but has anybody seen Maddock's latest article?

"And headlines screaming “Racist” are equally as unhelpful if they serve to turn up the emotional heat and allow the main issue to be ignored.".

The nerve of the cunt.

He's probably shitting himself thinking the Huyton Fatties will smash him next time he turns up at Anfield!

You are right here - he said it - he said he said it - they know he said it, we know he said it.

The decision was a subjective judgment on how it was taken by Evra and was not based on racism - the media and other supporters have called him a racist. We continue to talk about him being racist - Marshall McLuhan is rolling over in his grave.

There is nothing subjective about this judgment at all. He was found guilty of using a term which included a reference to someone's skin colour. He was not found guilty of racism. He is actually guilty of using a term which makes reference to someone's skin colour.

Stupid rule, interpreted by stupid people that punishes people for something other than what the rule was supposed to protect. But hey ho, as goatboy said it's Kafkaesque. And you wouldn't expect otherwise from the FA.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but has anybody seen Maddock's latest article?

"And headlines screaming “Racist” are equally as unhelpful if they serve to turn up the emotional heat and allow the main issue to be ignored.".

The nerve of the cunt.

Yep backtracking big time . did you see the article by Ian Ladyboy in the Mail sounded like it was written by Colonel who served in the days of the Raj.

There is nothing subjective about this judgment at all. He was found guilty of using a term which included a reference to someone's skin colour. He was not found guilty of racism. He is actually guilty of using a term which makes reference to someone's skin colour.

Stupid rule, interpreted by stupid people that punishes people for something other than what the rule was supposed to protect. But hey ho, as goatboy said it's Kafkaesque. And you wouldn't expect otherwise from the FA.

I think you are agreeing with me since everything in this post is what I just said.

It was 14 days from the time the club receives all documentation.

That last paragraph of yours reads like you think the club have the evidence but aren't publishing it in an attempt to harm Suarez reputation. Mad

Your reading it wrong then,I would have thought that would be obvious,maybe thats just me.Why would the club do that.

I was saying they may have had it and were unable to release it.Its the FA's job to publish it as its their reasons for banning him,they are dragging their heals on it as its suits their agenda of having him tarred and feathered.

Having re-read the statement I was wrong,it is 14 days from when the club gets the stuff.The FA won't be in a hurry to send it .

LIVERPOOL'S defence of banned striker Luis Suarez will continue to be based on a strict interpretation of Uruguayan semantics.

burncross250.jpg

To a black Uruguayan this is like getting a big, warm hug

Suarez has been banned for eight matches after what Liverpool described as a 'cultural snafu' between their striker and Manchester United's Patrice Evra.

A spokesman said: "If he was Argentinean and he came out with that sort of unpleasantness we'd have kicked his buttocks all the way back to Buenos Aires.

"But Luis is Uruguayan and therefore not capable of what you think of as racism. In Uruguayan, the term 'negro' means 'lovely friend'. Unfortunately not everyone speaks fluent Uruguayan.

"So, in fact, Luis was actually telling Patrice that because of all the shoving they were now 'lovely friends forever' and hoped that, at the end of the season, they could perhaps go on a fishing holiday together .

"And then he said it another nine times."

The spokesman added: "And also, we are Liverpool. We are a lovely, cheeky, cuddly left-wing football club that takes everyone at face value and then makes a wonderful, pithy joke about our shared humanity."

An FA spokesman said: "We're assuming Suarez's appeal will involve the Uruguayan ambassador and a group of indigenous tribes people playing unusual wind instruments. So that's something to look forward to.

"In the meantime, it would be a lot easier if everyone just stuck to calling Patrice Evra an arsehole."

(b) The nature of the incident, and in particular any intent, recklessness, negligence

or other state of mind of the Player;

The above extract from the FA rule book, emphasizes that intent in particular should be considered. If there was no offence intended, they should not charge him.

9.1 The Regulatory Commission shall as soon as practicable send to the Alleged Offender and

the Chief Regulatory Officer (or his nominee), a written statement of its decision, which

shall state:

(a) the Charge(s) considered and whether admitted or denied;

(b) the decision as to whether Misconduct has been proved or not; and

© any penalty or other order imposed.

9.2 The written statement shall be signed and dated by the chairman of the Regulatory

Commission and be the conclusive record of the Regulatory Commission’s decision. A copy

of the written decision shall be forwarded to The Association.

9.3 The Regulatory Commission shall, upon the written request of a Senior Compliance

Officer (or his nominee) or Alleged Offender lodged with the Secretary of the Regulatory

Commission within seven days of the date of the written statement of its decision, state in

writing:

They have a week to provide the written document according to that.

Just seen that Hansen had to apologise for using the term "coloured" instead of "black" when describing some Premier League players. Following a backlash on Twitter he had to apologise. I thought "coloured" was an acceptable term. Does this mean I've been racist in the past? FFS, so much confusion with the meaning of words, what chance does anyone have?

Just seen that Hansen had to apologise for using the term "coloured" instead of "black" when describing some Premier League players. Following a backlash on Twitter he had to apologise. I thought "coloured" was an acceptable term. Does this mean I've been racist in the past? FFS, so much confusion with the meaning of words, what chance does anyone have?

So ya meant to use the word black. But when you use the word black in another language it then becomes racist? Confused?

No wonder that cunt Maddocks is changing his story on a daiy basis!

Guest San Don
(b) The nature of the incident, and in particular any intent, recklessness, negligence

or other state of mind of the Player;

The above extract from the FA rule book, emphasizes that intent in particular should be considered. If there was no offence intended, they should not charge him.

9.1 The Regulatory Commission shall as soon as practicable send to the Alleged Offender and

the Chief Regulatory Officer (or his nominee), a written statement of its decision, which

shall state:

(a) the Charge(s) considered and whether admitted or denied;

(b) the decision as to whether Misconduct has been proved or not; and

© any penalty or other order imposed.

9.2 The written statement shall be signed and dated by the chairman of the Regulatory

Commission and be the conclusive record of the Regulatory Commission’s decision. A copy

of the written decision shall be forwarded to The Association.

9.3 The Regulatory Commission shall, upon the written request of a Senior Compliance

Officer (or his nominee) or Alleged Offender lodged with the Secretary of the Regulatory

Commission within seven days of the date of the written statement of its decision, state in

writing:

They have a week to provide the written document according to that.

Not quite.

They have a week after the alleged offender lodges a request.

I had a similar experience here in the US. My college students started referring to Pakistanis as "Pakis" and what's more some of them were from Pakistan! When I showed my shock and explained that in the UK this is the equivalent of the N word for Asians, they were equally shocked because they use this to refer to people from Pakistan and call themselves "Paki" if that is where they are from. Some of them even have the word "Paki" in their e-mail e.g. (Pakigurl, Pakidude). Now this is the same bloody language, but just across the pond.

The FA need to be shown their ignorant witchhunt is unacceptable and embarrasing. Since the Manc-loving media in the UK won't do us any favours, the obvious answer is to have an online campaign, viral videos etc showing the ridiculousness of considering "negrito" racist when used by South Americans -- perhaps with blacks and whites and mixed people using the work in obviously friendly terms. I'm also waiting for Rafa to add his two cents..