You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

• 2 months later...

You have to love the notion that there is some manner of conspiracy in the media to suppress the revelation that there are restricted seats at Anfield. Perhaps that's the REAL reason the Sun was banned, eh? I understand why some Arsenal fans are bitter that Liverpool might be about to check out of the Hotel Underachiever and leave them with the cockroaches, but some self-awareness in the matter would be nice.

To be fair the Anny Road stand has been a clusterfuck for years...club have botched it over and over.

Look at it back in the early 80's to now and its been done up a few times and got worse if anything.

Top tier went on then had to have support poles put in because it moved when Celtic came....the overhang at the back is laughable like watching a game through a letter box...seats in corner with Kemlyn are shite with terrible view and club has spent a fair bit to create such a crap stand.

Another view from there:

Dvp6NwqWwAErDlJ?format=jpg&name=large

I do appreciate they were in past very restricted for space with the houses etc behind though....but still they bodged it.

I read somewhere that the back few rows are that bad that there is 'mind your head' signs at the back of stand and yellow and black warning tape on pillars/supports etc...

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

I do appreciate they were in past very restricted for space with the houses etc behind though....but still they bodged it.

I read somewhere that the back few rows are that bad that there is 'mind your head' signs at the back of stand and yellow and black warning tape on pillars/supports etc...

I used to sit in the upper Anny quite a lot a few years ago as thats where the dad and lad areas are and yes its pretty shit if you are in the back rows and it is like watching through a letter box.  The worst view I ever had on there though was against Udinese when we were seated to the extreme right hand side and the pillars from the old main stand blocked out one half of the pitch.

If you're seated near the front of the upper though the view is great.

It badly needs upgrading though, ideally along the lines of the main stand which is excellent.

I sat all the way at the back in the game against mufc when Gerrard got a straight red after a few seconds into the second half, biggest pile of crap seats i never imagined to be possible, if i stood up i could see about 1/4 of the pitch and when all the people infront of me stood up i didnt even bother thinking about the game because i had no vision. Worst money i ever gave to any game ive been to. And ive payed for womens football. 

8 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Why not? Same reason as you said we wouldn’t do the Main Stand or a different one?

Concerts planned for summer 2019 - so there'll be no work done then and I think Dr Troy said they have permission for 3 more the summer after - so 2021 earliest for redevelopment.

39 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Concerts planned for summer 2019 - so there'll be no work done then and I think Dr Troy said they have permission for 3 more the summer after - so 2021 earliest for redevelopment.

Stage would sit at that end anyway so no reason why couldn't have gigs in front of a building site.

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

No. It was 3 more for this summer. I think they applied for 10 but were only allowed 6 in the close season due to residents complaints. At the moment only 3 have been announced. Take That, Pink & Bon Jovi.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

No. It was 3 more for this summer. I think they applied for 10 but were only allowed 6 in the close season due to residents complaints. At the moment only 3 have been announced. Take That, Pink & Bon Jovi.

Permission is for 2 years though and if successful there'll be more after that.