You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

I'd love to see it done. I'd have to retract any bad words I had for them over the stadium issue if they proceed with the Anfield rd end. I await Xerxes' thoughts on the matter though. This is his realm.

I'd love to see it done. I'd have to retract any bad words I had for them over the stadium issue if they proceed with the Anfield rd end. I await Xerxes' thoughts on the matter though. This is his realm.

To be fair if they did it and it was not corporate bollocks then yeah i'd agree with you and say fair do's.

I'd be amazed if they could get it up to 60,000 but you never know i suppose

Let's get further than thinking about it.

They've been thinking a lot...

You can't just do this overnight. 

They've already redeveloped the main stand which people said they wouldn't. They've gone out and got a top class manager when people said they wouldn't.

I expect this to happen. It makes sense to do it.  

If they sort this out then we know they do have the fans in mind. As it stands they only have their coffers in mind.

I think that people are so far down the road of not liking or trusting them that it won't make a difference to some opinions. 

I think that people are so far down the road of not liking or trusting them that it won't make a difference to some opinions.

People are rightly still mistrusting of them. They've not exactly been total bastards like the last pair, but they aren't exactly top owners either.

They are absent for most of the season. They've been sticking to this 'Moneyball' business even though it has produced nothing on the pitch and they've had as many PR gaffes as Prince Philip.

Credit to them on the main stand (even though it's to make a profit for themselves)

Credit to them for allowing big money signings at times.

But they can get to fuck for the lack of Jan signings when it's clear the squad is thin.

Likewise for getting rid of Kenny when he won a trophy and letting Suarez go for below his worth.

For trying to raise ticket prices during a time when the majority of fans across Europe are campaigning for fairer prices.

Jury is rightly still out. For me. Clive.

• Upvote 1

People are rightly still mistrusting of them. They've not exactly been total bastards like the last pair, but they aren't exactly top owners either.

They are absent for most of the season. They've been sticking to this 'Moneyball' business even though it has produced nothing on the pitch and they've had as many PR gaffes as Prince Philip.

Credit to them on the main stand (even though it's to make a profit for themselves)

Credit to them for allowing big money signings at times.

But they can get to fuck for the lack of Jan signings when it's clear the squad is thin.

Likewise for getting rid of Kenny when he won a trophy and letting Suarez go for below his worth.

For trying to raise ticket prices during a time when the majority of fans across Europe are campaigning for fairer prices.

Jury is rightly still out. For me. Clive.

The only thing that they have really fucked up on recently was the ticketing issue. It was pure greed and ignorance of the situation.

Think their management appointments have been good personally, it was right to let Dalglish go, Rodgers did a good job before it went horribly wrong and they got a better manager in.

I think it's been alright personally, the last year it's starting to come together with the new stand and we're going to kick on massively under Klopp because he's great. 

Honestly couldn't be arsed with them selling unless we're getting backed by the Chinese. Made that mistake before with Moores and you don't know who ends up running the club. Even being back by a sovereign fund would be tough with the way we're under the cosh with FFP over the past few years.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/262361-anfield-s-main-stand-nears-completion

Good to see they're improving the facilities for disabled supporters.  (No excuse not to.)

Interesting to see Andy Hughes talking about having a good long look at the Anfield Road End, once the Main Stand is properly finished.  Didn't Ian Ayre say that it was basically a non-starter because, without corporate boxes, it didn't make financial sense?  My (almost completely uninformed) guess is that it all hangs on the Council's insistence on us reopening the rail line and stations.  If they do insist on it, it will never make financial sense; if they can be persuaded to drop that planning condition, then there may well be a case for expanding it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/262361-anfield-s-main-stand-nears-completion

Good to see they're improving the facilities for disabled supporters.  (No excuse not to.)

Interesting to see Andy Hughes talking about having a good long look at the Anfield Road End, once the Main Stand is properly finished.  Didn't Ian Ayre say that it was basically a non-starter because, without corporate boxes, it didn't make financial sense?  My (almost completely uninformed) guess is that it all hangs on the Council's insistence on us reopening the rail line and stations.  If they do insist on it, it will never make financial sense; if they can be persuaded to drop that planning condition, then there may well be a case for expanding it.

I thought the railway line clause was only effective if the capacity breached 60/61 thousand- which was why I thought they'd always aimed to come in just under that number?

I thought the railway line clause was only effective if the capacity breached 60/61 thousand- which was why I thought they'd always aimed to come in just under that number?

There is nothing about the railway line in the planning permission is there. That was hicks cock and bull and its just the council need us to do environmental work of some type if we exceed 61000. That could be as simple as a park and ride from Aintree racecourse.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...