You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard & his impending return

109_ultra

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So having an infection makes you feel fitter than at any time in the last 10 years?

Maybe they should bottle it and make it available on the NHS.

No, an infection is the colonisation of a host organism by parasite species. This often results in inflamation, which slows down the healing process. So basically what he said in June may well have been true, until the intervention of the infection. You get it now?

No, an infection is the colonisation of a host organism by parasite species. This often results in inflamation, which slows down the healing process. So basically what he said in June may well have been true, until the intervention of the infection. You get it now?

My point was I'm not holding my breath. He has a history of failing to return when expected, it's happened numerous times throughout his career. He and others should just come back and prove their fitness not talk about how they are going to come back better than ever. We have the same predictions every season about winning the league and other achievements. They should all just stop talking about it and start doing it.

They should take their lead from Kenny's "we will do our best and see where it gets us".

Guest davelfc

Can't wait to get him back, it's worse than waiting for the season to start. He's fucking brilliant and in this team well.... I'm going to have to buy baggy pants to watch us play.

I agree with Hermes - its happened one too many times with Gerrard now to take this on face value. That said, a Steven Gerrard at 80 per cent of what he was is still a very very good player.

Has alreayd alluded to I dont like the predictions every year either. Its been a custom for too long now (starting under Houllier) that every per season the squad would set targets. We are Liverpool FC and we exist to win trophies end of. Take a leaf out of Kenny's book and see where we are at the end of the season. Talk is cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
I can't have been the only red who winced when the first pass he received forced him to stretch his right leg out fully to try to control it.

That's exactly what I was thinking about mate; to me that shows that not only is there no longer any problem but that he believes completely in his healing as well.

I can't have been the only red who winced when the first pass he received forced him to stretch his right leg out fully to try to control it.

I was shitting myself. Reminded me of all the times that Owen returned from a hamstring injury. Pray to fook that Gerrard comes through the next few games ok.

That's exactly what I was thinking about mate; to me that shows that not only is there no longer any problem but that he believes completely in his healing as well.

Think it is too early to say. If there was any chance of a groin problem with any type of stretch then he wouldn't have been risked. Hang on what about Glenn...

His recovery will be monitored after each game as to the effects on his groin. Guess you would need around 6 - 10 games to get a reasonable fix on how he needs to be managed vis playing time.

It was absolutely great to see him back playing. Even the few moments on the ball got me all misty eyed on what we have missed and hope the lad is repaired now for the next 5 to 6 seasons.

Stevie is class. Was good to see the reception the home fans were giving him when he was warming up and when he came on to the field. They know class as well. Right.

He went into the corner with a defender on him and had to kind of stretch to come back for the ball trying to get past the defender.

That was when I went "Of fuck don't come up limping!"

So glad he's back. Will be interesting to see how he links up with Suarez as they've hardly played together. It also shifts the focus from Suarez as being the focal point of the team.

Hpefully the 2 of them will gel like he did with Torres.

Agreed, just hope we don't end up with the "Two man team" shit again. Carroll and Downing can help prevent that though if they do well enough.