You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

I can't wait until Carra and Alosno have retired and hope that Rodgers has become a complete success meaning the talk of Rafa returning will be dead and buried.

I don't think it will ever happen, especially considering everyone knows he's desperate for the job. We'll always have to deal with this ridiculous carry on.

You have a point, mate. But while Carra is by no means perfect I find the vitriol directed towards him very hard to stomach. Especially when it's used to vindicate Rafa who can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

My default position (I'm sure it's the same with most people) would not be to take sides. Rafa vs Carra; this sort of shit just doesn't come into it. I think that's what makes it so agonising when you see these people seemingly so entrenched in some kind of war. Can't we appreciate the achievements or the character of certain people without denigrating others?

You'd hope so wouldn't you.

I'm hoping a young progressive manager (although I'd have never appointed him) with no ties or history with the club will move people on.

Hope not expectation though.

Guest ShoePiss
I don't think it will ever happen, especially considering everyone knows he's desperate for the job. We'll always have to deal with this ridiculous carry on.

Well for me the issue isn't whether he wants the job or not, if we're successful why wouldn't anyone want to change things? Why would people be calling for Rafa if we're doing well?

Well for me the issue isn't whether he wants the job or not, if we're successful why wouldn't anyone want to change things? Why would people be calling for Rafa if we're doing well?

They wouldn't, bar the spastics.

The trouble we have is realistically how far are we away from being 'successful'?

I didn't want Rodgers but I'm desperate for him to get a good start to the season as otherwise next season could end up a joke.

Guest ShoePiss

For me next season would be deemed a success if challenge for 4th place and do well in the cups. The following seasons should be about cementing that 4th place and doing well in the cups.

For me next season would be deemed a success if challenge for 4th place and do well in the cups. The following seasons should be about cementing that 4th place and doing well in the cups.

Positive attacking football and a real crack at 4th next season is good progress for me, and I'd be happy with that.

What posters need to be aware of is that Rodgers has himself come out last season and told the press his side has lost points in games trying to follow his game plans.

I know we are a fickle bunch of cunts but if we 'reluctantly' accept Rodgers as manager but like the idea of a high pressing good passing side we need to accept we may fuck up a few games whilst getting used to his style.

Guest ShoePiss
What posters need to be aware of is that Rodgers has himself come out last season and told the press his side has lost points in games trying to follow his game plans.

I know we are a fickle bunch of cunts but if we 'reluctantly' accept Rodgers as manager but like the idea of a high pressing good passing side we need to accept we may fuck up a few games whilst getting used to his style.

Absolutely but there are still standards aren't there? I don't really know what they are anymore but we have them apparently.

Guest ShoePiss
I am amazed at the amount of people who are saying that they will be content with a 'challenge for fourth', as if finishing fifth is in anyway decent. If we come fifth we will lose our best players and then we will truly be fucked.

I'd prefer to win the league, it isn't going to happen though. Given that we'll have a new manager who'll need time to get his methods across to the players I think a challenge for 4th place is the best we can hope for. I won't be completely satisfied with that but will understand that given the situation it would be something to build upon the following season.

Also a bit of context : 7th, 6th, 8th.

I am amazed at the amount of people who are saying that they will be content with a 'challenge for fourth', as if finishing fifth is in anyway decent. If we come fifth we will lose our best players and then we will truly be fucked.

So what do you think is realistic?

I guess you were happy to see the back of Rafa after 7th then?

So, erm, this Roy Hodgson fella....

Yeah it would be kinda nice to get back on topic! Basically, he's a negative manager who has prehistoric tactics, which we unfortunately know all about. England fans are in for a shock in the next week or so.

Yeah it would be kinda nice to get back on topic! Basically, he's a negative manager who has prehistoric tactics, which we unfortunately know all about. England fans are in for a shock in the next week or so.

It'll all be Steven Gerrard's fault when they go home in shame. Hodgson did all he could and as the decent, intelligent man he is he was let down by his players, the last, unpopular remnants of the hated Golden Generation.

Hopefully I'm wrong ;)

It'll all be Steven Gerrard's fault when they go home in shame. Hodgson did all he could and as the decent, intelligent man he is he was let down by his players, the last, unpopular remnants of the hated Golden Generation.

Hopefully I'm wrong ;)

I hope you're right, hopefully he'll then fuck England off rather than trying to play on and get 100 caps.

It fucking doesn't though. At all. Liverpool were very often so negative and boring they could send a glass eye to sleep. Especially in Europe. Pass pass pass backpass to Clemmo. Roll out. Pass pass backpass to Clemmo

It drives me fucking insane all this shit about how Liverpool are supposed to play. We were unpopular when we used to win everything because of our dominance, but also because we were quite happy to bore the tits off everyone while we did it

Just like Barcelona then?

Hopefully I'm wrong ;)

Doubt it personally. Gerrard is seemingly one of the more popular players when it comes to England fans.

The one thing I will say about Hodgson and England is that his negative archaic tactics might give them the best chance of doing anything in this tournament as I simply don't believe that the players are good enough to play an expansive game. If the two banks of four keep it tight, Hart and Carroll continue their good form and Rooney, Gerrard, Young or Walcott produces the odd moment of magic then England might well have a good tournament.

I think the long balls towards Carroll can really bother some European sides, more so than if you have the likes of Phil Jones, Downing and Milner engaged in short passing.

England could also bore the world to death and return home with one goal scored in three games, of course.

repeat afterme fucktard

pass and move its the liverpool groove

we may have lost our attacking mojo under benitez but the liverpool way is about to return whether cunts like you like it or not!!!!!!!!

Hooray! Banned at last. Obviously the mentalist will back shortly with an new name, but it's still quite gratifying.

The Dude Abides next please!