You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

A 'mate' of mine remarked the other day that Liverpool haven't won the league since the backpass rule was introduced. Sad but true. As for this style of football wank, the only fans that go on about their style of football are ones whose teams never win anything. West ham, spurs have been historically famous for banging out about playing good football and arsenal are now the kings of trying to claim they play the best football in the league yet win nothing year after year. How can it be good football if you don't win? Has anybody heard either of the mancs talking about the quality of their football?

The Mancs (Utd) are all about their style of play.

Haha at the irony of you criticising a player for having an opinion.

Your last sentence is horseshit. He's always tried his best.

I really don't want to get into yet another Carra debate as it's been done to death.

However, you can respect the lad for the number of years service, those few seasons when he was fucking outstanding and was being hailed by Franco Baresi no less.

And still not be impressed with him refusing to play right back when it was for the greater good of the team.

Overall he is a legend, a massive legend, and I'm grateful to have seen him at his absolute peak.

But as we've even seen with the King even legends have their faults and it would be daft to pretend otherwise.

It fucking doesn't though. At all. Liverpool were very often so negative and boring they could send a glass eye to sleep. Especially in Europe. Pass pass pass backpass to Clemmo. Roll out. Pass pass backpass to Clemmo

It drives me fucking insane all this shit about how Liverpool are supposed to play. We were unpopular when we used to win everything because of our dominance, but also because we were quite happy to bore the tits off everyone while we did it

repeat afterme fucktard

pass and move its the liverpool groove

we may have lost our attacking mojo under benitez but the liverpool way is about to return whether cunts like you like it or not!!!!!!!!

Actually a good article from Carra there.

A good read all in all.

I reckon the last few sentences do spell out though that he was a big supporter of bringing in Roy as has often been speculated, and before anyone get theres knickers in a twist I'm not saying theres anything wrong with a player having an opinion on who the manager should be.

In our case though it was just blatantly and fundamentally wrong.

Barcelona can be boring sometimes but its the moments they pounce which thrill you which is how we were

ive said it loads on here lately but people going the match need to be very patient from now on, even lvst season when we kept hold of people groaned but Rodgers will keep it till he gets the chance to pounce

Carragher has got some nerve criticising former teammates for not giving their all for Hodgson. Hypocritcal prick. Sincerely hope (but doubt) that Rodgers has the bottle to tell him he's free to find another club.

Millstone round the club's neck.

Future manager? Give me a break.

Pretty much. Seems like a shit character to have in the dressing room.

Calm down a second Walton...

I have the utmost gratitude and respect for everything Jamie Carragher has done for this club.

However, if you can't see how hypocritical he's being with those comments then you need to sit down and have a little think.

And I not only hated every second of Hodgson's tenure, I also thought that the time had come to move on from Benitez.

But only if we could get someone better...

If you think he's past it thats fine, I know personally he is myself but its the veiled snide comments which behind them is the real reasom, you think he helped get rid of Rafa

Why does it have to be 'veiled snide comments'?

Why can't it be a fan recognisisng that no player is perfect and they've all made mistakes and let themselves down.

Gerrard with Chelsea and Carra refusing to play right back.

Doesn't make them any less brilliant footballers and servants to this club, it just means they have faults like the rest of us.

Why does it have to be 'veiled snide comments'?

Why can't it be a fan recognisisng that no player is perfect and they've all made mistakes and let themselves down.

Gerrard with Chelsea and Carra refusing to play right back.

Doesn't make them any less brilliant footballers and servants to this club, it just means they have faults like the rest of us.

I'm sure he's talking about the people who hate Carragher because he got Benitez the sack or some shit.

This place is so full of wankers these days it's becoming a serious chore to read.

It is in parts, but there are still quality posters on the ff.

Maybe a cull is needed of the twats and we can all just enjoy the euros before monging out again ready for the transfer silly season.

After I established myself at right-back, our African defender Rigobert Song found himself out of the team and our previously healthy relationship instantly deteriorated.

One morning in training he was told I'd been called into the England squad after performing well at full-back.

There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21.

He might as well have blurted out he thought I wasn't good enough for international football.

He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite.

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft twat?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again.

Some of the shit he says is embarrassing. Thats why certain people don't take to him as some kind of prince of Liverpool.

To be fair mate that is equally as much of the problem.

Any perceived criticism of Carra and you're a Rafa worshiper who thought he was perfect.

You have a point, mate. But while Carra is by no means perfect I find the vitriol directed towards him very hard to stomach. Especially when it's used to vindicate Rafa who can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

My default position (I'm sure it's the same with most people) would not be to take sides. Rafa vs Carra; this sort of shit just doesn't come into it. I think that's what makes it so agonising when you see these people seemingly so entrenched in some kind of war. Can't we appreciate the achievements or the character of certain people without denigrating others?

Guest ShoePiss

I can't wait until Carra and Alosno have retired and hope that Rodgers has become a complete success meaning the talk of Rafa returning will be dead and buried.