You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Purposely dislikable Film/TV Characters

Can't find any pictures of him but the screw in Scum, small baldy fella who calls Angel a black bastard in his cell and puts him on Governor's report even though he's just been beaten up by 4 lads. Shows his racist tendencies when the black lad slashes his wrists after his wife dies.

Tries to goad Carlin into punching him after Carlin has battered the Daddy. He watches on when Davis gets raped in the greenhouse and comes in smirking when he sees him crying on the floor with his keks round his ankles. Horrible nasty character who should have got stabbed to death by an inmate in the riot at the end.

Vern_Schillinger.jpg

Schillinger from Oz, hands down the most vile character ever to grace the small screen.

Great call. Complete evil bastard, the whole show made me feel uncomfortable whilst I watched it and Vern Schillinger was a huge part of it.

Once I've finished a number of other excellent HBO productions I need to watch I may delve into watching all of Oz again. Probably the only show I've watched which makes my skin crawl whilst sinking its hooks in. Superb.

For me this is split into two.

On one hand you have characters who are so fucking bad/annoying it effects my judgement of the actor eg Tony Soprano's mum.

On the other hand you have characters who are so fucking bad/annoying you can't help but watch and admire how good the actor is getting you to despise them eg Colonel Hans Lander from Inglourious Basterds.

I don't know why you'd despise someone like Hans Lander, he's funny as fuck. Most villains have at least 'some' redeeming features. Even Schillinger loved his kids. The only ones I can think of on telly who don't - which I started a thread on a while back - are Phil Leotardo from The Sopranos and Marlo Stanfield from The Wire.

• 2 years later...

Shane Richie as Alfie in Eastenders, i fucking hate Shane Ritchie, i hate his smug cheeky chappy cockney face, i hate the fact that he has one emotion which is default "cheeky chappy" and his fake crying is the worst i've ever seen. Everything starts with "'ey" "'ey come here, don't be upset", "'ey we'll get through this a'right", "how could you do this too me, ey?".

Just fucking "ey", i wish it was "ey don't throw me in that hole" "ey stop kicking shit outta me" irrational, let completely lucid hatred in the cold light of day.

• 2 weeks later...