You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Thread/Mega Thread - Dead?

paulmacca10

I understand that forums are just that, a chance for people to air their views. But having had over 1.2 million views with less than 1% of them posting, has the goliath 'Summer Thread' run it's course?

I doubt anyone is now able to follow the issues raised on there and I think the best thing would be for it to be closed.

I'm not saying that those people have no right to post obviously, but I think there are conversations on there about every member of the squad, the staff, the stadium, the academy, formations, signings, sales, favourite cheeses to go with a nice red etc etc.

I think it's preferential to have seperate threads about each topic so that people interested in particulars can read and contribute without having to trawl through pages of "Well your ma's fat", "Well your ma's fatter" to find what they want.

Just a thought. No doubt I'll be shot down. Don't know Dave U at all, but any chance?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Multiply the replies thus far by about 1400 and you've got the Summer Thread encapsulated.

1 comment, followed by 1 direct dig, followed by 3 or 4 jokes, followed by a rumour.

My point is proved.

Transfer entropy, mother fucker.

I understand that forums are just that, a chance for people to air their views. But having had over 1.2 million views with less than 1% of them posting, has the goliath 'Summer Thread' run it's course?

I doubt anyone is now able to follow the issues raised on there and I think the best thing would be for it to be closed.

Epic thread is epic.

Please leave it alive - anyone can start following it from whenever they want. You don't need to read the whole thing. And you don't need to visit it all.

And where else will Kenny learn what our best options are?

It's far too epic, that's my point.

I think that most people want to discuss the issues but they jump from one to the next so quickly and with so many little asides in there that it's hard to follow.

And that's the point I'm trying to make, that the people who read this forum want to follow points about specific issues without going through everything else on the thread.

I know I don't need to look at it, but the points people talk about on there are of interest and so should be easier to find.

Like I said originally, I was bound to get shot down, just saying what I think.

Guest davelfc
Multiply the replies thus far by about 1400 and you've got the Summer Thread encapsulated.

1 comment, followed by 1 direct dig, followed by 3 or 4 jokes, followed by a rumour.

My point is proved.

Pretty much sums up every single thread here, close them all I say.

Why would closing a thread and replacing it with a similar thread make any difference? Surely you realise the same people would post in this thread, we'd all be talking about the same things, same sources etc etc. Essentially we'd just continue in this thread like nothing had changed at all.

Your torturous logic makes Jesus disappointed.

Why would closing a thread and replacing it with a similar thread make any difference? Surely you realise the same people would post in this thread, we'd all be talking about the same things, same sources etc etc. Essentially we'd just continue in this thread like nothing had changed at all.

Your torturous logic makes Jesus disappointed.

And the point is, there'd be seperate threads for the seperate issues so that people could debate them seperately.

Did you read the original idea?