You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Alternative Summer 2011 Thread for Positive People

RedinSweden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what our transfers come down to is very simple, do you trust the manager? I personally do, and I would imagine most people feel the same.

Kenny has built good teams before, two of which won titles.

Maybe the signings are not what some people would like, but I believe you win things by building teams and squads, not buying superstar players who you then have to keep happy all the time.

I can't imagine Adam or Henderson kicking off if they're not in the team every week. But at the same time, when they are on the pitch, I expect they'll help produce good team performances.

You've got to trust the manager, as soon as doubt creeps in, it's over, as we've seen with our last 3.

I couldn't be more upbeat about next season, and I think other signings, whoever they are, will add to what is turning into a pretty good squad. Start the season well and you never know where the confidence we build could take us.

My rep gun is out of ammo, but i am going to rep the fuck out of this post when it is recharged. Excellent work!

Another thing about transfers (and not just ours) is that it's not purely based on how good a player is, if that was the case, you'd see every club in the world who had the money going after the best player in every position ie Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Tevez, Neymar, etc etc etc.

As well as this, you've got to consider other things when you sign players. Off the top of my head - wages, personality, nationality, suitability to Premier League football, language, family situations that may effect things down the line, balance of team, formation you want to play, balance of squad, injury history, media image, and probably 20 others issues that don't even come to mind! You consider all of these things, giving each one it's proper weight, and then make a choice.

Like I said before, you build a team and a squad before anything else.

I believe we'll sign at least 3 more players, and it wouldn't surprise or bother me one bit if non of them were 'marque' (a farce of a description anyway, Liverpool FC is marque, players are just players) but I'd bet all the tea in China that each one will make a positive contribution to us next season and beyond.

Couldn't be more excited about 2011-2012. If we get things right early on, I honestly believe we could be pushing at the top end well into the new year.

anybody but them

sell him to city or chelsea but not fucking united. he might have a year left but wenger can still sell him where he wants and he would be mental to strengthen united with nasri.

i bloody hope city blow them out of the water.

Nah, not too negative as he is only offering an alternative and not really having a pop.

However the tone of this fantastic thread has been lowered. People seem to be mistaking this thread for a place where they can give their opinions on players and discuss things. Not so. This is a thread for people who are so excited about the new season, they can barely see.

She was indeed offering an alternative. Not a pronouncement of Downing's ability.

Thanks.

Guest The Chimp

It's all coming together and I'm made up. Kenny's getting who he wants in, and it looks like the bollox about having to offload first is precisely that. There's still loads of time to go and a few more ins and outs (fnar fnar). I'm all aboard the Happy Express and enjoying the journey thus far.

second day of the season, the gooners will be grasping with big name departures and possibly underwhelming replacements come face to face with a renewed stevie, stream lined carroll, energiser bunny henderson bopping about and charlie adam pinging balls about.

its about time we won down there and about time we start a season off on a good foot in a second strip, set the tone and all that...

positivity

anybody but them

sell him to city or chelsea but not fucking united. he might have a year left but wenger can still sell him where he wants and he would be mental to strengthen united with nasri.

i bloody hope city blow them out of the water.

With 2 of their best players elsewhere I don't see the Geordies being that much of a threat this season, not sure I get why you want Bristol to blow them out the water?

I know his heart is set on United from what the papers say, but why not put in a bid for Nasri since we're looking at midfielders?
Strange that he'd have his heart set on a relegated team rather than Arsenal.

Enough of other team's boring transfer business, back to the sexy pirate ninjahawking transfer season of Liverpool.

I am proper excited for this season now. Can't fucking wait. And all of Kenny's signings are going to be ace.

What have all these players got in common :

Steve McMahon

John Aldridge

Peter Beardsley

John Barnes

Luis Suarez

Ray Houghton

Jamie Redknapp

Yeah, that's right they were all bought by the King are were/are ace! And, as this is the positive thread if anyone brings any of his worse signings up I am going to neg them right between the eyes.

I am proper excited for this season now. Can't fucking wait. And all of Kenny's signings are going to be ace.

What have all these players got in common :

Steve McMahon

John Aldridge

Peter Beardsley

John Barnes

Luis Suarez

Ray Houghton

Jamie Redknapp

Yeah, that's right they were all bought by the King are were/are ace! And, as this is the positive thread if anyone brings any of his worse signings up I am going to neg them right between the eyes.

1 more post...