You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Alternative Summer 2011 Thread for Positive People

RedinSweden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of time did you manage to get logged in kalasoma?

I've been unable to log in at all today.

Logged on just before the 08:15 BST ticket window opened (I'm in the States at the moment so 03:15 PT) and didn't get access to the ticketing page for about 30 mins. So you just have to try to get online right before the window opens at and just sit tight.

arsenal are there for the taking this season

So's yer mum.

And by taking, I mean taking down the shops with fish and chips on the way home if she behaves herself. Maybe an ice-cream on the prom on Sunday aft too.

Edited by Alan Sex

Well happy with Downing. He really wants to play for us. That means a lot to me. The players we have bought in all want to play here. They were our first choices and we were theirs. Excellent stuff. I still expect to see a CB, LB and forward coming in.

Happy with Downing, really don't get the hate some have for him. Adam whipping in the corners and free kicks and Downing chucking in the crosses for Carroll with Suarez and Gerrard picking up anything that comes down and Suarez just generally causing fucking mayhem.

Plus I have actually managed to get some tickets now, so going to get to see it all happening live. Happy days!

Well happy with Downing. He really wants to play for us. That means a lot to me. The players we have bought in all want to play here. They were our first choices and we were theirs. Excellent stuff. I still expect to see a CB, LB and forward coming in.

That's one of the key points for me. Not only are the players we are signing good players, and not only do they fit well with our style of play, but they have also shown a genuine desire to come here. This will hopefully make us more united and committed as a squad, as well as making us a better team. It's an excellent philosophy.

The owners have given money to our manager to spend. The manager has identified the targets and the DoF has gone out and brought those players to the club. Our club bears no resemblance to the shambles it was this time last year. I cannot wait for the new season to begin, as I'm sure many of you have said to yourself a few times this week.

The owners have given money to our manager to spend. The manager has identified the targets and the DoF has gone out and brought those players to the club. Our club bears no resemblance to the shambles it was this time last year. I cannot wait for the new season to begin, as I'm sure many of you have said to yourself a few times this week.

Couldn't agree more with this. Reading an article such as this:

How Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson can help Liverpool FC overdeliver (VIDEO) - News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

which has been posted elsewhere I'm sure, really gives me a sense of optimism which instead of being grounded in hope is actually backed up with the positive actions of the club. Everything from the ground up is being improved; from the coaching staff to the signings and the way transfers have been approached.

One thing that really makes me smile though is Kenny's attitude and actions re new signings. Picking Adam up and driving him to Melwood and flying back from China/Malaysia early to be there for the Downing signing is pure class and is indicative of how Kenny is changing the atmosphere of the club. The way we're not going for fancy flash in the pan players but seem to be following a carefully planned approach of identifying weaknesses and fixing them with considered and consistent players is a breath of fresh air.

It's a great time to be a fan of our club.

I read (can't remember where) earlier that Cole is now going to Villa. As I understand it's not part of the Downing deal, a la N'gog to Sunderland. Between Spurs, Hamburg and Villa I think it's highly likely we'll shift him this summer, which is great news.

And a few people on here have been mentioning Poulsen going back to Denmark and Milan returning to Belgium. I think we'll shift the vast majority of the deadwood (Konchchesky is already gone) this summer, when I thought at the start of the window we'd have to pay them all off over the course of a few seasons.

Personally, I'd keep N'gog and Maxi for at least another season. However, I would rather we signed another back-up striker so we aren't totally reliant on N'gog should Caroll get injured. Maxi can do a job, even if his wages are as extortionate as has been reported. He's a decent option to have in the squad.

I'm really positive about the forthcoming season. Kenny's getting the players he wants and it looks like we're building a hungry, solid squad packed with people who truly want to play for this club.

A left back, back-up striker and maybe another centre back would have us sorted in my eyes. Can't wait to see what happens over the next few weeks, not to mention the season ahead.

Unfortunately I think the origins of that Cole story is the Metro but would be great if it happened because after checking that Villatalk forum out a few times while the whole Downing thing was going on they really do not want Cole or Ngog. Be great if they signed either one given the level of shite they talk about LFC over there.

Meanwhile...

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's daughter outed as a Liverpool fan

Kenny Dalglish was charged with taking Liverpool back to the big time - but it seems King Kenny's influence may reach further than anticipated as even Hollywood stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have bought into the Reds revival.

article-1310654080780-0D02531C00000578-326736_636x457.jpg

Angelina Jolie with her daughters, Shiloh and Zahara Jolly: Angelina looks happy with daughter Shiloh and her Liverpool bag (XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM)

The A-list couple, who have recently been in England, were spotted leaving Los Angeles International airport with their brood of children – where one was spotted sporting a Liverpool string bag.

Little Shiloh used the carrier to transport her London souvenier bear under the guidance of her Tomb Raider actress mum, who has previously insisted her son Maddox would 'only be allowed to play for the Reds'.

The Pitt/Jolie family are the latest to join the celebrity Kop fan club, which already boasts the likes of Samuel L Jackson, 007 Daniel Craig, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg and Nelson Mandela.

Arsenal are probably the only other English side who could rival the Reds in the celeb stakes, with Jay-Z, Kevin Costner, and Alan Davies all avid supporters.

But Everton do have Rocky, so….

Read more: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's daughter Shiloh outed as a Liverpool fan | Metro.co.uk

So far our net spend is about 50M and we're clearing out plenty of players which will give us more money. Henry is definitely not fucking around. He wants success and obviously trusts Kenny with the cash. I still reckon we will sign a top class foreigner before transfer window closes.

Meanwhile...

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's daughter outed as a Liverpool fan

Kenny Dalglish was charged with taking Liverpool back to the big time - but it seems King Kenny's influence may reach further than anticipated as even Hollywood stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have bought into the Reds revival.

article-1310654080780-0D02531C00000578-326736_636x457.jpg

Looks like Rio Ferdinand is trying to do a carjack in that pic, the duckfaced twat.