You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Alternative Summer 2011 Thread for Positive People

RedinSweden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jon Snow
Looking at self employment. Fuck da man.

Then you can make your self redundant GOOD CALL !

main.fosters.JPG

Sorry to hear the news tho.Is it a job you enjoyed ?

There were aspects I loved, like helping somebody who had never been given the skills to get them work for 10+ years, in getting a job.

Then there was the actual turning up, fucking hated that bit.

Working on a government funded contract is something I will not be rushing to do for a long time. I know that much.

Latest name in our left back search is Alvaro Pereira.

Thursday Rumour: Liverpool target Porto’s £17.5million left-back

The search for a left-back for Liverpool is hotting up as we edge closer to the start of the season. Virtually every left-back you can think of has been linked with a move to Liverpool this summer from the likes of Clichy, Enrique, Baines and Cissokho. The latest player linked with a move to Liverpool today is Porto’s Uruguay international Alvaro Pereira.

Pereira is currently in Argentina taking part in the Copa America for Uruguay alongside Liverpool striker Luis Suarez. The Portugese paper ABola is running with the story of Liverpool targeting Pereira who is capable of playing as a left-back or left-midfield. The report suggests that Pereira has a release clause of £17.5million (20million euro) and if Liverpool are willing to pay that much they could capture the 25-year-old.

Liverpool are also being linked with another Uruguay international, centre back Diego Godin. Maybe Kenny Dalglish has seen the success that their fellow countryman Luis Suarez has had at Liverpool and hopes that they could come in and do the same. The fact that Uruguay have done so well in the Copa America by reaching the Final goes to show how talented these players are.

Thought he was quite good at the WC (Although we have been previously burnt buying a player on the back of a half decent world cup) and for porto last year. One downside for me is his appearance... he looks like one of those really freaking scary deep sea fish.

Can we please please get Diego Forlan, Mr Henry? Not that it will happen, and he doesn't fit into the whole 'soccernomics' ethos of the club. But I really like him alot though. He's so good for Suarez, and they are so good together. Why break up a good thing?

I have just been offered to take gardening leave as we are being made redundant next Wednesday.

That smells of a positivism to me.

I did two months of gardening leave when they made me redundant. That was on the back of taking all of December off because I had loads of holiday to take last year. Gardening leave is ace!

Started new job last Monday, it's effectively the first time I've actually been at work other than for myself since November last year.

Gerrard will be fit mid September and have a great season. The rest will have done wonders for him.

Hoping the rest will do wonders for the team. Time to step up Lucas/Meireles/Adam. Thinking Lucas will take on temporary captain's armband.