You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

adidas arena?

WaltonRed

Doubt it as when they had the chance to beat or match the Warrior offer they wouldnt'.

The deal with Adidas was a piece of shit for the club with us seeing hardly any cash from it whilst they lined their pockets.

Would be amazed if they then stumped up the cash for the naming rights which as its being pointed out on the new ground thread that it would have to break all records for it to be viable.

Guest San Don
Rumour going round we've decided to build the new ground and we've struck a deal with adidas to be the grounds sponsor.

I cant see it with us supposedly signing that deal with Warrior sports.

I cant see this considering they wouldnt match the warrior kit deal and we were a huge sellers of their merchandise.

Anything is possible I guess but it just doesnt sit right to me.

Guest ShoePiss
hahaha

Don't know why you're laughing at that, it's true. There's a lot of decent discussion on there outside of the main forum.

As for the Adidas Arena thing, no idea whether there is anything in it but I'd like to see a Adidas scally museum there, like they used to have at Wade Smith with loads of 1980's trainers, maybe a few pictures of us stealing them from unsuspecting Europeans.

Can't see it to be honest. Adidas are a massive brand, and are famous all around the world for sponsoring Madrid, Chelsea etc as well as having famous players on their books. What would be happening would essentially be that every-time you thought of adidas you'll be thinking of the new stadium.

Not sure that is the best thing for adidas alienating themselves like that.

Can't see it to be honest. Adidas are a massive brand, and are famous all around the world for sponsoring Madrid, Chelsea etc as well as having famous players on their books. What would be happening would essentially be that every-time you thought of adidas you'll be thinking of the new stadium.

Not if the design was good, surely?

Especially if they based said design on perenial 80s classics like these:

jeans-mk1.jpg

I'd happily ignore the blue to sit in a stadium that was shaped like a pair of Adidas Jeans.

(Wade Smith would want in then alright, Stumpy.)

Famous for sponsoring Chelsea? Behave!