You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mechanic wanted (Liverpool)

POOOS

Need someone who (can) work on Vauxhalls/Vectras? PM me please.

Have started thread in the The Tradesman's Entrance, which is waiting approval, but reckon got more chance of getting help in here.

PS I have a job that needs doing and on my car and didn't intend this to sound like a job advert!

Car keeps cutting out. This is uaually when the car is just ticking over at lights etc. However, it cut out this morning when I was driving and it scared me a bit as, due to it being an automatic, I can't bump start it so I had to pull over.

Seems like this is the solution - which, according to the people who have tried it says it's not difficult and takes about an hour:

Cutting out? read this!

Could you do it?

Any rough idea of cost?

Any idea when you could do it, if you can do it?

Got another lad coming out later to have a nose.

Cheers

Could be fuel starvation. Caused by a blocked fuel filter. It's the first and cheapest thing to rule out.

Unless your getting the engine management light on your display.

No lights, until it cuts out and then I get the usual pre-ignition lights.

Pretty sure the link is what the problem is.

It's not usually a problem, albeit a pain in the arse - just bang it in to Neutral, start again and then pull off. But when it cuts out while moving along then it's a concern, especially as I have a kid.