You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Snooker Championship 2011

The Golden Eel

Starts this Saturday...

I'll be having a slice of Mark Williams this year at 8/1 In some great form this year, has a very decent looking quarter of the draw and could be the man to bring home the bacon this year.

Mate was telling me that apparently O'Sullivan had wanted to pull out but had to be convinced to saty in the compeition. Wouldn't surprise me with that lunatic. However, at 8/1, can't be the most sensible bet of 2011.

Other favourites include Higgins at about 5/1, Selby at about 6/1, Ding at about 8/1 and Robertson at about 9/1. Fatboy Murphy availbale at aropund 16/1 looks a fair price but then it could never be a pleasurable experience wanting that jackass to win, so I'll give it a miss.

Any opinions?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starts this Saturday...

I'll be having a slice of Mark Williams this year at 8/1 In some great form this year, has a very decent looking quarter of the draw and could be the man to bring home the bacon this year.

Mate was telling me that apparently O'Sullivan had wanted to pull out but had to be convinced to saty in the compeition. Wouldn't surprise me with that lunatic. However, at 8/1, can't be the most sensible bet of 2011.

Other favourites include Higgins at about 5/1, Selby at about 6/1, Ding at about 8/1 and Robertson at about 9/1. Fatboy Murphy availbale at aropund 16/1 looks a fair price but then it could never be a pleasurable experience wanting that jackass to win, so I'll give it a miss.

Any opinions?

Could be anyones this year but what I will say is Judd Trump is a good bet to beat Robertson and so is Andrew Paggett to beat Jamie Cope 1st round hes 6/1 I think, im good mates with Page and hes got the game to beat him, should be a cracker because both are very attacking players, dont think the crucible will phase him either cos hes got bundles of self confidence, practices alot with Mark Williams as well, that gmae with Ryan Day could go either way as well, I fancy Higgins.

Starts this Saturday...

I've backed Williams too. Snookerbacker.com is well worth a look, especially if (as the name suggests) you enjoy a bet.

Judd Trump is finally fulfilling his potential, he's peaking just at the right time. Think he'll make the semis at least. O'Sullivan can piss off, moaning little tart, he's going out to the first decent player he'll come across. Higgins or Selby to win it.

Hope O'Sullivan wins it and retires at the top. He can't keep going out like he has done recently.

I just hope O'Sullivan retires full stop and takes his attention-seeking as far away from snooker as possible. Such a massive talent, but such a massive Cockney wanker too. Should he be in the position, I presume the prize for a 147 will be enough for him to actually bother potting the final black this time.

Higgins has to be a pretty big favourite. There isn't a more consistant player in the game at the moment, he has the experience and ability to handle the pressure too.

Selby is very strong too but I think if he gets in a shootout with another top player and they are both in form, he will lose out.

I hate him but Murphy is always dangerous, good price on him too, like someone said above I couldn't bare backing him though.

Ding may have matured a bit but I think he doesn't seem to do quite as well in the longer matches.

Ali Carter is another dark horse, maybe doesn't have the scoring ability to be Champion.

Mark Williams is back on form at long last but I don't think he is at the previous heights he reached.

Neil Robertson will need to be a bit more consistant, will do well to retain the title but definitely not worth writing off.

Mark Allen is almost as annoying as Murphy. For that reason he will do well, as players I dislike always seem to.

I don't think Ronnie means to come accross as arrogant, he's just a complete head the ball. He's one of my all time favourite players, but his attitude and form in the last few years has been piss poor. I think if he drops out of the top 16 he'll walk away from the sport.

Guest simon
Good shouts from Molby's Belly here, as Judd Trump has just dumped out the holder Robertson 10-8 & Cope/Pagett is 4-4.

I had a cheeky fiver on Cope.

5 4 to cope now.