You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

46 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s not all doom and gloom then…

ForeverEverton

Player Valuation: £40m
I`ve been fairly steadfast in the view this team is going down, nothing I`ve seen in in the last 19 games has given me reason to think any different, if anything it is far more obvious than ever.

Again I said Dyche should have gone during the break, the club has missed the opportunity and now the whole club will pay the consequences.

I feel sorry for all the staff at Finch Farm and Goodison who will lose their jobs, jobs they put their all in to and they will be sacked off the back of the frauds in the dugout and in the boardroom, how can any of them look these people in the eye.

Relegation, massive fire sale and administration will ensue. Probably lose the stadium aswell meaning all of this will be for nothing... This club is rotten from top to bottom and the only way this finishes is with the club fighting for it`s very survival...

Nice one Kopite Kenwright, this is your legacy and you can RIP knowing you`ve played your part in killing this club.

Calling Kenwright a Kopite....absolute whopper.

I know they have to shoehorn a reference to us into everything but that is laughable.

3 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Yep there's no deterent whatsoever.  If I were the Newcastle CEO i'd be throwing £500m+ at the squad this summer.

Yeah, but you're assuming Saudi are playing the short game. I was listening to a podcast the other day, which was talking about an ongoing court case in the US to stop league fixtures from other leagues being played there. I think it might actually involve city's mob girona, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, it seems pretty clear the FIFA rules are what they are and absolutely prevent such a game.

So now FIFA, who were opposed to such a thing before infantino moved and lived in an oil state, are discussing relaxing that rule. So where would that leave us? Forget America, it's just a test case. Saudi are obsessed with trying to control all sport, it would seem to me likely they'd want to get Newcastle games there. Perhaps the same would happen with Abu Dhabi taking city there. Who knows, but it's a door opener. And nobody is standing up to these states. We see it in the most simple matter like our referees going to Abu Dhabi on jollys and it seems only Liverpool fans and one or two journalists raising eyebrows at it. 

The game is fucked regardless of if Newcastle spend 500m or not. But they'll want mates in the PL to get games in their country. So they're playing nice. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, but you're assuming Saudi are playing the short game. I was listening to a podcast the other day, which was talking about an ongoing court case in the US to stop league fixtures from other leagues being played there. I think it might actually involve city's mob girona, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, it seems pretty clear the FIFA rules are what they are and absolutely prevent such a game.

So now FIFA, who were opposed to such a thing before infantino moved and lived in an oil state, are discussing relaxing that rule. So where would that leave us? Forget America, it's just a test case. Saudi are obsessed with trying to control all sport, it would seem to me likely they'd want to get Newcastle games there. Perhaps the same would happen with Abu Dhabi taking city there. Who knows, but it's a door opener. And nobody is standing up to these states. We see it in the most simple matter like our referees going to Abu Dhabi on jollys and it seems only Liverpool fans and one or two journalists raising eyebrows at it. 

The game is fucked regardless of if Newcastle spend 500m or not. But they'll want mates in the PL to get games in their country. So they're playing nice. 

In fact this is the game, originally requested back in 2018. Apparently it's due back in court. 

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37561307/girona-open-match-la-liga-barcelona-united-states

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They've been quite reserved since taking over but they've now had a taste of the CL drug and the exposure it provides.  I think the idea was to grow 'organically' but after a good season last year that will probably change and the expectations/demand will now be much higher. I wouldn't rule out another arm of saudi investment looked at other PL clubs and the newcastle owners started their own multi club syndicate.  A few big clubs around europe still need bailing out - Valencia a prime example. Lyon another ready for pickings.  Its all shite but it seems that is how the game is now going sadly and its fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

You don't have to be in the running to be out of the running but he is out of the running.

Former Chelsea and Everton boss Frank Lampard has taken himself out of the running to become the new head coach of Canada's men's national team.

Just watched the highlights of tonight’s game. 

Pickford is absolutely woeful. The kicking error aside, he should probably do better for every goal apart from the penalty. 

Looks a bit out of position for the first. Palms the ball right out into the danger area for the second. He should make sure that his dive for the Jackson goal (4th?) covers the post. It doesn’t and the ball creeps in. He probably deserves the least criticism for the Gilchrist goal as he was just left unchallenged to bring the ball under control and shoot but the ball does seem to just go through Pickford a bit too easily. 

He’s massively overrated, for me. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've said for ages the champion league final stages will change to a end of season final 8/4 all played in Saudi. They'd likely throw the premier league a load of money at a end of season tournaments. Something like the playoffs. The top 3 get CL automatically and the next 4 playoff for the final spot. All played in Saudi 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

They've been quite reserved since taking over but they've now had a taste of the CL drug and the exposure it provides.  I think the idea was to grow 'organically' but after a good season last year that will probably change and the expectations/demand will now be much higher. I wouldn't rule out another arm of saudi investment looked at other PL clubs and the newcastle owners started their own multi club syndicate.  A few big clubs around europe still need bailing out - Valencia a prime example. Lyon another ready for pickings.  Its all shite but it seems that is how the game is now going sadly and its fucking shite.

I would t be shocked if the Saudi sounded out FSG. I know they are talking of multi club ownership but if FFP goes out the window all of a sudden we are struggling to compete financially and a few years of non CL and the value of the club drops. They probably have got a better time to sell. Though the cost is far more than say a Everton/Valencia you start with a club with huge revenues meaning FFP isn't going to stop you spending and slowing things up. 

I don't like the idea of it at all, buy FSG are not stupid and now how hard it will be if you can't control spending of oil clubs 

I’ll fucking fume if we don’t come away from their with 3 points next week. Sick of giving these and the mancs an easy point every year when every other fucker is walloping them.

They've never had a worse team since Klopp took over and our record there is pitiful.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I've said for ages the champion league final stages will change to a end of season final 8/4 all played in Saudi. They'd likely throw the premier league a load of money at a end of season tournaments. Something like the playoffs. The top 3 get CL automatically and the next 4 playoff for the final spot. All played in Saudi 

I think that could actually happen now as rules stand. But league fixtures cannot. Give it 10 years or so, Newcastle will be playing more games in Saudi than they do st James park. I wouldn't even be shocked if they just moved them like a franchise. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think that could actually happen now as rules stand. But league fixtures cannot. Give it 10 years or so, Newcastle will be playing more games in Saudi than they do st James park. I wouldn't even be shocked if they just moved them like a franchise. 

You say that like it's a bad thing!

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd love that.

Interesting set of fixtures down at the foot of the table this weekend.

- Everton Forest

- Luton Brentford

- Sheff Utd Burnley (probably lesser relevance than the other 2)

Wouldn't put it past Luton to beat Brentford and Forest are in better form than Everton with only 1 loss (at Spurs - a game which if Wood would've scored from 5 yards out instead of hitting the post they go 2 up in) in their last 5.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

Last season they delayed their points deduction and now Mr Esk questions if Everton are a going concern. 

To be fair to him, he has been banging that drum for some time and has made a big deal of it since the release of their latest accounts at the end of last month. 

56 minutes ago, dave u said:

You say that like it's a bad thing!

It's not an away I would fancy, despite it meaning you don't have to go up the 3 million steps to the away end - which John G knows I have absolutely no appetite for after getting up there one year and fucking off to the bigg market to watch the match, rather than going up those steps. although touching back on the thing from the new manager thread, rafa's turgid shit football did also contribute to my decision and I was right as we lost 1-0 without barely a shot!

13 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Interesting set of fixtures down at the foot of the table this weekend.

- Everton Forest

- Luton Brentford

- Sheff Utd Burnley (probably lesser relevance than the other 2)

Wouldn't put it past Luton to beat Brentford and Forest are in better form than Everton with only 1 loss (at Spurs - a game which if Wood would've scored from 5 yards out instead of hitting the post they go 2 up in) in their last 5.

Yeah, my worry is if that plays out, we then have them on their usual amped up 'Dogs of war' shit as well as needing points, so they either put a proper effort in and/or kick the living shit out of our players.

6 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

Yeah, my worry is if that plays out, we then have them on their usual amped up 'Dogs of war' shit as well as needing points, so they either put a proper effort in and/or kick the living shit out of our players.

We're gonna get that version of them anyway which is why the sooner these fuckers get relegated the better for everyone.

If you look at Villa the other week, they made the decision that 6 points was more likely if they sacrificed the City game in the middle of the week. That didn't make for pleasant viewing for Reds but it made sense. Everton are in that boat right now, Forest has to be the priority obviously but after that it's us on the Wednesday and Brentford at home on Saturday. A squad of that size and age, in the predicament they're in, has to be prioritising the 2 games they are most likely to take points from.

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Crikey.

The set-up for this is a bit like the Quansah fuck-up: there's no easy pass between the Centre-Backs, so the keeper positions himself in the right place for the safe ball.  As long as he doesn't have a sub-Karius brainfart, there's no danger.

GLRfdsXXEAApFBq.jpeg