You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Quite a few strong pub teams in Kirkby back in the day.

Farmers Arms twatted us 16-1 one time, they had a few Liverpool and Everton youth players couldn’t get near them. Lad behind our keeper with an rifle and a scrambler bike razzing up and down the touch line. We didn’t stand a chance!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Halcyon Days said:

Farmers Arms twatted us 16-1 one time, they had a few Liverpool and Everton youth players couldn’t get near them. Lad behind our keeper with an rifle and a scrambler bike razzing up and down the touch line. We didn’t stand a chance!

You were lucky to get out alive after having the cheek to score.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Agreed, spent 4 years at college there in the 90's, and lived in Cherryfield ward on Field Lane Estate between 2003 and 2016 (which seems like it's in Fazakerley but is actually in Kirkby).

Got a lot of time for Kirkby, met some good people down there, got a Brother in Law from Southdene too who's a sound lad even though he is a bloo!

I was at Kirkby college in the late 90’s too. Friendly people around there and salt of the earth. Compared to my time at Southport it was a different breed, people there are often stuck up cunts. 
I used to eat or go for a pint in Ginos (?) Wonder if it’s still there?

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

I was at Kirkby college in the late 90’s too. Friendly people around there and salt of the earth. Compared to my time at Southport it was a different breed, people there are often stuck up cunts. 

Fucking hell Gino's, there's another blast from the past. Don't think it's still there but I'm not sure.

I didn't know Kirkby until I started college in 91. Had to go there as they weren't running the course I was doing in Roby (2 minutes from my ma's gaff). I liked it, met some great people, wish I was still in touch with a few more. One lad was a proper Kirkby kidda, but now lives in Huyton round ghe corner from my ma's, still bump in to him now and again.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Gino's, Jesus I forgot all about that place! Went there a couple of times in the mid 90's, it was the go to place near the townie.

• Upvote 1

Played against Phil Thompsons pub team, presumably the Falcon in 1991 at Park Brow school on Broad Lane. They all wore the 1989 Liverpool kit. I was only 16 playing up front for a shite team and they battered us. I remember Phil Thompson barking orders at them like Martin Kove in the Karate Kid. 

I got absolutely kicked to pieces by fellas in their late 30s and 40s but didn't complain, had a couple of decent chances to score but their goalie was really good and basically saved everything. I won a penalty with about ten minutes to go and the captain of the team grabbed it off me and twatted it wide. Some of their players had a go and threatened our captain for taking it off me saying I would have scored.  I felt like Ethan Hawke at the end of Training Day where all the threatening looking gang members turn around and have his back against Alonso. 

I got home and my Dad ran me a bath and asked if I'd copped off with anyone on the way home when I took my shirt off. I had a bite mark on the back of my neck, must have been done at a corner as I just felt someone grab me but squeezed me in the neck. Dirty bastards.

Pre match entertainment was good as their team put the nets up only for a scally to rag his car onto the pitch and drive through the net dragging it onto the fields next to it. Held the game up for about 20 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

Both World Wars started to punish Everton, football hooliganism in the 80’s culminating in only Everton suffering. Titanic sinking stopped them from conquering America. Korean, Vietnam and Balkans Conflict all designed to stop Everton domination. Eurovision, the Oscars, Grammy’s and Bake Off all anti Everton. All they have is best team who play in blue in Liverpool although The Brick U13s have a claim. I feel so sorry for them, robbed for over a century. God Save the Blues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:
Drico

Drico

Player Valuation: £10m
This issue goes way beyond Everton and dodgy Russian money. It is a problem across the entirety of football. The despots who run Manchester City are not "linked" to despots like Usmanov. They ARE the despots. And they are mild compared to who has just taken over at Newcastle.

I'm not going to cry over Everton if we now find ourselves bankrupt and fall through the divisions as a result of sanctions. It would pretty much copper-fasten the story of Bill Kenwright as the most disastrous "custodian" in the history of the club. He couldn't even sell us to a proper untouchable despot. But by the same token, I think only an idiot would willingly go along with the prevailing winds that singles out little old Everton while allowing headchoppers and proven human rights abusers to hold sway at rival clubs. Is the message that it's okay to bomb Yemen but not Ukraine?

Evertonians are forever saying we do not get a fair crack of the whip - from referees, officials, etc. Yet here we are passively allowing our club to be singled out (has Abramovich been sanctioned yet?) and, once again, treated differently from others. Kick Usmanov out - but let's insist that MBS is kicked out at Newcastle and City find new, less blood-soaked, benefactors. Or we can take up station on the moral high ground of the Conference, or whatever it is called these days, and admire our own purity and selflessness while the, admittedly, corrupt game goes on without us anyway.

The entire edifice of football is corrupt. Pulling down Everton while allowing the rest of the vast framework to remain standing is self-defeating, self-aggrandising idiocy. Moshiri and Usmanov should be forced out along with the other parasites, many far far worse, in this league and game. But let's not make complete victims of ourselves so that we feel superior when we turn up to play Boreham Wood, not in the FA Cup, but in the National League.

Abramovich, Usmanov and Moshiri (to name but three) are mere discarded plastic bottles to the Exxon Valdez of middle-eastern financing within football, and sports in general. In what lunatic mind do we sanction these repellent oligarchs, whilst wining and dining the cuddly sheikhs? 

"Drico" is mostly bang on the money. 

52 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Abramovich, Usmanov and Moshiri (to name but three) are mere discarded plastic bottles to the Exxon Valdez of middle-eastern financing within football, and sports in general. In what lunatic mind do we sanction these repellent oligarchs, whilst wining and dining the cuddly sheikhs? 

"Drico" is mostly bang on the money. 

You must point out which parts. I just see the ramblings of a bitter, twisted and torn person.

He shouldn't be moaning about teams they frequently support if it hurts us.

Everyone knows about the oil cheats they choose to look the other way.

Fuck them all.

19 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

You must point out which parts. I just see the ramblings of a bitter, twisted and torn person.

He shouldn't be moaning about teams they frequently support if it hurts us.

Everyone knows about the oil cheats they choose to look the other way.

Fuck them all.

They take Man City flags to their away games to try to wind us up. 

Could you imagine the faux moral outrage off them if Usmanov was involved/not really involved with Liverpool and we had just carried on as if nothing had happened?. They would be moaning about it every minute of the day and tagging in journalists on Twitter as well as Merseyside Police. 

They still go on about our owners furloughing our staff for about 12 hours before reversing the decision despite their own club claiming a Coronaviris business interruption loan of £18m off the government while their main shareholder lives in Monaco to avoid paying tax. Won't pay tax but will happily claim taxpayers money. 

Also looks a bit suspect that Usmanov and Moshiri donated nearly £100,000 to the Tory party while a lot of other dodgy Russian businessmen have done the same.