You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

32 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

The last 12 months reviewed

A video is being played now looking back at the highlights over the last 12 months

Current period “one of the most significant transitions” in club’s history

Denise Barrett-Baxendale reiterates long-term ambition to see Everton winning trophies, playing in the Champions League and all in the “world class stadium”.

Chief exec calls current period “one of the most significant transitions” in club’s history.

Says set-backs expected.

The highlights of their season video that started at 18:18 actually ended at 18:18.

Wonder why that is then.......

You'd have thought that all of city's league goals last season would add up to over a minute

I met with Moshiri and he took me by the hand, I said "how is dear old Everton and how does she stand?"

He said "she the most distressful club that you have ever seen, we're massively in debt, but they're hating on the red"

For the wearing of the Red, for the wearing of the Red, they're hanging men and women for the wearing of the Red.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Haha, well dodgy that. 30 million up front just for the option to name a stadium that is no nearer to be being built today as it was 3 years ago?

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yup!

It makes no commercial sense at all... In no way would it get passed uefa ffp. I don't understand it. Why would he not buy a stake in the club? Or for that matter build the stadium and lease it to them? He's effectively paid 30m for the right to buy something that is worth about that over 5 years, but then he'd still have to buy it! 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It makes no commercial sense at all... In no way would it get passed uefa ffp. I don't understand it. Why would he not buy a stake in the club? Or for that matter build the stadium and lease it to them? He's effectively paid 30m for the right to buy something that is worth about that over 5 years, but then he'd still have to buy it! 

It will be for a player. They must be in real shit, worse than we thought.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It will be for a player. They must be in real shit, worse than we thought.

According to the echo, they've 'engaged' JP Morgan and and Mitsubishi Finance Group to 'look' for investors and financiers to fund the new stadium. Id say the 30m is the money paid to these two groups to find the right financiers and banks.

The question is, if its such a good thing, why arent JP Morgan and MFG providing the stadium build finance themselves?

13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

According to the echo, they've 'engaged' JP Morgan and and Mitsubishi Finance Group to 'look' for investors and financiers to fund the new stadium. Id say the 30m is the money paid to these two groups to find the right financiers and banks.

The question is, if its such a good thing, why arent JP Morgan and MFG providing the stadium build finance themselves?

Well to be fair, this is how these organisations work. The people who arrange finance will have nothing to do with those who provide it and in all likelihood will be ring fenced from each other in a business sense. It's a little like when we were using barcap to find a new buyer. 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Please please reassure me that the stadium isn't getting built and my head is about to fall off.

Well, they're engaging some very creative accounting to have secured 30m quid from usmanov for effectively nothing and, nothing tangible needs to come from it. But this is a tiny amount in the scheme of things.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Please please reassure me that the stadium isn't getting built and my head is about to fall off.

I have bad news for you, friend. They're definitely going right to the top. Nothing but the best is good enough for them. Tables are quaking at the thought of the gargantuan sums of cold hard cash being slapped on to them with incredible force.

• Upvote 1