You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

From November 2019

David Moyes has revealed why he wants to return to football management.

The former Everton boss has been out of work since leaving West Ham in the summer of 2018 but has had offers to get back into the dugout.

Scottish clubs and rivals Hearts and Hibernian are both looking for new managers after Craig Levine and Paul Heckingbottom were sacked.

But Moyes has ruled out a move to either Edinburgh club.

Despite rejecting offers to get back into the game, the 56-year-old told BBC Radio Scotland why he is desperate to have another chance before he retires.

"I've managed over 900 games. There's only two or three managers who have managed more in the Premier League. I've got 500 in the Premier League.

"It's a big thing to get 1,000 games as a manager."

On the offers he has had, Moyes said: "[I've had] lots of opportunities just now to go back to work but most of them have been in the English Championship.

"I've managed most of my career in the Premier League, so that's the level I expect to be at.

"In most of the years I've managed in the Premier League, it's been the top six, seven, eight in the Premier League so I'm hoping I can go back there.

Moyes spent 11 years at Everton but now believes current tenures will last no longer than four.

"I think the level of stress, intrusion, the way the job works, I think the managers will do three, four years then they'll take a break," he explained.

"I think the supporters aren't necessarily wanting managers for 10 or 11 years now. They're looking for change in maybe three, four years maximum at any of the clubs."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/former-everton-manager-david-moyes-on-why-he-wants-to-return-to-management/ar-AAJWtoI

Sane Evertonian on GOT Shocker!

How can you 'not be arsed' over them? They are our local rivals...it's a bloodless footy fan who doesn't have partisan feelings over their local rivals.
quite easily, Everton is my priority. I want US to WIN more than THEM to LOSE. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for you.

Do I want them to fail?Yes, are they going to? No. Do they have a far superior team to us? Yes. Will they win the league? Yes, do I want them to? No

will I act like petulant child because of it?? No. I’ll just bottle that up, push it down my into the pit of my stomach and I hope that they fail. What I won’t do is try to justify that by kidding myself into thinking they’re not a good team. Because they are

54 minutes ago, блядь said:

"I think the level of stress, intrusion, the way the job works, I think the managers will do three, four years then they'll take a break," he explained.

"I think the supporters aren't necessarily wanting managers for 10 or 11 years now. They're looking for change in maybe three, four years maximum at any of the clubs."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/former-everton-manager-david-moyes-on-why-he-wants-to-return-to-management/ar-AAJWtoI

Speak for yourself David, I’m pretty sure all Liverpool supporters wouldn’t mind 10 or 11 years with our current boss.

Take care though if you take the Everton job, 3-4 years sounds a bit far fetched for our blue friends.

53 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

How can you 'not be arsed' over them? They are our local rivals...it's a bloodless footy fan who doesn't have partisan feelings over their local rivals.

Do I want them to fail?Yes, are they going to? No. Do they have a far superior team to us? Yes. Will they win the league? Yes, do I want them to? No

Some excellent Garth Crooksing here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

quite easily, Everton is my priority. I want US to WIN more than THEM to LOSE. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for you.

will I act like petulant child because of it?? No. I’ll just bottle that up, push it down my into the pit of my stomach and I hope that they fail. What I won’t do is try to justify that by kidding myself into thinking they’re not a good team. Because they are

Kopite alert. 

The one thing that BS fans neglected to see, was that despite their injection of cash and a new found ability to buy world class players, none of said world class players wanted to go there. The slapping of cash on many teams’ tables clearly had no effect whatsoever. When that became clear, sights were lowered somewhat, resulting in journeyman players being targeted at clubs who couldn’t wait to get rid of them - Walcott, Sigurdsson, Gomes, Mina and so on. Problem was....they cost the same as the world class players they coveted. The lack of cachet and a global reputation fatally holed them below the waterline before they started. But being fiercely proud of a parochialism, a parochialism that was established due to taking the opposite position of everything we stand for and achieved, has locked them into a perpetual bind. And I don’t see them escaping it any time soon. They want to have better players, but won’t attract them if they’re not on a global stage....but being on a global stage is RS behaviour. Even if the highly unlikely BMD stadium materialises, their culture and philosophy won’t change. Perplexing, but eminently satisfying to witness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

I must be missing something obvious there.  All I see is a match report, fuck all about the chubby hamster being approached.

51 minutes ago, suzy said:

That happens a lot with BBC links I’ve found

Mine works ok, but here you go....

_109811614_silva_getty2.jpg

Everton manager Marco Silva is fighting to save his job after Saturday's 2-0 home defeat by Norwich City.

The loss increased concerns behind the scenes at Goodison Park. BBC Sport understand major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, instructed director of football, Marcel Brands, after the game to approach former Spurs manager, Mauricio Pochettino, with a view to him taking charge at Goodison Park.

The 42-year-old Portuguese, who has been Everton manager since June 2018, is set to meet with Moshiri and Brands on Monday to talk about his future.

It is unknown when Brands will meet with the Chubby Hamster.

• Upvote 1