You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

always wondered when i spent time in south east Asia and stay up till 4am to watch the match, alone, why all this talk about massive commercial revenue in the far east.? nobody really watches it. i spent 2 months in china and to find a 'EPL' match was difficult, certainly not billions of people watching it in park ji hung shirts. And all the shirts that you do see are totally jarg. so i am unable to see the connection that is constantly forced down our throats about the far east markets. something is askew, and betting syndicates won;t be too far away from it.

Where the hell were you? I've been in Asia for the last seven months and watching matches here is absolutely looney tunes.. Soooo many followers.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One appearance from a player, say from Dubai in the Premier League, and you'd have the whole of Dubai watching it."

Well what are we waiting for?

Oh right. They all suck.

That's what's so infuriating about Qatar getting the 2022 World Cup and that Qatari snake-oil salesman Bin Hamman probably getting himself elected FIFA president -- what in the world have most of these Middle Eastern countries contributed to the game of football? That's right, absolutely nothing, except lots of fans watching the World Cup and Premier League competitions and buying Torres shirts. Oh, and crude oil.

So fucking what? Get your own football sorted out, get some players actually worth a damn. Why should the rest of us bow down before them? Makes me mad.

Maybe Ayre can tell them they can employ a few scousers in some of their branches.

Remember last year watching LFC.TV, when LFC was for sale.....Ayre said he wouldn't mind Asian owns as it would boast the commercial revenue, it wouldn't surprise me if we see an Asian player, sooner rather than later.....

Where the hell were you? I've been in Asia for the last seven months and watching matches here is absolutely looney tunes.. Soooo many followers.

yeah in the tourist places like certain parts of thailand i would agree. but we always hear about china, and even in Beijing, although I always found the match, it was a struggle, and only expats watching.

my main point is the shirt sales that is taken as a given.

THEY ARE ALL FAKES. So how does the club benefit from that? people watching the match , yes, i get it, audience for the sponsers, but not shirt sales. I am not being intentionally pedantic, i just don't see it.

Honda is dirty fucker..... shit to boot.

you know this because you follow honda? if all you have to go on his what you have seen in the WC, then that should be enough, I'm half Japanese and follow alot of the national team. Honda is a fantastic skill player with a great natural left foot. He could play as a central attacking midfielder or if were short on strikers up top either linking or as solo.

you know this because you follow honda? if all you have to go on his what you have seen in the WC, then that should be enough, I'm half Japanese and follow alot of the national team. Honda is a fantastic skill player with a great natural left foot. He could play as a central attacking midfielder or if were short on strikers up top either linking or as solo.

I've watched enough (CSKA) to know he's truly a dirty fucking twat & I never want to see the dirty cunt in a liverpool shirt, and yes he's shit to the point he will never be good enough to play for liverpool or the Premier league.

PS: Bookmark that, because he may one day play for wolves or QPR

Edited by redsoxs

yeah in the tourist places like certain parts of thailand i would agree. but we always hear about china, and even in Beijing, although I always found the match, it was a struggle, and only expats watching.

my main point is the shirt sales that is taken as a given.

THEY ARE ALL FAKES. So how does the club benefit from that? people watching the match , yes, i get it, audience for the sponsers, but not shirt sales. I am not being intentionally pedantic, i just don't see it.

Im not talking about the tourist spots. I've been in backwater Cambodia and watched the game with a bunch of locals.

And we shouldn't worry about the Shirt sales, because Adidas handles Asia's shirt sales for us. (meaning, Adidas is the one making money on shirt sales here)

I've watched enough (CSKA) to know he's truly a dirty fucking twat & I never want to see the dirty cunt in a liverpool shirt, and yes he's shit to the point he will never be good enough to play for liverpool or the Premier league.

PS: Bookmark that, because he may one day play for wolves or QPR

haha you are a knob. please give me some example of him being dirty. as in dirty tackling, diving?? and if you think its so far off i would start reading more into his future, he will be in england and it will be for a competitive team.

Why are the Premiership always trying to sell products to a country that so embraces the culture of blag anyway? As If the Chinese are ever going to buy any official gear, there'll be some Tong churning out Dalglish royal wedding mugs faster than you can say intellectual property.