You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

Six for Suarez? Are you messing, easily a 7 at least. I'd say 8. Pulled two good saves out of the keeper and set up the only goal we scored. It's not his fault he was playing ON HIS OWN!

The Suarez bit was the first bit you felt that needed arguing?!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm yet to see Meireles win a 50/50, even Barca's players get stuck in! He's quality with the ball but we can't be carrying players and I'd say he's worth more for what we could get for him than he is for the fight we're about to face.

Johnson was our best player? He was basically playing right wing and not getting a single cross in. He only got forward when everyone else panicked. It's amazing what people will allow to pass for a performance these days. Our best player was Suarez by a country mile when he made a game out of NOTHING.

You remind me of a guy who was sat next to me in Leverkusen in 2005.

There he was screaming 'Get stuck in Garcia, you soft cunt', literally 5 seconds before the very same Garcia scored the first of his two goals with a sublime touch.

Meireles did not play well today but to call for him to be dropped because he does not win 50/50s is knee-jerking of the highest order.

We have lots of problems in the side which will take time sorting out. He is not one of them at the moment.

Get a grip.

You remind me of a guy who was sat next to me in Leverkusen in 2005.

There he was screaming 'Get stuck in Garcia, you soft cunt', literally 5 seconds before the very same Garcia scored the first of his two goals with a sublime touch.

Meireles did not play well today but to call for him to be dropped because he does not win 50/50s is knee-jerking of the highest order.

We have lots of problems in the side which will take time sorting out. He is not one of them at the moment.

Get a grip.

Garcia closed down his man and also got stuck in, he also had the heart to stay on in a derby when he was clearly injured so that comparison is pathetic.

He is a problem if he won't tackle, there's not one player in this league that is allowed to be carried in midfield without putting a foot in. Do you think Shankly would allow someone to shit out of every 50/50 regardless of their touch? Oh yeah and when did Garcia play in the centre?

We've forgotten who we are it seems.

Meireles was poor - again. Not quick, skillful or intelligent enough to contribute nothing anything at all defensively. The type of player our midfield of two years ago would have steamrollered without any noticeable resistance. Albert-Riera-a-like of a central midfield player.

Lucas was poor also, but was the only midfield player trying to keep a bit of shape to the team so a bit of credit to him. The other three being anywhere but where they should have been all the second half.

Garcia closed down his man and also got stuck in, he also had the heart to stay on in a derby when he was clearly injured so that comparison is pathetic.

He is a problem if he won't tackle, there's not one player in this league that is allowed to be carried in midfield without putting a foot in. Do you think Shankly would allow someone to shit out of every 50/50 regardless of their touch? Oh yeah and when did Garcia play in the centre?

ten-favorite-knee-jerks.jpg

I think today will have done Suarez the world of good . He was on the end of some hard but fair challenges. He may have got free kicks in Holland for them but not here.He will have learnt a lot from the way he was marked today and will adapt quickly .

That is the positive I am taking from today .

Oh ,and Escape to Victory is on ITV now as well .So two positives .

Yeah, Luis Garcia often got mistaken for Viera or Keane.....

Seriously, though, there's some insane over-reaction going on in this thread. The fact is that West Ham today were very good. They made it difficult for us in all areas of the pitch. Fair play to them. We lost. It happens. Move on.

In the longer term, we've got rid of the thieving parasites and we've got rid of that dogwaste that they put in the manager's chair. We've lost some fucking good players in the last 18 months, so it's obvious there is a big rebuilding job to be done. It's also obvious that things have been a lot better since Kenny returned. It's only a start - and, obviously, there will be results like Blackpool and today - but we're beginning to face the right direction. It's going to take time and patience - from the position Woy left us in, there's only an outside chance of us even qualifying for the UEFA Cup. But, if we call ourselves supporters, we've got to get through times like this (without turning into a shower of whiny schoolgirl shitwits) to earn the right to enjoy the good times.

A moment of clear thinking here for us at this moment. It was never gonna be wine and roses just cos Dalglish was appointed. We all know that.

The fact is we have a long road to travel but as sceptical and fickle as I am I really feel we can move a long way forward if we get it right and make the right signings in the summer.

okay. First goal, quality finish, but JC backed off and backed off and should have closed Parker down a lot sooner. Second, JC was too slow to get out and block the cross. Granted Skrtel should have done better too. Third goal, agree with Skrtel being bullied but again Carra just continued to back off Cole, didn't even see him out wide and pretty much allowed him the chance to get a free shot in.

Carra looked old and laboured, a good couple of yards off the pace, there today.

Plus he gave the ball straight to a West Ham player that resulted in two near misses. Agree on the "old and laboured" comment, he looked seriously fucked after 70 minutes, and it wasn't as if he had much running to do. Woeful stuff.

This season can't end soon enough, next year we can begin with a genuine blank slate. Seems like that's all I've done as a reds fan these last couple of years though, wish them away.

You're right there - it's come to something when the best hope I have for a football season is that it ends quickly and this is the second one running that I've felt that way about.

Guest barralad

I haven't forgotten who we are.If you have,.I pity you.

Guest barralad
There will be many days like this, for the simple reason that we're shit. The road back to the top is gonna be a long one.

It does not have to take so long.Things can,and have ,changed for us.

It wasnt that long ago we beat Real Madrid at home. A few decent players in the summer transfer window and we can be a force in the league next season.

There will be many days like this, for the simple reason that we're shit. The road back to the top is gonna be a long one.

Apart from Caroll/Suarez and players that left, it's pretty much the same group of players that have been shit for the past couple of years. Kenny and Steve Clarke just stemmed their shiteness for a while. We've been getting progressively worse and back to being shite in the past few games. Complacency and slackness has definitely crept back into the players minds. That's for both Kenny and Steve to sort out.

In the grand scheme of things, we don't need major surgery. It's very manageable, especially with Kenny at the helm and hopefully FSG putting their hands in their pockets. We've been utter dogshit for half of a season and we're only a few points behind the likes of Spurs and Chelsea, so completely disagree with you saying the road back to the top is a long one.

Get rid of most of the shite in the summer, bring in some major quality and rock on next season.

Don't fret, it's a Mong Islander post. A unique blend of righteous smuggery, po-faced - not to mention misplaced - superiority, and a unique talent for being wrong and irritating about everything.

Yet when you were all wanking over the turned corner I was pointing out that we needed to sell half the squad, and we do.

He who hesitates is lost.

Oh and what is happening in regards to my posts is well out of order, either argue the point or don't, leave the personal insults on the yard where they belong.

It amazes me that being the biggest child on here is what gets the best reactions.

You and Unrighteous seriously need to grow up, nothing I am saying is Knee jerk, I've been saying it for a while now. I'd rather be knee jerk than sit there and fiddle while Rome burns.

You'll notice there were no childish insults in there, I'm done with them, you and anyone else that wants to take that tact.

I'm feel sorry for Dirk.

It's not his fucking fault that every fucking manager we seem to get chooses to play him on the fucking right.

The logical choice would have been bring on Maxi for Raul and putting Dirk up top with Luis.

I feel sorry for him too. Because he's rubbish compared to the West Ham forwards. And he keeps getting picked despite costing us points, results and goals.

No coincidence to me that when Soto isnt there, the defence looks leaky.

Why is he always the one to make way regardless of form? There`s no way he`d of been brushed off the ball so easily for the 3rd goal.

Our most consistent centre back IMO. And we can`t get Carroll back quick enough, it`s absolutely crucial that he`s fit and performing.

Soto helps aerially no doubt about it but Agger is a big miss too. He gets a lot of stick does Danny for being made of glass which is fair enough. But we miss him big time when hes not there.

Pure reality check today.

The King's done a great job in managing to get the best out of what he's had to work with in recent games but, whether you've got Roy Hodgson or Jose Mourinho in charge, the saying that you can't polish a turd is true.

I was texting WaltonRed after the game and we both agreed we need a huge clear out in the summer and 5-6 who can come straight into the first 11 and improve it.

Yet when you were all wanking over the turned corner I was pointing out that we needed to sell half the squad, and we do.

Oh and what is happening in regards to my posts is well out of order, either argue the point or don't, leave the personal insults on the yard where they belong.

It amazes me that being the biggest child on here is what gets the best reactions.

You and Unrighteous seriously need to grow up, nothing I am saying is Knee jerk, I've been saying it for a while now. I'd rather be knee jerk than sit there and fiddle while Rome burns.

You'll notice there were no childish insults in there, I'm done with them, you and anyone else that wants to take that tact.

Yeah. You also said that George Boateng was a better player than Javier Mascherano, so you can understand that when it comes to being a mong, some people have just come to the conclusion that when it comes to the full spectrum of mongs, you're like the Mong Death Star.

A mong so huge, terrifying and mongoloid, that it is capable of destroying PLANETS.

Apart from Caroll/Suarez and players that left, it's pretty much the same group of players that have been shit for the past couple of years. Kenny and Steve Clarke just stemmed their shiteness for a while. We've been getting progressively worse and back to being shite in the past few games. Complacency and slackness has definitely crept back into the players minds. That's for both Kenny and Steve to sort out.

In the grand scheme of things, we don't need major surgery.

Get rid of most of the shite in the summer, bring in some major quality and rock on next season.

We'll beat the mancs next week, but it could be 2 years at least before this club is competitive again in the league. That's the level of surgery with that squad required.

CL is gone, best we can do this year is go as far as we can in Europe, and qualify for Bucharest next year through the league. Then continue in the summer with what's necessary to make us top of the tree again.

In the grand scheme of things, we don't need major surgery. It's very manageable, especially with Kenny at the helm and hopefully FSG putting their hands in their pockets. We've been utter dogshit for half of a season and we're only a few points behind the likes of Spurs and Chelsea, so completely disagree with you saying the road back to the top is a long one.

Very true. I think it would be fair to say that Kenny's arrival heralded a small upturn in what's still an overall downward trajectory. Even the great man himself can't polish a turd, although he did manage to lacquer it for a few weeks.

We'll be a far better side with a fully fit Gerrard, Suarez and Carroll but that still leaves some of the same areas to be addressed that have been problems since before Benitez came here. Chief amongst those would be at least one genuine, pacy, chalk-on-his-boots wide player. Not a converted striker, not a centre-mid doing a job out there but an actual wide player.

This season has also shown up just how badly we needed to sign an equivalent replacement for Mascherano; Poulsen was our attempt at that and you're just not comparing like with like. Poulsen was never at the highest reaches of the game even at his absolute best and that best is so far behind him now that I'd be surprised if he can remember it.

The talk about whether Meireles shits out of 50/50s and whether Gerrard can or can't play an orthodox central midfield role are distractions for me; you wouldn't have the issue at all with a central midfield three of Mascherano, Meireles and Gerrard because Mascherano's industry as an out and out spoiler would allow the other two much greater freedom to do their jobs.

I've always thought that this is why Lucas comes in for so much stick - he is hugely improved from the player that we signed but it doesn't make any practical difference to me because he'll never be a defensive midfielder as long as he's got a hole in his arse. Trouble is that means he's not going to dislodge Stevie from the midfield, doesn't offer anything like the goal threat that Meireles does in an orthodox role and isn't good enough at the one remaining role to be playing it week in, week out for any side with aspirations towards winning something.

People can say what they like about how he's come on but it's not a talent contest we're running here and he won't win anything for being 'most improved', this is a team game in which everyone has a job. Lucas cannot tackle well or consistently enough to be a DM in a top side, that's a simple and obvious fact and it must take remarkable powers of self-delusion for anyone not to be able to accept that based on the evidence in front of their eyes. That doesn't make him a bad player, or a horrible human being but it does mean that we should accept he's not a long term option in that position and never will be.

I'm not singling him out for today's performance at all, I don't think you can point a finger at any one or two players for today's result because we were utter tits right through the side but that doesn't change the fact that the only reason he'd feature in a first choice 11 for us this season is Christian Poulsen.

If Spearing had just a bit more game intelligence and so was a little more effective at closing down space, I'd seriously consider giving him a run out and that's despite me being on record as saying I don't think he's going to develop into a top-level Premier League player either; I'd give him a go because I think he'd give us a bit more of what we need in that position than Lucas does and that's really the only criteria for getting a place in the team for me - I don't give a fuck what else a player can do if he can't perform the primary part of his job to a high standard.

And then what? Buy 11 or 12 top drawer players with all the spare gazillions of pounds we've got lying around - then sit back and watch them effortlessly gel like Citeh?

What's your plan?