You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

Absolute shite from back to front.

West Ham dominated the midfield, far too long the game just passed Lucas and Stevie by. Dirk was wretched, Cole anonymous, Skrtel was pathetic for the final goal, Carra had one of them days were he looked his age and Wilson looked frighteningly off the pace. I can excuse him because of his age and experience but that was worrying from him today. Pepe had a mare for their third.

I think we can all be in no doubt just how big a rebuilding job we have, even if some of the cracks have been papered over.

Suarez showed bits of class, and Carroll can't get fit quick enough. Too many out there need dropping, and sorry to single him out but Dirk in particular is long overdue a spell on the sidelines.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the damage was all done in the first half . we were far too compacent - we totally misread how the match was going to be..thought we could trot around like puftahs and knock in a couple at will.

we were put in our place.

later on, we showed real promise up front, with suarez, cole, gerrard and kuyt working well..nice slot home by johnson late on, but they slowed the game right down after that goal and kept possession well, to deny us any more real chances; even so, suarez seems to be able conjour something from nothing, and he was ably supported, but it was too little too late.

pepe had a hit and miss game - he's had better games for us.

defensively, we need agger to be fit week in week out, or he might as well not bother staying. kelly's injury, may well have cost us the game at the back, and cost us 5th place in the prem, bad luck all round...but I've fuckin' had it with all this shit about 'kenny's honeymoon' being over . absolute bollocks from fairweather fans.

he's had his back against the wall since he took the job , and he's performing miracles with a team that seems to be collapsing around him like they've got the black death.

I was proud of our fightback today, but that should have been our tempo and attitude right out of the box. it wasn't. we lost.

All 8 mins ot if..........confused.

Just a poor all round performance I thought. West Ham were just more up for it than we were. Quicker to the ball, and winning the second ball more than we did. Their midfield bossed ours, and that is where we lost it. West Ham deserved their win. Good to see Suarez try a few things, as a positive.

One shot aside, Gerrard was woeful today, and spent more time passing to West Ham than he did to our players. In fairness, it was his first game back after injury, but a midfield with him and Raul isn't going to work as neither has the discipline required. I'd be tempted to put him out on the right wing.

He should play either there or as a second striker. It's just our lack of squad depth that forced Kenny's hand today. If we had managed to get Adam, there's no way Stevie would be seen there again.

Man Ure next as well, players are wank with very few exceptions, tactics very negative, sort it out Kenny, we fucking love you man, but that was gash. If Woy was manager, he'd be getting pelters for that!

If Woy was manager, we wouldn't have had even the change in formation or fightback...

Suarez, Johnson, were only positives. Although i think we would have created more with Meireles on the field for 2nd...

Cole did better than most.. Tried to create something, and hold on to the ball quite well.

But totally dominated for the first 70 mins... creating nothing, and lost the ball after 3 or 4 passes..

And please give Wilson some time.. Do you expect A+ performances from youngsters from week 1? They need to make mistakes and have terrible games. So did Carragher and Stevie in their first years....

We missed Agger, Kelly was unfit and got injured, Raul was unfit and got injured, a fucking bad day at the office. Play like that against the mancs and we are going to get spanked which will be shameful at Anfield. We need someone competent at left back. Wilson would get eaten alive by Nani.

Man Ure next as well, players are wank with very few exceptions, tactics very negative, sort it out Kenny, we fucking love you man, but that was gash. If Woy was manager, he'd be getting pelters for that!

Shut up you fucking prick. The "if Roy was manager...." drivel is stupid. Roy wasnt a manager who'd won this league with two different teams, they are leagues apart as managers and then theres plenty of other reasons too.

I still find it incredible that people think he should have this lot as a better team than Barcelona.

Just glad thats over. Horrible to watch. Nice to see Suarez creating a chance himself with a beautiful turn. N'gog needs to stop trying to take on 6 players when he gets the ball. He reminds me of some lad i used to play 5-a-side with in the pitz. By the looks of that today and Kenny introducing younger players to the team and new blood its going to take a few seasons until we are seriously challenging for anything but 4th spot i reckon.

Felt bad for Lucas there, Gerrard abused his power don't think I saw him behind the play in the whole match. Lucas doesn't have the bottle to tell him to fucking act like a midfielder, Mascherano would have given stevie an ear full

I dont think you could be more wrong mate..... I think Gerrard is doing what he was told to, as he was focusing more on his offensive duties in 2nd half, and that is what we need him to.

Guest barralad

If Roy was still Manager that would have been a relegation match.

Perspective please.

Disgusting performance from everyone bar the last 20. Gerrard and Meireles especially for shitting out of challenges and not bothering to track back.

Lucas, is, and alway will be a useless shithouse incapable of anything bar passing the buck and inflating his passing percentages. Kuyt, N'gog and Skrtel are somehow worse - they're absolute liabilities.

We are still paying the price for the previous 2 managers fuckups. Kenny doesn't deserve this shower. Give him money and a contract already. He's got work to do.

I dont think you could be more wrong mate..... I think Gerrard is doing what he was told to, as he was focusing more on his offensive duties in 2nd half, and that is what we need him to.

You think he was told to stand around looking disinterested and not compete in the first half?

Although we are rightly acknowledging some of our weakness, worth mentioning that West ham have played well. Maybe its just me but the likes of Westham, Wigan Wolves and WestBrom are actually better than most teams you see each year struggling at the bottom.

there are no easy games in the prem anymore. the range of points from top to bottom seems to be narrowing, and every game has to be fought for hard -that was our prob today - a first half of complacency, west ham wanted it badly, and took it.

We looked like we'd never played together before today. Raul didn't look like he was going to make it through the whole match, and we saw how much we lose when Kelly is out. I feel our only real hope against the Mancs next week after this horrible match, is a three/four/five match ban for Rooney. Plus a week off.

Edited by kalasoma

You think he was told to stand around looking disinterested and not compete in the first half?

Obviously not, but do you think anyone was? Because he surely wasnt the only one, who looked clueless... But it is easy to see for anyone that Gerrard is NOT a deep lying playmaker as he was trying to be in the first half.

He was playing in centre-mid; we needed him to play as a central midfielder. He shirked any defensive responsibilities and if he'd been on Hitzlsperger where he needed to be during the first goal the one-two wouldn't have been such a doddle. It's fine for him to play how you're saying if it's a 4-5-1 and he's deployed behind the striker, but not when we're playing against an extremely competitive central midfield partnership like West Ham's.

Lucas, is, and alway will be a useless shithouse incapable of anything bar passing the buck and inflating his passing percentages.

Inflating his passing percentages? Fucking heard it all now. A game where we could've killed for more possession and you're having a pop at someone for keeping it.