You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Here's my squad for next season:

***********************Reina/Gulasci***********************

Johnson/Kelly*****Skrtel/Carra******Soto/Agger******Insua/?

***************L.Diarra/Lucas******Meireles/Shelvey************

Suarez/Kuyt**************Gerrard***************Marveaux/?

*********************Carroll/Ngog*************************

My first thought is do we need another ball winner in midfield. I still don't think of Lucas as a holding player. He'd be better with someone alongside him. Would you take Momo back. Or what about Melo? After all we're dealing with Juve already over Aqua.

I'm talking about when the shite signed him from Wigan. A lot of our fans seem to have an attitude of "If he's not from somewhere exotic and/or good on Football Manager, we shouldn't go anywhere near him". It's the same attitude people have now towards the likes of Jarvis, but you can already envisage us a few years down the line moaning about us not signing him when he's doing the business for another club. We're all guilty of it to be fair, but I'd be more than happy to see us bring in a few players of that type in the summer - especially since I don't think we'll have huge amounts of money to spend.

It wasn't your post I was commenting on mate, £3m from Wigan would have been a steal looking at it now. £10m whilst not a bargain, I'd be very happy with. As I said the LB spot with Baines and Robinson (Robinson is the young lad coming through isn't it?) would be covered for years.

I can understand your point about English/British players to a point but it also works the other way with stupid prices quoted for very average, actually lets be honest, shit footballers because of their nationality.

EDIT: It was The Chef who said it would be a 'big steal' at £10m Mellor's Lucky Boot.

Edited by lifetime fan

I think Baines is OK but I wouldn't buy him for 10M. I'd rather stick with Johnson or bring in Taiwo on a free and put that 10M for Baines towards a better winger, especially if it means the difference between getting the likes of N'Zogbia or upgrading to Sanchez.

Baines has got 27 assists in the Premier League in the last 3 seasons for Everton.

He's worth at least ten million of anyone's money. If we get him in then the leftback slot is sorted for the next 5 years.

Very tricky deal to pull off though I would have thought

Baines has got 27 assists in the Premier League in the last 3 seasons for Everton.

He's worth at least ten million of anyone's money. If we get him in then the leftback slot is sorted for the next 5 years.

Very tricky deal to pull off though I would have thought

I'd imagine he'd need to put a transfer request in and push it to go through.

Milner has done fuck all for them. Don't know what the score is with him but he hasn't looked anywhere near as good as he did at Villa. It's not because he's surrounded by players who are overshadowing him, that's for sure.

Could have had him for about £3mill from Wigan.

But we stuck with Insua and bought Degen and Dosenna.

Its fixing fuck ups like this that mean that the road back is longer than it should have been.

At least Johnson and Agger look like players again under Kenny.

Had he stayed, the OFC would have sold both of em.

Id like us to buy Scott Parker, Scott Dann, and Albrighton from Villa.

Thatd be about £20 mill combined.

We may also need to prise Shay Given from City to replace Pepe, but that could net us another £10 mill to spend.

Parker is over 30 now. Would cost too much for his age.

reading some of the names mentioned today i am a little worried that we are would just be replacing like for like squad members

we need proper players to come in not Stuart fucking Downing!

thought we were after Ceontrao for left back?

we also need a ball winner in the middle of the park as well as a tricky right winger/forward who can get a cross in

3 key positions and mininum £50m needs to be spent

Guest simon
At the very least we need a Left back, Centre Back and two forwards/wide attacking players.

Roger Johnson, Gyan, Fletcher, Albrighton, Jarvis.

Guest simon
Fletcher? Fucking hell.

You have to think mate who we buy has to be willing to be backup people rip the shit out of David but he dont complain. Fletcher is 23 and wasted at wolves. I hate this dilusion by people that if a player plags for a crap team they are deemed not good enough for us. We are not the team we once was. We are most likely to not even be in europe next season we have to lower the bar a little. Who would be willing to be backup would be a better alternative. Should of never got rid of Nemeth or LDV.

Class comments from Henry:

On the subject of Dalglish's next contract, Henry proved slightly less forthcoming. "We are working on the future," he said. "But what is going on in that regard is private. It is something called the Liverpool way. You do these things behind closed doors. I am not going to talk about these things, but Kenny Dalglish has done very well."

What about Vargas? I was impressed when we played Fiorentina. He's not had a great season - in an ordinary side - but he's a very good crosser of the ball. Left-footed, could compliment Suarez and Carroll nicely.

If we're in for Adam, what does that mean for Stevie's future? Adam is good, but he's not really a ball winner, which is what we need most of all. It's hard to see Adam Meireles and Gerrard in the same team. I'd even consider taking Sissoko back, if Juve wanted to part-exchange with Aquilani. As I've mentioned before Diarra is out of favour at Madrid.