You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Not sure where this Young stuff is coming from. He's agreed everything with the Mancs and they even told him to sit tight cos it could be late in the window when a deal is done.

I'd heard he'd had a medical with them and everything. Strange that this would come out now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Barton? Are we collecting players who had their best ever form in the championship. Our targets hardly excite so far.

Yeah, it's a strange one. Adam, Dann, Downing, Barton... doesn't blow your socks off. I hear Heskey is available.

Barton? Are we collecting players who had their best ever form in the championship. Our targets hardly excite so far.

We're going to have to offer City wages or get back into the CL to attract the grab bag of estsblished top class stars we seem to be expected to sign. Personally, I just hope we get the right players for our team. That said, i agree with the specific example of Barton.

The Mancs haven't signed a really obvious top class star since Rooney the better part of a decade ago, unless you count Berbatov. Even Rooney was unfulfilled (but blindingly obvious) potential at that time.

Guest TK-421

Barton would be a good signing if he could stay out of trouble. A quality player with the bonus of providing some creative spark from midfield and cover in case Gerrard breaks down again. I can certainly see the logic in signing him.

Barton back living in Liverpool is a recipe for disaster but if anyone can save him its Kenny.

Had Gazza joined us I doubt he'd of ended up on that riverbank in Durham...Moaty its me!

Exactly. Every screwball, lunatic bitter will be out to wind him up in the hope that he reacts.

It's a shame, 'cos he is a good footballer and in an ideal world I'd much rather we signed him than Adam to be honest.

Barton back living in Liverpool is a recipe for disaster but if anyone can save him its Kenny.

Had Gazza joined us I doubt he'd of ended up on that riverbank in Durham...Moaty its me!

Nobody, including Kenny, is going to change that piece of shit at the age he is now, lets not delude ourselves. It would be an awful signing both in a footballing perspective and for our image. Hes not excellently gifted to make up for his scumbagness hes merely a decent player and should be avoided at all costs

awful signing have to say the standard of players where looking at dann barton downing adam will not send shivers down many teams spine,s. if where serious about getting back top 4 and eventually challenging for trophie,s we need better quality than the above mentioned.

Barton would be a good signing if he could stay out of trouble. A quality player with the bonus of providing some creative spark from midfield and cover in case Gerrard breaks down again. I can certainly see the logic in signing him.

Ridiculous idea of a signing. In fact fucking appalling.

Hopefully we are looking at a crop of British players and crop of overseas targets.

Barton shouldn't be on any list.

Cant say he is better in any way than spearing (especially not at the same age) and jay has a tremendous work ethic.